OT: ANyone taken their dog to Country Kennels?

dashingsilverfox*

Just wondering if anyone has taken their dog to Country Kennels (by the airport/Leduc) boarding kneel, and how it was? My girlfriend and I have a date for them to be booked in, just want to make sure it's good. Thanks guys.

Took our dog there several times when we lived in Edmonton. No problems at all and good people.

MerryJ99

Aug 13, 2006
Edmonton
We take our dogs to Parkland Kennels out by Spruce Grove and would never take them anywhere else. We have two Labs and they get an indoor outdoor run as well as time outside with an outdoor exercise run. The dogs come back home better behaved than when they leave. It is fairly reasonable.

You just want to make sure that they take the dogs out for a hour about 3 times a day and that they will feed at your feeding times. You also should be able to go out and look at the kennel to see where they will be housed.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We took our dog there many times and we had no problems whatsoever. We were impressed by how there was a lot of room for the dogs to run around and the people were pretty friendly too.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I have heard it is a good kennel. If you decide to go there, make sure you try the Vietamese restaurant accross the road. Fresh food and the best prices in the city.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
We take our dogs to Parkland Kennels out by Spruce Grove and would never take them anywhere else. We have two Labs and they get an indoor outdoor run as well as time outside with an outdoor exercise run. The dogs come back home better behaved than when they leave. It is fairly reasonable.

You just want to make sure that they take the dogs out for a hour about 3 times a day and that they will feed at your feeding times. You also should be able to go out and look at the kennel to see where they will be housed.

+1, we usually take our Golden Retriever out there, great place.

McDirt McGirt

Я люблю водку
Dec 18, 2008
The Cube
I've also heard good things about that kennel.....I took my dogs to parkland kennels for puppy school and all the staff there were really friendly and knew what they were doing.

Reimer

Tambo Troll Face
Jan 19, 2006
I have taken my dogs there many times too. Great palce, you have nothing to worry about.

ed hepner

Jan 24, 2014
Just wondering if anyone has taken their dog to Country Kennels (by the airport/Leduc) boarding kneel, and how it was? My girlfriend and I have a date for them to be booked in, just want to make sure it's good. Thanks guys.

My freind ,Jeff Forbes took his dog to this kennel. When he returned to pick up his dog, he was told they had adopted it out after neutering it. Then ,when news press got involved, they told one network they had no idea where the dog was, and another that the dog was safe and happy with it's new owners. **** beware***. It's been all over network news stations in the Edmonton area,as well as as far away as Sweden on FB. Still refusing to give the dogs location to the owner, they have been constantly asking him to take down his posts on FB and other sites because they are concerned that people will find out what happens to CKC registered pets that go through their shelter

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If that was my dog I would burn that place to the ground (only after I got all the dogs out of there) Its to bad police can't get involved and charge the owner, peoples dogs are like family.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
My freind ,Jeff Forbes took his dog to this kennel. When he returned to pick up his dog, he was told they had adopted it out after neutering it. Then ,when news press got involved, they told one network they had no idea where the dog was, and another that the dog was safe and happy with it's new owners. **** beware***. It's been all over network news stations in the Edmonton area,as well as as far away as Sweden on FB. Still refusing to give the dogs location to the owner, they have been constantly asking him to take down his posts on FB and other sites because they are concerned that people will find out what happens to CKC registered pets that go through their shelter

Welcome to the boards. I hope you find the game of hockey as enjoyable as I have found your punctuation and grammar.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009

This is the same guy who dumped his dog at the kennel, didn't pay, and disappeared for several months without a contact number?

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

Here's the other, more believable, side of the story.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/owner+claims+Leduc+kennel+gave+away/9414080/story.html

Bumping a 4.5 year-old thread with your first post in order to defame a dog kennel. Good start, bud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad