Oshawa Generals 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I am asuming that with the drafting of two Euros that Gruber (a disappointment) and Parfenyuk are both history, if both report?
They had to drop Gruber to make two picks but I don’t think either one of the new guys is guaranteed to report.

Howdy777

Jun 29, 2023
I am asuming that with the drafting of two Euros that Gruber (a disappointment) and Parfenyuk are both history, if both report?
Gruber has been cut and Parfenyuk went home to Belarus and joined the military as part of the mandatory 18 months of service

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
Rasmus Kumpulainen talking to the Minnesota press today mentions that he thinks he will be in Oshawa this season but it's not 100%

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
Posted today 07/13/23 on HC Dinamo Minsk website

Two hockey players signed trial contracts​

Forward Vladislav Shilo (2003) played in the WHL last season for the Prince Albert Raiders and the Winnipeg Ice. Total: 85 matches, 34 (15+19) points. Before that, he played in U17 and U18 in the championships of Belarus.

Guard Nikita Parfeniuk (2003) spent a season in the OHL with Oshawa. In 56 matches he scored 10 (3+7) points. He also played in the Belarusian Championship for Junior, Yunost, U17, U18.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Welcome back it was very lonely here all summer.
Yeah, I took a 6 month summer break but Im back. Hockey is round the corner.

I really like what the Gens have done this offseason with the draft, import draft and getting our 3rd OA.

We definitely got bigger in size which I always thought Gens needed help with the last few years.

I see this team finishing middle of the pack this year as they prep for a big run in the 24-25 season.

I think they finish between 4th-6th depending how their first half goes. If they start hot, they may mildly buy, if they start slow, they soft sell. I dont see this team making BIG swings either way.

Glad to be back

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Glad to see you back Hush10. This thread has been languishing at or near the bottom snce the season was over. We need to kickstart it it and getting it active again. BTW, I agree with your evaluations as presented above.

Reactions: HUSH10

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Lets get some conversation going.

Who has letter on their Jersey this year.

My guess:
Ritchie (C)
Stewart (A)
Rolofs (A)
Sennecke or Roobroeck as 3rd (A) but I lean towards Sennecke.

Thoughts?

GenerallyAllBusiness

Apr 7, 2019
Potential forward line combos with current players?

Calum Ritchie R
Rasmus Kumpulainen L
Nikita Tarasevich R

Stuart Rolofs L
Dylan Roobroeck L
Beckett Sennecke R

Jordyn Ertel L
Luke Torrance L
Ryder McIntyre R

Matthew Buckley R
Tyler Graham L
Owen Griffin R

4th line depth
Ty Petrou L
Ethan Toms L

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I can't see Petrou or Toms making the Gennies this year. Vasily Serov. their 9th round pick has signed and brings good size, The fact they signed him means they must see potential in him. Even Tyler Graham could be at risk.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I can't see Petrou or Toms making the Gennies this year. Vasily Serov. their 9th round pick has signed and brings good size, The fact they signed him means they must see potential in him. Even Tyler Graham could be at risk.

they must not be very good at drafting if their 2nd and 4th round picks last year are about to be cut? i dont see that. there are older guys that are very average players on the roster imo.

serov had less then half a point a game in the gthl and isnt very quick, what makes you think hes ready?

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Don't know anything about Serov but I can't remember the Gens signing a 9th rounder in recent memory. Re the others, I just look at their age and point totals from last year. Petrou is an 04

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Don't know anything about Serov but I can't remember the Gens signing a 9th rounder in recent memory. Re the others, I just look at their age and point totals from last year. Petrou is an 04
just be careful with expectations, we was a 9th round pick for a reason, maybe hes a bit better then torrence but its not like he was a top 2 round guy that fell

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Did not complete previous reply above. To finish, ...Petrou was 3 -6 and a -29. Toms only played a dozen games or so with 1 point and Graham was 2-3 and a -17. I think they could get equivalent or better production out of the new players even though the latter 2 are 06s. Just a thought.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Did not complete previous reply above. To finish, ...Petrou was 3 -6 and a -29. Toms only played a dozen games or so with 1 point and Graham was 2-3 and a -17. I think they could get equivalent or better production out of the new players even though the latter 2 are 06s. Just a thought.
petrou is an 04, cut him it makes sene. the 06? he was just drafted in the top 40 of last years draft, he may have been the worst pick in the draft if he gets cut after one year. you build teams off of top 40 and 60 picks, if you have to cut them already thats a very bad sign for scouting in oshawa.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Did not know that? He is another I thought about adding to my list above for his lack of production, but being a '95, Ieft him off. More room for 'fresh blood'.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
petrou is an 04, cut him it makes sene. the 06? he was just drafted in the top 40 of last years draft, he may have been the worst pick in the draft if he gets cut after one year. you build teams off of top 40 and 60 picks, if you have to cut them already thats a very bad sign for scouting in oshawa.
Not sure why Oshawa scouting is getting the bad rap here. Ty Petrou was drafted by Flint in 2020 not Oshawa. With limited ice due to injuries he was used in a defensive role most of the time.

Invited to Guelphs training camp
How does this work? Can we loan him to Guelph for a look see or do we have to release him before he can attend?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Not sure why Oshawa scouting is getting the bad rap here. Ty Petrou was drafted by Flint in 2020 not Oshawa. With limited ice due to injuries he was used in a defensive role most of the time.

How does this work? Can we loan him to Guelph for a look see or do we have to release him before he can attend?
im talking about graham. poster above suggested he could be on the outs, if that’s that case it’s a bad pic, but I’d be shocked if they cut him

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019

Ertel was cut as far as I am aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad