Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
According to the IceDog site he did not say that and you know all goals are reviewed upstairs if something was wrong they would phone the penalty box even if the refs did not ask for a review and the Gens still only scored one goal and had eleven power plays . Tuesday I say 5 to 2 Dogs.

I can show you the video of him saying that, and that's also not true. In the OHL they don't review the goals unless it's offside. So I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but everything in that post you just put was wrong

*here's Ed saying it was goalie interference*

*here's your reporters saying that goalie interference calls can't be reviewed in the OHL*

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Goalie interference or no goalie interference Generals lost the game because they can't score on there 11 PP chances. and Niagara's 4th line is better than our 2nd, all will be forgiven when the Gen's win Tuesday & Thursday :thumbu:

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Goalie interference or no goalie interference Generals lost the game because they can't score on there 11 PP chances. and Niagara's 4th line is better than our 2nd, all will be forgiven when the Gen's win Tuesday & Thursday :thumbu:
They will have to turn it around 100% I think the games in Oshawa will be split,

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Lets hope, I think we needed to get 4th place as the Gen's are not that good a road team, we could win every home games but still have to win 1 game in Niagara, I was kinda hoping for a split this past weekend oh well didn't happen so we have to win Tuesday and defiantly Thursday. GO Gens Go :thumbu:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Lets hope, I think we needed to get 4th place as the Gen's are not that good a road team, we could win every home games but still have to win 1 game in Niagara, I was kinda hoping for a split this past weekend oh well didn't happen so we have to win Tuesday and defiantly Thursday. GO Gens Go :thumbu:

At the end of the day, Niagara bought at the deadline while the Gens sold at the deadline and NIA's a better team because of it. If the Gens hadve kept Stillman and badly overpayed for Miletic, would it be 2-0 Gens? Probably. Am I glad Roger Hunt didn't do that? 100%.

Both of these teams aren't winning anything more than 1 round this year. But the Gens added 2 2nds+3rd for next year and Niagara burned 3 2nds on a guy who won't be back. If 3 2nds is worth winning 1 round, then I guess they'll be happy. It'll suck this series, but next year when the Gens and Niagara are fighting for the top of the Eastern Conference and the Gens can outbid Niagara on every trade, that's when Hunt being smart and Burke not knowing what his window is will really pay off

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
For not making top player trades to position us higher in the standings we did okay but just imagine if our PP was better would be alot higher in the standings. Alot of things can happen between now and next season.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
For not making top player trades to position us higher in the standings we did okay but just imagine if our PP was better would be alot higher in the standings. Alot of things can happen between now and next season.

We will always wonder how certain things would have gone differently if Bob Jones was there all year too

Reactions: Naz

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
We will always wonder how certain things would have gone differently if Bob Jones was there all year too
That is what I was thinking also, what if coach Jones was here the whole year, we started playing better soon as Hunt went behind the bench I wish that move could of come sooner as the 2 assistants were not ready yet to coach the team( they maybe good coaches with some experience down the road )
GO GENS GO

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
The Niagara commentators are some of the most biased in the league (especially Ed), and even he was like "wow those were both clearly goalie interference and the refs missed them"

You wrote, “The Niagara commentators are some of the most biased in the league (especially Ed), and even he was like "wow those were both clearly goalie interference and the refs missed them".

Can you please pull the clip when Ed Burkholder said that “both goals were clearly goalie interference”?

Without that audio or video clip, you are creating ZERO credibility for yourself when you post inaccurate and misleading information!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
You wrote, “The Niagara commentators are some of the most biased in the league (especially Ed), and even he was like "wow those were both clearly goalie interference and the refs missed them".

Can you please pull the clip when Ed Burkholder said that “both goals were clearly goalie interference”?

Without that audio or video clip, you are creating ZERO credibility for yourself when you post inaccurate and misleading information!

I literally posted the clip of Ed saying it was goalie interference in the post that you quoted lol..... The first goal the one commentator said it was GI, the 2nd goal Ed said it. I'm not going back and clipping the other one because some random Niagara fan told me to, but you can watch the clip I already posted with Ed saying it about the 2nd goal if you'd like

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I literally posted the clip of Ed saying it was goalie interference in the post that you quoted lol..... The first goal the one commentator said it was GI, the 2nd goal Ed said it. I'm not going back and clipping the other one because some random Niagara fan told me to, but you can watch the clip I already posted with Ed saying it about the 2nd goal if you'd like

Let me tell you why you won’t pull that clip off because it doesn’t exist. If it did you, would have that up asap.

Steve Clark NEVER said that the 3rd goal was goaltender interference and Ed Burkholder NEVER said, “wow, both goals were clearly goalie interference”.

If you are going to make those claims then you better be able to back up those claims, otherwise, you lose all credibility!

FYI. Here is a picture of the 4th Niagara goal. Puck (blurred) is in the net, Phillips well outside the crease no contact. The end!

g4.jpeg

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Let me tell you why you won’t pull that clip off because it doesn’t exist. If it did you, would have that up asap.

Steve Clark NEVER said that the 3rd goal was goaltender interference and Ed Burkholder NEVER said, “wow, both goals were clearly goalie interference”.

If you are going to make those claims then you better be able to back up those claims, otherwise, you lose all credibility!

FYI. Here is a picture of the 4th Niagara goal. Puck (blurred) is in the net, Phillips well outside the crease no contact. The end!

View attachment 108499

Oh no, I have no credibility to "Sam" who has 3 hfboards posts, how will I ever survive? :help::help::help:

Direct quotes:
Steve: "Ed, there's a little bit of contact"
Ed: "There is. From that angle that tells a different story for sure" (because he was saying no GI until seeing that angle)

But side note: who cares????? It's like 5 days later and your team got the benefit of the non-call and now you're going fight that the audio I clipped wasn't real because you have a still-picture? Lol c'mon man get a grip. You making an hfboards account to post a still picture of after the NIA forward takes his stick out of Keyser's pad as some sort of proof that the commentator didn't say it was GI is laugh out loud funny. Anyways, I'm muting you because I don't think you have the ability to make me laugh again. I'll let you go out on top :laugh:

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
The NHL, (?? some of the supposed smartest minds in hockey??) can't figure out a consensus on goalie interference but you two keyboard warriors are gonna. Let it go and move on with your life, game is over.
It is disgusting how leagues are so hungry for goals that they will sacrifice the health and safety of some of the most specialized athletes on the ice. Unfortunately it will take a multi-millionaire goaltender in the NHL to be seriously injured before this gets rectified.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
The NHL, (?? some of the supposed smartest minds in hockey??) can't figure out a consensus on goalie interference but you two keyboard warriors are gonna. Let it go and move on with your life, game is over.
It is disgusting how leagues are so hungry for goals that they will sacrifice the health and safety of some of the most specialized athletes on the ice. Unfortunately it will take a multi-millionaire goaltender in the NHL to be seriously injured before this gets rectified.

What's that saying about pots and kettles....? :huh:

Reactions: Generalsupdates

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
What's that saying about pots and kettles....? :huh:
Difference is I am not arguing without some anominious poster whether a goal from two days ago was interference or not. Let me say it simpler for you....if the NHL can't figure it out....I don't think either of you two, nor me, can....just saying.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Difference is I am not arguing without some anominious poster whether a goal from two days ago was interference or not. Let me say it simpler for you....if the NHL can't figure it out....I don't think either of you two, nor me, can....just saying.

No, instead you just jumped into a conversation between 2 anonymous posters about a goal from two days ago that had absolutely nothing to do with you haha. Anyways, it's getting a little late for this. Goodnight everyone :D

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Direct quotes:
Steve: "Ed, there's a little bit of contact"
Ed: "There is. From that angle that tells a different story for sure" (because he was saying no GI until seeing that angle)

Wow, just wow! So that is ALL you could find?

Nothing to prove this statement inaccurate? “Steve Clark NEVER said that the 3rd goal was goaltender interference and Ed Burkholder NEVER said, “wow, both goals were clearly goalie interference”.

The point being GU, is not whether these goals were GI or not, who cares now anyways. Most importantly, it’s become abundantly clear that you post or tweet lies that you pass on as facts.

Last edited:

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Generals Update: “MacPherson wants absolutely no part of Serron Noel”.

Can you post the video of that?

In this still, Noels’ gloves are off and he’s throwing a bare-fisted punch at MacPherson. Do you know the OHL rule for that?

NHL Rule: 46.11, penalizes players for throwing off his gloves way before the other player, throwing the first punch. Rule 46.14 states that a player receives a five (5) minute major penalty as a result, also, a player shall receive a game misconduct, if he is deemed to be the aggressor.

SN 1.jpeg

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Generals Update: “MacPherson wants absolutely no part of Serron Noel”.

Can you post the video of that?

In this still, Noels’ gloves are off and he’s throwing a bare-fisted punch at MacPherson. Do you know the OHL rule for that?

NHL Rule: 46.11, penalizes players for throwing off his gloves way before the other player, throwing the first punch. Rule 46.14 states that a player receives a five (5) minute major penalty as a result, also, a player shall receive a game misconduct, if he is deemed to be the aggressor.

View attachment 108579
WOW your 5 post and you post this,lose your 1st posts so I guess you try till you get it right, well there should of been a penalty on that BUT THERE WASN'T :laugh:

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
lose your 1st posts so I guess you try till you get it right

Did I miss the video clip for answer to post 1: "wow those were both clearly goalie interference and the refs missed them".

If I did, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad