Confirmed with Link: Orlov and Hathaway and Andrei Svetlakov to Boston for 2023 first-round pick, 2025 second-round pick, 2024 third-round pick, and forward Craig Smith

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Yeah, very disappointed in that return. But then again, rentals never go for as much as fans think they should.

But if they turn around and flip the first-plus for a top player, I'd be a fan.

Reactions: Misery74

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Good luck Dima! Screw Boston (and all the other Eastern teams), but at this point I'll be happy to see a guy like Orlov get a chance to win with a real contender.

This is also the right move for the Caps, but the only way it really makes sense if everybody is now up for sale -- because trading your top D man is a complete white flag at this point. Going forward the only guy to keep from the "Old Guard" (other than Ovi) is maybe Wilson, but even in his case, not untouchable...

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
It is what it is. It's a boring return but it gives us flexibility with draft capital and salary.

I don't hate the return price. We expected more and that's why it looks like it does.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Not terrible. 1 and 3 for Orlov and a 2 for Hathaway. But really they should have sat on it for another day. Feel like tons of teams would be calling after the scratch announcement tonight. Oh well

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Caps also acquired the rights to Russian center Andrei Svetlakov from Minnesota (w/ MIN acting as a third-party retainer).

Reactions: Calicaps

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
It’s a decent enough return and they at least jumped Chychrun / Gavrikov trades. Wish we got a prospect out of it or maybe a conditional 1st if they won the cup but it will do

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad