OT: More points this season-- Crosby or McDavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I voted Sid. He led the NHL in PPG last year. I still expect him to recover and do that before the season is out.

Mcdavid is insanely good and might already be a top 10 player in the NHL though. I don't think it will be long before he surpasses Sid - and everybody - to become the best player.

I don't think it happens this year though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McDavid because he has more offensive support and a coach that actually plays off the strengths of their team instead of playing off the weaknesses like the Pens do.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
This is a tough question.

I'l say Sid will have more, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mcdavid ends up with more.

I think starting next year you will see Mcdavid winning the scoring title almost every year assuming he stays healthy.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
EgYm450.gif

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Maybe when McDavid starts putting up more points than Crosby, TTEOT will leave here and go over to the Oilers boards to gush about McDavid.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Before the season started I thought Sid would have a great year. I put down 100 for him. That's not looking too good right now, haha.

And I had McDavid finishing with 70 points.

So I had a 30 point gap. I suspect that will be much closer. I would still put Sid ahead, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Sid definitely has the better talent around him. What McDavid is doing with Pouliot and Yakupov, two very mediocre players, (I don't care where he was drafted at) is amazing so far. Yeah, Sid was carrying an anchor around, if that stays off his neck, he should start seeing more points. Let's hope.

I don't think it will be long, maybe a year or two, before McDavid is the best player in the league.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So I guess TTEOT is saying Ovechkin is no longer the greatest player in the league right now. That it's only between Crosby and McDavid.

Penguinzilla*

McDavid is REALLY flippin good. I wouldn't be surprised if he led the whole league.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Wouldn't be surprised if it was McDavid. He's already one of the best players in the league, a treat to watch. Very much a Crosby tier player, and crosby was better than the majority of established stars the minute he stepped into the nhl.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Crosby will be stuck playing with an undrafted, mid 30's grinder for the rest of the season on his left side. For that reason alone McDavid will finish with more points.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
this is actually a really interesting question, kudos to OP.

it's a tough call, i'm really not sure. mcdavid is looking better than even his biggest fans thought he would be doing this early. there was supposed to be more of a learning curve for him than crosby had. crosby was just built to dominate right from the get go. on one hand i cant see an 18 year old winning the scoring title but i think mcdavid is such a smart hockey player that i see him getting a lot better as the year goes on. trying to recall, did sid hit any big slumps in his first season? i dont think he went more than like 2 maybe 3 games without a point, iirc.

one thing i have found really impressive about connor aside from the obvious hands and skating is how he positions himself on the ice. he's done an amazing job at setting little picks on the ice or subtle interference plays or putting himself in a position next to a defender where the defender can't really cover him effectively. i'm not explaining it well but it's there.

sid looks pretty lifeless out there, and the stats for his past ~50 games or so are pretty underwhelming... i think he's averaging under a ppg over that span. though i think ultimately though they will can johnston and get a new coach to wake this team up.... i think in the end sid will end up with more points.

but again great question OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad