Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
You're right, I thought Niagara was at 77 points for some reason but they're at 76

Btw, Tullio with another 2 goals against London Jr. Knights and had 12 shots on net. He's dominating the best teams in the province at the OHL Cup so far and 2nd in the tournament in scoring (he's tied with Quinton Byfield). Perfetti in round 1 and Tullio in round 2 wouldn't be so bad.....
I Think Tullio will be gone by the second round.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The Gens are officially the 5 seed and playing the 4 Niagara in round 1

Also officially picking 11th in the OHL draft

Ps, how does the broadcast not get Brewer knocking out Bobby Dow with 1 punch..... They were late to the fight and it lasted about 1 second. 1 punch, 1 fight win in Brewer's OHL career lol

Last edited:

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
The Gens are officially the 5 seed and playing the 4 Niagara in round 1

Also officially picking 11th in the OHL draft

Ps, how does the broadcast not get Brewer knocking out Bobby Dow with 1 punch..... They were late to the fight and it lasted about 1 second. 1 punch, 1 fight win in Brewer's OHL career lol
i missed the game what was the score?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
i missed the game what was the score?

The Gens record against the Petes since 2010 is 54-11-6 lol

But the Petes finally win a game that literally means absolutely nothing for both teams and you're going to start chirping...? :laugh: Get the golf clubs out

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Really hoping that Niagara uses Dhillon as their starting goalie in this 1st round series. Incze has been way better than him this year but I have a feeling they're going to give it to the older guy. That would give the Gens a big advantage in net

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Auctually the current franchise has 3 Mem cups not 5. Nice try though.

The current franchise has 5. They were the Oshawa Generals from 1937 to 1953 then no team from 1953-1962 because a fire wiped out the arena so they had nowhere to play, then returned as the same team in 1962 and have been that way until the present. So the 1939, 1940, 1944, 1990, & 2015 Memorial Cup championships were all won by the Oshawa Generals.

Glad I could help you with a little history lesson. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Cole Perfetti was the best player on the ice tonight in the Vaughan/York-Simcoe OHL Cup semi-final game (York-Simcoe has Byfield/Vierling who are projected by many to go 1st and 3rd overall). Don't know if that's good news for the Gens or not though. I think it's pretty clear he'd go top 3 if he was coming to the OHL, but since the Gens are picking 11th, are 10 teams really going to pass on him for him to fall at 11? You'd think at least someone will take a shot at him and think they can convince him to come even though the rumours are he'd only report to Oshawa/London

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Really hoping that Niagara uses Dhillon as their starting goalie in this 1st round series. Incze has been way better than him this year but I have a feeling they're going to give it to the older guy. That would give the Gens a big advantage in net
Dhillion is back playing like his old self.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
The current franchise has 5. They were the Oshawa Generals from 1937 to 1953 then no team from 1953-1962 because a fire wiped out the arena so they had nowhere to play, then returned as the same team in 1962 and have been that way until the present. So the 1939, 1940, 1944, 1990, & 2015 Memorial Cup championships were all won by the Oshawa Generals.

Glad I could help you with a little history lesson. [mod]

I found it [mod]. Oshawa lost their team for 10 years and got a team back in 62. If it was the same team then Oshawa would currently be the longest running franchise in the OHL but I'm very sad to inform you that it isn't the case and you may check with the OHL if you'd like. The City of Oshawa has a total of 5 cups but they're between two different Generals teams and the CURRENT team only has three.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I found it [mod]. Oshawa lost their team for 10 years and got a team back in 62. If it was the same team then Oshawa would currently be the longest running franchise in the OHL but I'm very sad to inform you that it isn't the case and you may check with the OHL if you'd like. The City of Oshawa has a total of 5 cups but they're between two different Generals teams and the CURRENT team only has three.

You're the one who came onto our thread trying to pick a fight, and now you're getting all upset that people responded to you, when you were clearly wrong?

I really don't understand how you don't get this.... The Gens arent the longest running franchise because they didn't have a team for 10 years because of the fire. Then they returned as the same Oshawa Generals team that they were 10 years prior. So are they the longest running franchise? No they took 10 years off without a team. Were all 5 championships won by the same franchise, the Oshawa Generals? Yes

If the Toronto Maple Leafs decide they're not going to have a team for 10 years and then in 2028 they return as the Toronto Maple Leafs, in the same league they were in before, do they restart at 0 Cups? No, they're the same team in the same league so they'd still have 13 Cups because it's the same franchise

Reactions: PEPSIHEAD

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
You're the one who came onto our thread trying to pick a fight, and now you're getting all upset that people responded to you, when you were clearly wrong?

I really don't understand how you don't get this.... The Gens arent the longest running franchise because they didn't have a team for 10 years because of the fire. Then they returned as the same Oshawa Generals team that they were 10 years prior. So are they the longest running franchise? No they took 10 years off without a team. Were all 5 championships won by the same franchise, the Oshawa Generals? Yes

If the Toronto Maple Leafs decide they're not going to have a team for 10 years and then in 2028 they return as the Toronto Maple Leafs, in the same league they were in before, do they restart at 0 Cups? No, they're the same team in the same league so they'd still have 13 Cups because it's the same franchise

Just because they started another team with the same name doesn't mean they are the same team. Its not like they took a year off and came back. They team turned into the Oshawa Truckmen and then the Whitby Dunlops. If the Whitby Dunlops came back to Oshawa and became the Generals again then you would be correct but the team in 62 was a new team called the Generals. So technically they are two different teams called the Generals.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Just because they started another team with the same name doesn't mean they are the same team. Its not like they took a year off and came back. They team turned into the Oshawa Truckmen and then the Whitby Dunlops. If the Whitby Dunlops came back to Oshawa and became the Generals again then you would be correct but the team in 62 was a new team called the Generals. So technically they are two different teams called the Generals.

The old team was the Generals, the new team is the Generals, both in Oshawa, both in the same league. Your calling me arrogant for saying that's the same team.....? Just stop wasting both of our time with this conversation lol. You came flying into a different team's board and clearly were wrong and now you've decided this is the hill you're willing to die on. Move on

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
4aE8nYv.jpg

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Anyways, back to the Gens.

I'd rest Studnicka/Commisso/Brassard/Keyser and put in Resnick/Hewitson/Rupoli/Peccia for them. Anyone thinking they should do it a different way?

I'd assume Ceci gets the start just at an attempt to keep him sharp in case he's needed to come in for the playoffs at any point. The game means nothing for both Oshawa or Sudbury now though, they've already clinched the 1st overall pick

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Anyways, back to the Gens.

I'd rest Studnicka/Commisso/Brassard/Keyser and put in Resnick/Hewitson/Rupoli/Peccia for them. Anyone thinking they should do it a different way?

I'd assume Ceci gets the start just at an attempt to keep him sharp in case he's needed to come in for the playoffs at any point. The game means nothing for both Oshawa or Sudbury now though, they've already clinched the 1st overall pick
Wait you’re talking about resting Studnika. But he isn’t the real Studnika he took a rest for 10 years and now it’s another Studnika. Therefore no Studnika hahaha sorry got nothing lol

Reactions: Generalsupdates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad