Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Might be time to call up Campbell... the career 92.0% playoff goalie vs Skinner... the career 87.9% playoff goalie.

Am I serious? Well maybe not 100%... but ya might be getting to that point.

4.1% better is a huge spread.
If those are his career numbers he deserves a shot. I mean could it be like a coaching change?

Reactions: nexttothemoon

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Team defense wasn't good enough. Skinner with at minimum two weak goals and was not instilling confidence. Can't draw up the good fortune on two of the Kings goals but skilled players delivered on the kill shot opportunities. Oil chased all game critically giving up a huge goal immediately after scoring. Falls on the goaltender but he had help with team mistakes in front of him.

Wasted a chance to control this series. They pumped 4 by a goaltender who also was shaky. Not winning anything giving up five goals.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah well this isn't the Stuart skinner self growth tour.
Apparently it is. It was all last playoffs. We mortaged the entire playoffs on giving Skinner every start because he asked for them and a coaching staff stupid enough to give him every start. Hope KK is smarter but I would be surprised if we saw Pickard get any start.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
They're probably better off getting an upgrade on Ceci. It would be easier. Even if he's not a big problem
I agree it’s the easy move for sure. It’s more pie in the sky hopes and dreams. I like nurse overall. Just the contract is an anchor and prevents us from filling holes and rounding out the team

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
If anybody asks Skinner he'll say he played a solid game. People were talking up before game what a great quailty it is that he never gets upset, that he's all cool. Well, nothing bothers him. Letting 5 goals in doesn't bother him, at all, thats part of the problem. The guy is so lax with everything. 2mins left in regulation he misplays puck on a routine dump and we're luckly Kings had nobody on the rush.
If you think players aren't bothered by bad games, especially in the playoffs...really?

Dradavich

Nov 29, 2019
Canada
Idk how anyone can defend skinner, he was atrocious tonight. he literally cost Edmonton the game.

1714022643469.png

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
skinner should sit game three - he hasn't been good enough, and maybe needs his status challenged - Pickard has shown no reason why he couldn't start and win a playoff game

I don't disagree but the problem is they will want to give Skinner a chance to bounce back. And if they start Pickard and he gets lit up, they're probably f***ed.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Might be time to call up Campbell... the career 92.0% playoff goalie vs Skinner... the career 87.9% playoff goalie.

Am I serious? Well maybe not 100%... but ya, might be getting to that point.

4.1% better is a huge spread. 18 playoff games for Campbell... 14 Games for Skinner... so similar sample size,
no try Pickard

Skinner is choking like a dog at the moment

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
If anybody asks Skinner he'll say he played a solid game. People were talking up before game what a great quailty it is that he never gets upset, that he's all cool. Well, nothing bothers him. Letting 5 goals in doesn't bother him, at all, thats part of the problem. The guy is so lax with everything. 2mins left in regulation he misplays puck on a routine dump and we're luckly Kings had nobody on the rush.
Yup, doesn't bother him but he's pissing everyone else off. He looked shaky af in the 3rd. F*** Holland for this big time.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
allowing that goal cannot possibly be all on Skinner. He actually made a lot of saves after the first three goals against.

That breakaway happening in OT is inexcusable

I mean fair I don’t hang goals 2 and 5 on him. Hell even #1 wasn’t really his fault.

But man 3 and especially 4 are just absolute howlers. You can’t be giving up that shit in the playoffs.

Reactions: Dieseloil

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Yes let’s keep blaming the goalie when we forget to play defence and give up breakaways. The analysis you guys have is laughable.
Yes we will keep blaming the goalie when there are 5 goals a game against.

Did you see the oilers pp tonight? Talbot stood on his head. Didn't matter they were getting shots through the pk and the "defense". Make a f***ing save once in a while.

Apparently it is. It was all last playoffs. We mortaged the entire playoffs on giving Skinner every start because he asked for them and a coaching staff stupid enough to give him every start. Hope KK is smarter but I would be surprised if we saw Pickard get any start.
Yeah I agree. I put that on woodcroft and he deserved to be fired after Campbell won us a game skinner would have cost us.

• Love
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Which is why I’ve repeatedly said I want Picksrd to start game 3.

Still allowed to be unhappy about giving up breakaways because of complete brain farts in OT.
Yeah I wouldnt mind Pickard. Knob seemed so set on Skinner before the playoffs though that I doubt we'll see it.
One thing il give Skinner is that he's usually pretty good about bouncing back after an ugly performance.

Reactions: nabob

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Bad defense, worse goaltending. Achilles heel of this team. This was one of those nights where you were worried every time the Kings directed a puck towards the Oilers net. I’m not surprised Skinner wasn’t pulled tonight even though he was awful. Game 2 of the playoffs is too early to be messing with your goalies head, especially after you’ve won game 1 but, the leash has to get much shorter starting now. We saw last year that he couldn’t put back to back good games together in the playoffs. He stopped fighting after the second goal tonight, just like he was doing last year. That needs to be recognized by the coaching staff and dealt with. Knoblach can’t be afraid to start his other goalie when Skinner goes off the rails.
I held my breath every time the Kings penetrated the zone.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I mean fair I don’t hang goals 2 and 5 on him. Hell even #1 wasn’t really his fault.

But man 3 and especially 4 are just absolute howlers. You can’t be giving up that shit in the playoffs.
4 was straight garbage. He needs to stop one or two of 1, 3 or 5.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
Pickard starting would be one ballsy ass move, I highly doubt we see him without a drastic lead or a drastic failure

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Every playoffs are an emotional roller coaster the high highs and the low lows but here we are win or lose on to game 3 and we know it's never easy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad