Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Talking to myself here! In the reformatted Draft Pick Database thread, there is mention of this problem and some confusion as to whether that pick was moved to London and subsequently to Saginaw which is where it is currently showing. Confusing? Where does that pick actually belong?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Jaycro: What I did was look at every Gens trade since the Desrocher deal to see if they turned around and dealt the pick in a separate trade. They didn't so I feel the Gens still own that pick.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Its just his own personal final rankings, but Bob McKenzie has Tolvanen going to the Leafs at #17. I would be thrilled if he was available at that spot. Good for the Leafs and could help the Gens out big. I'm sure Toronto wouldn't mind if he was playing just down the 401

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Its just his own personal final rankings, but Bob McKenzie has Tolvanen going to the Leafs at #17. I would be thrilled if he was available at that spot. Good for the Leafs and could help the Gens out big. I'm sure Toronto wouldn't mind if he was playing just down the 401

Don't hold your breath on Tolvanen reporting if he is drafted by the leafs or anyone else he is committed for NCAA. The Gens have an goalie Jason Woll that they were high on they drafted him but had commitments to NCAA and was a draft was drafted by the leafs I think it was the last years draft and being drafted by them didn't mattered he still went to NCAA route. We will find out June 27th as that is the CHL euro draft.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Don't hold your breath on Tolvanen reporting if he is drafted by the leafs or anyone else he is committed for NCAA. The Gens have an goalie Jason Woll that they were high on they drafted him but had commitments to NCAA and was a draft was drafted by the leafs I think it was the last years draft and being drafted by them didn't mattered he still went to NCAA route. We will find out June 27th as that is the CHL euro draft.

Woll would be a great addition, but I think the Leafs are on to something by having him stay the NCAA route. Aside from Murray and Gibson, not many former OHL goalies are stealing the spotlight right now. The Leafs have been pretty good at getting their skaters to come over (Bracco and Piccinich). Also looks good that both came to the OHL and won Memorial Cups. Again, the Leafs might not even take Tolvanen. The Gens have just been quiet lately, so it would be nice to get some news going.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I was thinking the same thing that the Gens are awful quiet as of late sign there 1st 2 draft picks earlier and that was it, well there will be some Gens news @ the Euro draft June 27th of some sorts.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
In reference to an earlier post (#23) and subsequent related posts in this thread, the Gens either don't have an answer to this pick's validity or don't care to shed any light on it.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I asked Roger what the status of that pick was. He said he knew he had Missy's 2nd. End of story!! I cannot find a trail for that pick to London. I know they sent it to Saginaw for Rosloski which is where it appears to reside now. I am confused!

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
I asked Roger what the status of that pick was. He said he knew he had Missy's 2nd. End of story!! I cannot find a trail for that pick to London. I know they sent it to Saginaw for Rosloski which is where it appears to reside now. I am confused!

I don't know how London got it but the trade for Roslovic was conditional and since he didn't come it comes back to London.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Based on the information by USHR Oshawa Generals 2016 import draft selection Eeli Tolvanen didn't pass Boston college's admissions.
It possible now Tolvanen reports to Generals.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
I just saw that also Eeli Tolvanen got the from BC, so there is a good chance that he'll suit up for the Generals

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I just saw that also Eeli Tolvanen got the from BC, so there is a good chance that he'll suit up for the Generals

Don't get too excited yet.
Tolvanen can still go to other NCAA team or return to Finland and play men's games in SM liiga ( Finnish Elite League).

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Don't get too excited yet.
Tolvanen can still go to other NCAA team or return to Finland and play men's games in SM liiga ( Finnish Elite League).

We should get a better idea tomorrow after we see who drafts him. I doubt he goes to another school. My guess would be between SM liiga/AHL/OHL. He'll for sure get playing time if he comes to Oshawa. SM and AHL are both good options, but you would want to make sure he's playing and contributing. There are some guys who could jump into pro leagues right away. The fact that Tolvanen was once ranked top 5 and is now not even top 10, makes me think he would be better suited for a year in the OHL first.

Last edited:

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Eamons... the Kg. 2018, 2nd went for Roslovic in June 06/16 as conditional but was then used as a part of the Mitchell Stephens from Sag.to London trade at the '17 deadline. What we can't figure out is how and where London got it in the first place? Can anyone from London clarify?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Seems to be general consensus ( no pun intended ) that Tolvanen will be a General if not in the AHL.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Seems to be general consensus ( no pun intended ) that Tolvanen will be a General if not in the AHL.

I've heard the opposite. Sounds like he's not at all interested in going the CHL route. He'll only come if Nashville tells him to and then were getting a guy who's not fully committed to playing for the team. Here's hoping the Gens can score big with their pick tomorrow.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Tolvanen
Commits to University, doesn't graduate high school... Wants to avoid best junior hockey league in the world. I have questions ������

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Gens take Swiss defensemen Nico Gross in the import draft. 17 years old and plays for the Swiss at the WJC last year. Sounds like some teams in Sweden have interest in him as well.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Do you think he will be making more than $55 a week?

One thing that the OHL should promote is that players learn how to "budget". This will be helpful for the majority of players who play less than 5 years of pro hockey and end up in "regular" jobs. OK, Tolvanen may not fit into that group, but 90% do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad