Injury Report: Oshie out week to week and Eller out day to day (Paul Carey recalled)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
No Tex, you won the internets with that awesome retort :laugh:

I will be thrilled to no end to know it was not a concussion, but don't find solace in your analysis. With a hit that violent, and nothing visible to point to otherwise, it cannot be ruled out just yet.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No Tex, you won the internets with that awesome retort :laugh:

I will be thrilled to no end to know it was not a concussion, but don't find solace in your analysis. With a hit that violent, and nothing visible to point to otherwise, it cannot be ruled out just yet.

argue with me if you want to. you want to. but you did see him sag on the ice when he tried to take a breath. You did see him walk to the dressing room holding in his left side. Now, I am not a doctor(HAHA)but when I bash my head and cant get my balance, it doesn't hurt to breath.

and....like I said, concussion recovery is an unknown process of an indefinite lenth of time. To immediately say week to week means they know what the recovery time is.

Recall last season when Backstrom was concussed. It was upper body, day to day.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
argue with me if you want to. you want to. but you did see him sag on the ice when he tried to take a breath. You did see him walk to the dressing room holding in his left side. Now, I am not a doctor(HAHA)but when I bash my head and cant get my balance, it doesn't hurt to breath.

and....like I said, concussion recovery is an unknown process of an indefinite lenth of time. To immediately say week to week means they know what the recovery time is.

Recall last season when Backstrom was concussed. It was upper body, day to day.

I wouldn't sweat it. That's RH's move to call people out when they speculate on injuries. Not sure why. That's what this site is for. Wild ass speculation.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I missed him holding his side going to the dressing room. I actually saw him going down the tunnel, and didn't notice it. Regardless, a concussion cannot be ruled out. Didn't Oshie suffer one late last year?

@Hog I actually don't mind discussions on injuries, which seems largely frowned upon. Regardless, Tex remains our resident doctor.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Regardless, a concussion cannot be ruled out. Didn't Oshie suffer one late last year?

Don't recall Oshie suffering a concussion? Orpik did during the playoffs, and Oshie was out for about a week with some ailment (with Mojo at 1RW), but stayed pretty healthy last year.

I think Carey played wing

Correct - scored his first NHL goal playing with Laich and Latta. Nice to see he's been given better linemates this time around...

Our centers last year were Backstrom and Kuzy throughout, with Burakovsky (2C while Nicky was out), Mojo, Beagle, Richards, Latta, Laich and Sill making apppearances at center at different times.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Don't recall Oshie suffering a concussion...

As per usual, we had to speculate. Jog the leaking memory bank.

I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought he had pretty obviously "got his bell rung" in the Pens? series on a hit down in the LW corner. Anyone else remember something, if even a vague memory?

He played very physical all playoffs, including a big fight. I think he has quickly become our most consistently physical player. Coupled with his high skill - he has become a fav of mine. Heck look at the monster hit he threw in which he got injured. The guy brings it. The odd injury is inevitable.

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
As per usual, we had to speculate. Jog the leaking memory bank.

I may not be remembering correctly, but I thought he had pretty obviously "got his bell rung" in the Pens? series on a hit down in the LW corner. Anyone else remember something, if even a vague memory?

He played very physical all playoffs, including a big fight. I think he has quickly become our most consistently physical player. Coupled with his high skill - he has become a fav of mine. Heck look at the monster hit he threw in which he got injured. The guy brings it. The odd injury is inevitable.

You sure you don't mean the Philly -series and that hit which got Brayden Schenn suspended that carried over through the start of this regular season? That was high headshot on Oshie.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
You sure you don't mean the Philly -series and that hit which got Brayden Schenn suspended that carried over through the start of this regular season? That was high headshot on Oshie.

Yep, that was the one. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad