Player Discussion Oscar Lindberg

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Well he was on the black aces, so hes been recalled.

He traveled with the team to Montreal.

If Stepan cant play, its going to be either Lindberg or Fast that play.

Highly unlikely Lindberg plays.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Interesting... With Stepan out, the team only has one RH shot up front in Dorsett... so Fast makes sense, but the slot that's open on the roster is 4th line LW.

Does Fast get asked to play his off wing in a critical game or Lindberg play?

Either way I don't think they see more than 6-8 sheltered minutes.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
These are the guys who have all been with the Rangers since Hartford's season came to an end.

Goal--David LeNeveu
Defense--Conor Allen, Dylan McIlrath, Tommy Hughes, Danny Syvret
Forwards--Oscar Lindberg, Ryan Bourque, Danny Kristo, Darroll Powe

Miller and Fast were already with the team and both have played.

There is also Diaz and Falk.

Ryan Haggerty I believe is not eligible to play.

BarbaraAlphanse

The more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that Lindberg would get the nod over Fast.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
When was the last time he played in a competitive game? Miller and Fast haven't played much but at least they've played. Coming into your first nhl game after not having played in over month is certainly less than ideal.

BarbaraAlphanse

When was the last time he played in a competitive game? Miller and Fast haven't played much but at least they've played. Coming into your first nhl game after not having played in over month is certainly less than ideal.

Definitely less than ideal, but I think it would be necessary.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Call me crazy but I'd like to see him play. He's touted as good defensively right? Can't hurt to give him a shot on 4th line with sheltered minutes.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
These are the guys who have all been with the Rangers since Hartford's season came to an end.

Goal--David LeNeveu

Miller and Fast were already with the team and both have played.

There is also Diaz and Falk.

Ryan Haggerty I believe is not eligible to play.

I think Haggerty could play but for some reason he couldn't play in the AHL.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
It's not like Lindberg is an 18 year old coming out of juniors. He's 22, has 4 full SHL professional seasons under his belt which included 4 extended playoff runs (10+ games), and just finished a whole year in the AHL.

If Stepan can't go the Rangers need a center. I would have no qualms putting him in. He was the Swedish league playoff MVP last season.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
It's not like Lindberg is an 18 year old coming out of juniors. He's 22, has 4 full SHL professional seasons under his belt which included 4 extended playoff runs (10+ games), and just finished a whole year in the AHL.

If Stepan can't go the Rangers need a center. I would have no qualms putting him in. He was the Swedish league playoff MVP last season.

Swedish league players who blossom late are of little impact to the Rangers since 2006.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010

He's a "winner." Tokarski has done pretty well regardless of the little experience.

Zuccarello and Lundqvist were both studs in the SEL... Not that he would have that type of impact.

Didn't he out produce Fast in that league too? Rangers weren't afraid to throw Kreider into the fire a few years ago. Maybe he surprises.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
No. He wasn't on the roster before the deadline so he's not eligible.

Right.

Haggerty signed his ELC too late to play in the AHL, and wasn't on the reserve list at the NHL trade deadline. So he could play regular season NHL games, but not NHL playoff games.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
According to the box score from last night the black aces still with the team are Leneveu, Syvret, Kristo, Bourque, Lindberg, McIlrath, Allen and Hughes.

Rangers scratches being Stepan, Carcillo, Fast, Diaz and Falk.

I know Powe and Hrivik were with them earlier, but Hrivik left to go play in the WHC, and I guess Powe was no longer needed with all the extra bodies being around.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Balzy if go Lindberg . Gamble but they are up and he could be real good

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011

Goal--David LeNeveu

Someone explain to me how this works. Are some or all of these guys present for all team practices and meetings? I guess I'm asking how much, if any, Lindberg being with the Rangers the past couple weeks might have helped prepare him to play tomorrow if needed.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
It could go a few different ways. I hope that Vigneault learned his lesson and won't put Moore on the first line. I'd rather see something like…

Kreider - Brassard - Nash
Hags - Richards - MSL
Pouliot - Moore - Zuccs
Lindberg/Fast - Boyle - Dorsett

Could even switch Boyle and (if he's in) Lindberg if you'd like, though I don't know if I'd throw him in the C role right away. I figure Zuccs is a good enough playmaker that he and Pouliot could do just fine with Moore. Nash and Kreider create the space and are capable of scoring. Brass can feed them the puck or shoot himself (which I wish he'd do more of). The off-wing situation is definitely not helpful.

I haven't seen Lindberg play this year. How is he with physicality and play on the boards? That could be a deciding factor, in my opinion, as to whether or not he gets the nod.

I just didn't think Moore clicked with Kreider and Nash at all last game. He looked out of place with top 6 minutes, and the only other option we have is Brassard unless you attempt to distribute minutes uniformly.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Jakob Silfverberg made his NHL debut in the playoffs against the Rangers in 2012. Lindberg was a top playoff performer for his team in Sweden in 2012-13. The Rangers brought Lindberg on the trip for a reason.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
I say we play him if Stepan can't go. The only thing that matters to me is that this is a Swedish guy with a twin brother, which is something that has worked out well for us in the past

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad