Proposal: OT: GMs needed for Mock Trade Deadline

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The Colorado Avalanche trade Shane Bowers, 2021 COL 3rd, and 2021 5th (*conditional) to the Philadelphia Flyers for Scott Laughton and Justin Braun.

* The condition on the 5th round pick is that Colorado reaches the SCF and Laughton plays 80% of playoff games.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
ARIZONA COYOTES TRADE:
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Jason Demers (50% retained) ($1,968,750)
Derick Brassard
Brayden Burke

:nashville

NASHVILLE PREDATORS TRADE:
2021 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Egor Afanasyev
Luke Prokop
Rocco Grimaldi

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The Canucks have traded D Ollie Juolevi + G Jake Kielly + a 2021 7th round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for D Robert Hagg + G Alex Lyon + a 2022 2nd round pick + a 2023 3rd round pick

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
ARIZONA COYOTES TRADE:
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Jason Demers (50% retained) ($1,968,750)
Derick Brassard
Brayden Burke

:nashville

NASHVILLE PREDATORS TRADE:
2021 1st Round Pick
2023 3rd Round Pick
Egor Afanasyev
Luke Prokop
Rocco Grimaldi
Wait...what?

Josi/Ellis/Ekholm/Fabbro/Ekman-Larsson...and we're trading a promising forward prospect and a 1st to do it. :huh:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
The Rackell/Manson one isnt great either. Manson looks cooked and Rackell is injured/hasn't scored like a top 6 guy for a few years. Suzuki is a good looking prospect imo ,then 2 high picks.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Rackell/Manson one isnt great either. Manson looks cooked and Rackell is injured/hasn't scored like a top 6 guy for a few years. Suzuki is a good looking prospect imo ,then 2 high picks.

I broke it down like this:

Manson for 1st + Keane

The Canes are looking for a specific type of defenseman of a certain handedness. If Manson's not the top pairing defensive compliment that he was in the past, it's not a big deal. He's not being acquired in this scenario for prime minutes. He should slot in as a regular 3rd pairing defenseman that moves up to the 2nd pairing with Skjei in defensive game situations, allowing Brind'Amour to shelter Hamilton (SlavinPesce as the 1st pairing). Gudbranson doesn't offer the same utility. Hakanpaa may not either. Savard does, but he's a rental. The ask there was 2 2nds. The Canes give up a late 1st instead of a late 2nd, but get the extra year of term.

Rakell (50%) for Suzuki + 2nd

If Rakell isn't close, this trade doesn't happen. Again, this is a rental+1. Not only that, the Ducks are retaining half. For a team going for it now, that's huge. You have to give to get the ~38 EV points per 82 he's paced for on some low offensive talent Ducks teams, with that contract. There isn't a lot out there otherwise. A pure rental Palmieri for a 2nd+2nd type value is not more appealing.

Overall, not cheap. It wasn't meant to be. I don't think it's excessive, though. At full health, I think they can compete with Tampa (w/Kucherov) and Colorado. That's what I was shooting for with that trade.

Niederreiter - Aho - Necas
Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen
Rakell - Trochek - Fast
McGinn - Paquette - Foegele
Martinook

Slavin - Hamilton
Skjei - Pesce
Bean - Manson
Fleury, Gardiner (taxi squad until the playoffs)

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I broke it down like this:

Manson for 1st + Keane

The Canes are looking for a specific type of defenseman of a certain handedness. If Manson's not the top pairing defensive compliment that he was in the past, it's not a big deal. He's not being acquired in this scenario for prime minutes. He should slot in as a regular 3rd pairing defenseman that moves up to the 2nd pairing with Skjei in defensive game situations, allowing Brind'Amour to shelter Hamilton (SlavinPesce as the 1st pairing). Gudbranson doesn't offer the same utility. Hakanpaa may not either. Savard does, but he's a rental. The ask there was 2 2nds. The Canes give up a late 1st instead of a late 2nd, but get the extra year of term.

Rakell (50%) for Suzuki + 2nd

If Rakell isn't close, this trade doesn't happen. Again, this is a rental+1. Not only that, the Ducks are retaining half. For a team going for it now, that's huge. You have to give to get the ~38 EV points per 82 he's paced for on some low offensive talent Ducks teams, with that contract. There isn't a lot out there otherwise. A pure rental Palmieri for a 2nd+2nd type value is not more appealing.

Overall, not cheap. It wasn't meant to be. I don't think it's excessive, though. At full health, I think they can compete with Tampa (w/Kucherov) and Colorado. That's what I was shooting for with that trade.

Niederreiter - Aho - Necas
Svechnikov - Staal - Teravainen
Rakell - Trochek - Fast
McGinn - Paquette - Foegele
Martinook

Slavin - Hamilton
Skjei - Pesce
Bean - Manson
Fleury, Gardiner (taxi squad until the playoffs)

Mrazek
Nedeljkovic
Interesting move, I honestly don’t mind the price because it does give u 3 reaaally solid o lines and d pairs. The issue for me is expansiom

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Interesting move, I honestly don’t mind the price because it does give u 3 reaaally solid o lines and d pairs. The issue for me is expansiom

7F: Svechnikov, Aho, Teravainen, Trocheck, Staal, Rakell and Niederreiter. Necas is exempt. Notable exposed forwards included Fast, Foegele and Geekie. Could easily swap Foegele and Niederreiter depending on what happens in the playoffs.
3D: Slavin, Pesce and Bean. This assumes Hamilton goes down to the wire. Notable exposed defensemen include Manson, Skjei and Fleury.
1G: Nedeljkovic

It doesn't change much with the situation. Carolina is going to lose something of value no matter what. However, Seattle can only take one player. If Manson is selected after being exposed, that means Skjei and Foegele can't be picked. That has value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad