Post-Game Talk: OT Heartbreaker

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Holloway is going lets keep him on the fourth line after his 2nd goal make that make sense. Foegele gaffed the first goal and wasn't very impactful at all during the periods 2 or 3 so why would you not swap those players? I'd rather have Samsonov in the playoffs than Skinner at this point its pretty sad.
Knob loves Foegele- that’s why

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
To say you’ll never support a player is a clown take. Period.
He’s cost the team 2 years in a row by being unable to make any saves, I’m getting close to hoping he gets bought out and his nhl career fails.

He can’t even stop a slow shot from the point sliding along the ice

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Skinner has let in 10 goals in two games save for a lucky challenge he's actually statistically worse so far this post season than last like I don't even like Campbell but maybe he should be called up in case for game 4 cause I can realistically see Skinner giving this exact same performance game 3.

Reactions: elmeroil

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Skinner never makes the big saves other goalies make. I don't see us winning this series with him in net.

He craters in the playoffs. Not a big game goalie.
Yeah, this really is the truth. Whenever he looks good, its because the team is playing really well. He makes most of the stops that is expected of him, but almost never saves the high danger chances.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That’s a rough one.

Skinner had a not so good game.
He was awful. Only reason it went to OT was 5 goal Skinner.

Love the effort on the OT game winner. Hardly even moves his glove.

The whole role of a goalie is to make some stops. Kings had about 7 scoring chances in teh game and scored 5 and hit a post and missed 2 wide open nets. This ain't good.

The reason the Oilers can never get a series sweep is goaltending. Guaranteed to blow 1-2 games in a series on goaltending alone.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Yeah, Oilers didn't deserve to win tonight. They played too comfortable most of the game. Skinner and Nurse were the goats but they needed more from a lot of the players. Support cast actually showed up
I didn't think that RNH had a strong game either.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He’s cost the team 2 years in a row by being unable to make any saves, I’m getting close to hoping he gets bought out and his nhl career fails.

He can’t even stop a slow shot from the point sliding along the ice
Blame the idiot who signed Campbell. I don’t know why this doesn’t occur to you.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Skinner not good enough, Nurse and Ceci leave the Kings best player all alone in the center of the ice. The more things change, the more they stay the same. This team can't get out of its own way.
^^ This. ^^

I don't think Skinner deserves the hate he is getting - no one saves that OT goal.

The D needed to be better in O.T. - how was Kopitar left alone?

Edmonton in 6. If you'd won, tonight, it would have been Edmonton in 5.

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
I thought that Skinner was supposed to have learned from last years' experience, and would be better this year...

f*** me!

Reactions: Oilhawks

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Skinners time is done in Edmonton. Only a matter of time before he starts getting booed during games instead of Stuuu.

All the haters were right, he is a piece of shit and needs to be publicly flogged for costing us 2 f***ing cups!

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
No way you go with Pickard next game. If Stu drops game 3 then absolutely.
I think you do, the jig is up with Skinner. All the Skinner defending, look back to the 06 run and see all of the highlite unreal saves Roloson made. That's what gets you to the finals. Skinner isn't going to provide that elite goaltending ever.

You go with Pickard and you hope like he'll he seizes the moment!

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Skinner better sit next game. This game is on him.
This game is on the shit team defence, the oilers are consistently on the wrong side of the guy every time. They just hand chances to other teams.

I was hopeful that this team had learned from multiple past failures, apparently not.

The only hope is guys like Perry lay into the team and demand better and people listen.

Nurse can keep his ass back in our zone BTW. Always rushing up to the ice cream van with no money.

UHHHH SON

Sep 29, 2010
This is why I hate this place.

Second year guy, wasn’t good enough today, but to say you’ll never support him is an absolute clown take. Embarrassed for you.
Do you even watch other teams? Show examples of fragile goalies taking a team places.

He loses his fundamentals when he is rattled. It’s so clear. Why was Doughty chuckling after his goal?

Clown take? You’re as fragile as Skinner.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
I used to never blame the goalie and put it on bad defense more often than not, which is true, except when your goalie let's way over average chances against. Are they actually doing there job?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad