Player Discussion Oscar Klefbom

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
This is the Oscar Klefbom shoulder thread, not the HFBoards aches and pains thread.

Reactions: KlefDown

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
So I guess u were the fella that reported me. I was just talking to other Oiler fans trying to get advice on the same problem.

Why would I report you? Report you to... myself? There were 29 posts in a row not about Klefbom.

Gee, I do see how that would be a problem for this thread, and I bet there is probably a better (OT) thread for me to seek advice. Thanks Soli, you're the best.

No problem, back to Klefbom's bombed out shoulder.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I thought he was talking about shoulder replacement surgery before. Do we know if that is the course they are taking? I did a quick google and couldn't find an NHL player that has ever had that procedure done before and came back to play. Medical procedures are almost black magic nowadays though, and Klefbom is young, so you never know.

Reactions: Aerchon

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I really wonder how this will play out. I assume he is still waiting in Sweden. I assume the best doctors are in the USA and with covid it's next to impossible for Oscar to get his surgery right now. He's a huge asset to the team, but if he chooses to retire I'd be fine with that. You've gotta look after yourself first. Some of the news and documentaries about former hockey players are pretty scary.

Reactions: Oilhawks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really wonder how this will play out. I assume he is still waiting in Sweden. I assume the best doctors are in the USA and with covid it's next to impossible for Oscar to get his surgery right now. He's a huge asset to the team, but if he chooses to retire I'd be fine with that. You've gotta look after yourself first. Some of the news and documentaries about former hockey players are pretty scary.
There's not a lot to me that would suggest he would go down that path.

Granted he could become depressed from retiring so early. But nothing to me really shows that he'd end up like a lot of these guys that had addiction issues due to concussions and such. I've also never read any stories that suggest he wasted all his money on hookers, blow and gambling.

I do agree though at this point it's obvious he has to look after his healthy after hockey and it really appears that he is doing that. So that too suggest that he might be on a better path than a lot of others.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Even if Klef retires, it would be nice to have him around in some training capacity.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Pierre LeBrun mentioned Klefbom as an option for his Swedish Olympic team still as did Eric Duhatschek.

They called him a wildcard.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
News is at a geologic pace in this thread I see. Really I just clicked to see how it had been bumped and what the latest old news is. Its Feb 2021 and I'm getting last years news. Or 5 yrs ago, or..

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Any news on Klefbom's current status? I'm assuming that management already knows what they're doing with the #2 LD spot, but I really hope that he comes back

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It seems like if Klef returns it will be a game 1 of the playoffs resurrection, Kuch style

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Any news on Klefbom's current status? I'm assuming that management already knows what they're doing with the #2 LD spot, but I really hope that he comes back
There won't be any news until the expansion draft at the earliest

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
22te8q.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad