Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah I wouldnt mind Pickard. Knob seemed so set on Skinner before the playoffs though that I doubt we'll see it.
One thing il give Skinner is that he's usually pretty good about bouncing back after an ugly performance.
Whoopie. Look at him bounceback when I cost the team another playoff game. Skinner was pulled 4X last playoffs and stunk in half his starts last year. He's batting .500 this playoffs as well. Oilers should have a 2-0 lead in games.

We don't even know he will. Skinner last season was bad in 3 of the Kings games.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Campbell just let in 5 goals in the AHL tonight.
Well Skinner just let 5 in an NHL game... Skinner is 87.9% career in the playoffs in his career.

I don't even hate Skinner and want him to succeed... but those numbers don't lie.

Playoff games just may not be his forte at this point after 14 games.. he hasn't been good enough.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I understand that some guys are still in Stu's corner but if you wait to make a change until game 4 it might be too late. Picard had some strong showings this season. It certainly isn't clear that Skinner is the better goalie but that's not a dig at Stu but rather a nod towards Pickard.
Pickard deserves a chance. He's a veteran goalie and has shown to be decent this year. He's also a lot fresher than the two. Play him.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
Oilers played way too loose today, and for the most part the kings were able to break up our forechecks and get into our zone with ease. It’s not hard enough to play the Oilers in the Dzone. Every contender makes you muck and grind and battle, we’re waaaaay too loose.

Reactions: AT14C and guymez

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
This feeling sucks. Wish I didn't care so much.
Big deep breath my friend. Remember all the other good things in life and that you can’t control the outcome here. Enjoy the playoffs regardless of the outcome.

Plus we have lots of hockey left. The storyline is unfolding.

The best Oiler story of this game was Holloways coming out party and we barely lost despite our stars only being “ok” tonight

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Thats not winning you a cup. Trotting out guys like Ceci, Nurse, Skinner in a winner take all situation is a constant disaster waiting to happen. Your only as good as your weakest link.

I told my buddies “GG” as soon as the third ended. We are absolutely horrific in playoff OT and the opposite of clutch. May as well go to bed instead lol

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
I'm not a Skinner defender, but I am a Skinner supporter.

He was not good enough tonight. End of discussion there.

At some point every LA zone entry was making me nervous. That's also a byproduct of the D letting the team down as well (yes, it can be both things) as well as some good luck bounces to LA.

I have no real strong feelings about who should start next game, but I'm pretty certain it'll be Skinner. He needs to be better.

Series is tied and we all knew it was gonna be tough and LA might squeeze out some wins. This team playing to their potential is still better than LA and even tonight when shit wasn't going well they stayed in it.

I believe they can win in LA and keep it going.

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Skinner's arrogance is going to get him some boos if he doesn't watch it.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I dont get this. There isnt much to like about Nurse.
How many of the Kings goals was he on the ice for?
9/10 Ceci is the problem on that pairing. I couldn’t imagine having to drag that anchor everywhere every game.

But he needs to be better and step up. He wasn’t good today and sleeping on that breakaway is inexcusable

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I dont get this. There isnt much to like about Nurse.
How many of the Kings goals was he on the ice for?
I should be clear. I like him as a 4-5 million dollar d man.

I’m fine with him at that price. But his contract is terrible.

Shit game from him tonight though. Don’t disagree

Reactions: Oilhawks and guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad