OT Montreal bylaw requires dogs understand commands in both official languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overtime Period

OvertimePeriod
Jun 20, 2008
Montreal
http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2...derstand-commands-in-both-official-languages/

Earlier this week, Montreal city councilor Benoit LaDouce proposed a bylaw that would require all dogs in public parks to be bi-lingual. According to Mr. LaDouce, "Dogs parks in our city are chaotic and communication is at the heart of the conflict." In his mind, K9/citizen relations would be more harmonious if dogs in public spaces understood commands in both English and French.

Earlier today Pat Kelly spoke with Mr. LaDouce to find out more.
listen to the to audio to funny..

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Its so sad, that it has become funny.

Worst part is french is such a beautiful language, but just which these fools wouldn't push it down our throats.

Habitant by heart

Nov 18, 2012
I'd purposefully teach only English to my dog and let him run at the Parliament when Pauline is there, she might finally learn how to speak 2 or 3 words of English.

This is a freaking joke, how do these people even have these kind of jobs?:shakehead

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
If this was actually serious, I think my dog would survive. He only knows one command and he'd sit no matter what one syllable word you say as long as you say it in a certain tone of voice.

PricePkPatch*

I love it how all of you jumps on this piece of ****news like a bunch of francophobic vultures.

There ain't any Benoit LaDouce working in Montreal City Hall.

Check it for yourself

Only 1 Benoit elected in the whole city of Montreal, and it's Benoit Dorais.

Do you seriously think this sort of stupid event wouldn't have been mentioned in French news as well?

Habitant by heart

Nov 18, 2012
I love it how all of you jumps on this piece of ****news like a bunch of francophobic vultures.

There ain't any Benoit LaDouce working in Montreal City Hall.

Check it for yourself

Only 1 Benoit elected in the whole city of Montreal, and it's Benoit Dorais.

Do you seriously think this sort of stupid event wouldn't have been mentioned in French news as well?

How should I know this is satire?
After all what happened lately, I was not even surprised. :shakehead

PricePkPatch*

How should I know this is satire?
After all what happened lately, I was not even surprised. :shakehead

"all that happened lately"?

Oh man, you are really living in an oppressive and orwellian state, aren't ya? To actually expect that such a stupid proposition would actually happen?

Like I say. *****ing french-basher. Always on the lookout for more excuses, and accepting whatever francophobic **** people might try to feed you.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal

"all that happened lately"?

Oh man, you are really living in an oppressive and orwellian state, aren't ya? To actually expect that such a stupid proposition would actually happen?

Like I say. *****ing french-basher. Always on the lookout for more excuses, and accepting whatever francophobic **** people might try to feed you.

With Pauline Marois leading the Province, you just never know if its true or not especially with her deeply rooted separatist agenda. Nothing surprises me with her anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad