Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
LA never trailed in this game. That was a massive win for them and they got on the Oilers right from the get go. They were better prepared and they played their game.
Their best players were better than the Oilers best players.

McDavid was given a rough ride. He was essentially a non factor. Tried to do too much himself IMO.
Skinner needs to be better but so do the Oilers best players.

Going to be a tough go in LA on that junk ice trying to get throught all the LA sticks in that 1-3-1.
Best of 5 now.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Skinners time is done in Edmonton. Only a matter of time before he starts getting booed during games instead of Stuuu.

All the haters were right, he is a piece of shit and needs to be publicly flogged for costing us 2 f***ing cups!
Not haters just right, he had no potential and he has the worst puck tracking, slowest goalie, and cant react to a puck. 3 qualities you have to have as a goaltending and he has the worst I have ever seen.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Guys let up on that dump in. It was a ridiculous re direct by Byfield but all the boys were sleeping on the wheel on that one.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I see lots of Skinner blame after this one. He needs to be better, but I don’t think it’s fully justified. Only bad goal was Fiala’s

Kings had every bounce tonight and capitalized. When we were on, we dominated

Not worried. Flush it. Move on to Friday

Reactions: nally and DrDrai

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
We're down vastly 5v5 through 2 games and we have last change. Knoblauch is in over his head.

Anyone who thinks that was a "lucky play" by the Kings in OT. Sure, why do you think Kopitar beats the offside trap? It was a set play. Forwards pinch and Nurse and Ceci always cede the blueline. Was it a guaranteed goal? No, but I guarantee you it was an intentional play by the Kings

Reactions: nally

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Second best goalie once again. Sigh.

All year.

Give this team average goaltending (especially at the start of the year) and they would have won the President's trophy. Give them slightly below average goaltending last year, as opposed to the tire fire bullshit they got and they would have won the cup.

Skinner is 100% part of the problem. Has he stolen this team a single game in the last two years? He's the second best goalie, every f***ing night, even when the team wins.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Keep cheering for this fraud
Ok. I’ll cheer for the Oilers. You’re cheering against them thinking it makes you look good somehow. You’d rather a player fail than succeed. Says a ton About you as a person and a fan.

If he gets moved out so be it. But I won’t actively cheer for any Oilers to play worse and cost the team.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Might be time to call up Campbell... the career 92.0% playoff goalie vs Skinner... the career 87.9% playoff goalie.

Am I serious? Well maybe not 100%... but ya, might be getting to that point.

4.1% better is a huge spread. 18 playoff games for Campbell... 14 Games for Skinner... so similar sample size,

I don't know what Pickard is like under the pressure of playoff games because he's never played a playoff game... but ya... I think you seriously have to think about changing it up and throwing him in there if you don't want to call Campbell up.

Reactions: Pavel10

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Bad defense, worse goaltending. Achilles heel of this team. This was one of those nights where you were worried every time the Kings directed a puck towards the Oilers net. I’m not surprised Skinner wasn’t pulled tonight even though he was awful. Game 2 of the playoffs is too early to be messing with your goalies head, especially after you’ve won game 1 but, the leash has to get much shorter starting now. We saw last year that he couldn’t put back to back good games together in the playoffs. He stopped fighting after the second goal tonight, just like he was doing last year. That needs to be recognized by the coaching staff and dealt with. Knoblach can’t be afraid to start his other goalie when Skinner goes off the rails.
This is exaclty what cost the team last year. Campbell came in and saved this team against Vegas. Then... Nothing. Just keep running lotto 6.49 gaa skinner.

Coaches need to actually coach and make good decisions. Imo woodcroft should have been fired after that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I've said this all season and so many Skinner fans during the streak were all see see see how awesome Skinner is? No he has never been, the defensive system hid so many of his weaknesses.
How this is not even obvious is beyond me. Skinner gets 2 or less goal games when the team is giving up practically nothing. Talbot who is old and frankly not any good anymore made 5 stops in this game harder than anything Skinner stopped. Fact of the matter.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
skinner should sit game three - he hasn't been good enough, and maybe needs his status challenged - Pickard has shown no reason why he couldn't start and win a playoff game

Reactions: Kerberos

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I’ve been pretty steady in my stance this team needed a goalie in order to go deep and potentially win a cup. Keep in mind though that Skinner was never suppose to be the starter, he got tossed in this position because our shit GM signed an absolute turd to be the starter.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I mean go watch Boston play. Even 2 games ago, when they had Ullmark and lost, hes making some spectacular saves, and Swayman has been unreal. If Boston had Stu Boston would have lost 7-3 today. Stu doesnt save high danger chances, almost ever.
Which is why I’ve repeatedly said I want Picksrd to start game 3.

Still allowed to be unhappy about giving up breakaways because of complete brain farts in OT.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
And hopefully find a way to trade nurse…

Dare to dream :)

At least that is my dream

They're probably better off getting an upgrade on Ceci. It would be easier. Even if he's not a big problem

Reactions: TB12

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think you do, the jig is up with Skinner. All the Skinner defending, look back to the 06 run and see all of the highlite unreal saves Roloson made. That's what gets you to the finals. Skinner isn't going to provide that elite goaltending ever.

You go with Pickard and you hope like he'll he seizes the moment!
I understand that some guys are still in Stu's corner but if you wait to make a change until game 4 it might be too late. Picard had some strong showings this season. It certainly isn't clear that Skinner is the better goalie but that's not a dig at Stu but rather a nod towards Pickard.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
We're down vastly 5v5 through 2 games and we have last change. Knoblauch is in over his head.

Anyone who thinks that was a "lucky play" by the Kings in OT. Sure, why do you think Kopitar beats the offside trap? It was a set play. Forwards pinch and Nurse and Ceci always cede the blueline. Was it a guaranteed goal? No, but I guarantee you it was an intentional play by the Kings
Knob is definitely in over his head, easy to see when he plays skinner when resting all the players against the avs

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
We have been seeing this all year, a goal or 2 against, oilers fight back with pure offense. Crap shoot at the end

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
You’re the Shane Corson’s of fans. Imagine actually hoping your team loses just so your hate of a player can feel justified.

Trash.
Your posts in this thread are virtually what I said, but you choose to attack me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad