OT: HELP (MXD, Lappy, EagleBelfour)

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Guys, this is completely off topic, but I need help. I work at a wax museum and today there's a tv show from Montreal coming in. The manager found out that I grew up in Montreal and offered a french tour...unfortunately, I left Montreal at about 12 years old and haven't spoken french in almost ten years. My tour is this afternoon and I'm pretty much ready, but there's one problem:

We have a Gordie Howe figure. I can't figure out how to say Hart trophy, Art Ross trophy and WHA in French...I figure it's not just literal translations.

Also- we have a Babe Ruth figure, how do you say homerun?

And finally. Terry Fox- Bone cancer and prosthetic leg. I don't want to sound like an idiot by just looking in a dictionary and putting two words together that don't work out.

Please help. Thanks!

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Guys, this is completely off topic, but I need help. I work at a wax museum and today there's a tv show from Montreal coming in. The manager found out that I grew up in Montreal and offered a french tour...unfortunately, I left Montreal at about 12 years old and haven't spoken french in almost ten years. My tour is this afternoon and I'm pretty much ready, but there's one problem:

We have a Gordie Howe figure. I can't figure out how to say Hart trophy, Art Ross trophy and WHA in French...I figure it's not just literal translations.

Also- we have a Babe Ruth figure, how do you say homerun?

And finally. Terry Fox- Bone cancer and prosthetic leg. I don't want to sound like an idiot by just looking in a dictionary and putting two words together that don't work out.

Please help. Thanks!

Il a gagné 7 trophés Art Ross, 6 trophés Hart, et a joint l'Association Mondiale de Hockey (you can AMH).

Babe Ruth a frappé plus de sept cent circuits au cours de sa carrière. Of course, you can say 714 in french, but over seven hundred (sept cent) is just fine.

Terry Fox had an Osteosarcome, but you can say cancer des os. Il a entrepris de traverser le Canada à la course, muni d'une Jambe articficielle. Simple as that.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Il a gagné 7 trophés Art Ross, 6 trophés Hart, et a joint l'Association Mondiale de Hockey (you can AMH).

Babe Ruth a frappé plus de sept cent circuits au cours de sa carrière. Of course, you can say 714 in french, but over seven hundred (sept cent) is just fine.

Terry Fox had an Osteosarcome, but you can say cancer des os. Il a entrepris de traverser le Canada à la course, muni d'une Jambe articficielle. Simple as that.

Thanks a lot, man.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Dude, you work at the wax museum! That's awesome. Next time I'm in Victoria I'll come by and visit you even though that place has always given me the creeps.

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Dude, you work at the wax museum! That's awesome. Next time I'm in Victoria I'll come by and visit you even though that place has always given me the creeps.

When you come, ask if there's anyone who can give you information about Gordie Howe. They'll know the page me right away. Then you won't have to pay haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad