GDT: Optimism Train Rolls Back Into Town!: Canucks @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty everyone in the division except the Rangers got at least a point tonight if anyone was wondering

The moment I saw Florida was playing again and it was against the Flyers, it was obvious the Flyers were probably winning. Because Florida played last night and used Luongo. Since Luongo is ancient and washed up (sarcasm on the washed up part) I knew that piece of **** Reimer would be getting the start.

And when James Reimer plays, there's a good chance you're gonna have trouble not allowing goals.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
You must be fun at parties...

Well, going to a party and sitting through a Devils game, up 1, while the Canucks are in your zone for the final 55 seconds...you're most likely going to get two totally different reactions from me

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
The moment I saw Florida was playing again and it was against the Flyers, it was obvious the Flyers were probably winning. Because Florida played last night and used Luongo. Since Luongo is ancient and washed up (sarcasm on the washed up part) I knew that piece of **** Reimer would be getting the start.

And when James Reimer plays, there's a good chance you're gonna have trouble not allowing goals.

I'm hoping Florida looks like **** for the rest of the year. Flyers scare me long term considering what they were able to do last year

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Taylor Hall is an amazing player. Absolutely elite. And Wood is absolutely incredible to watch. If he develops any type of finish he's going to be a huge asset to this team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha well he kept them in the game in the 3rd period that's for sure.

With that said, facing Price in a few days should be a good time

I don't mind giving a goalie credit when it's deserved, but that is one poor goalie.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/m/marksja02/splits/

.904 is his career, .869 against the Devils and that was even before tonight's game. I'm surprised to see that he actually has a win against the Devils, I don't remember him ever beating us. He's the only wall of pads goalie we've never had a problem scoring on in modern times.

Oh, now I remember what game he beat us in.

I should have remembered. Guess who was in attendance that game? I'm pretty sure he was in net for that horrific game in the lockout season against the Panthers, where they tied it in the last 20 seconds and won it in OT.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
Our speed was a big factor in tonights win. When was the last time we could say that?

That and the fact the Canucks might actually be in the Top 3 worst teams in the league definitely helped.

Devils were actually expected to win this one and they did which is great.

I was worried this team wouldn't win more than three games this month and they already have two in the bag. Happy to be proven wrong

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
That and the fact the Canucks might actually be in the Top 3 worst teams in the league definitely helped.

Devils were actually expected to win this one and they did which is great.

I was worried this team wouldn't win more than three games this month and they already have two in the bag. Happy to be proven wrong

I don't get why you watch the games. It doesn't seem like you enjoy it. And you're certainly not bringing any enjoyment to this board.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm hoping Florida looks like **** for the rest of the year. Flyers scare me long term considering what they were able to do last year

What were they able to do last year exactly? Get a 45 save shutout from a backup goalie and giving a legit scare to a team that's notorious for playoff disappointments?

Florida isn't a bad team, but Reimer is not a good NHL goaltender, at least not consistently from year to year. He's not their starter of course, but he hasn't given them much of a chance to win in any of the games he's played this year. He has good seasons sometimes, like last year. I had to argue with the Sharks fans who all were convinced that Toronto was the reason for his failures and inconsistencies. Never mind the fact that he actually did have good seasons in Toronto and was their best goaltender last year by quite a bit.

He just isn't good enough from year to year and he has no business being Luongo's heir apparent. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Bishop if he makes it to UFA. The only reason I think Bishop would shy away would be because he might not wanna share time with Luongo for another year or maybe even more. Luongo looks like he can keep playing for a couple more years.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I do like the Sedin's and feel bad for them for most likely going out on a losing team.

They probably should have started a rebuild upon Benning coming and after trading Luongo. That 2015 playoff berth was a waste of time for them.

They might be able to finagle their way back to relevance with them, but once they're gone... oh boy. Their whole offense went through those two tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Also did the Devils just break a record?

8-0-2 at home ?

I think the record was broken quite a while ago. I believe it was broken once we went 6 or 7 games without a regulation loss at home.

Now we keep extending it.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
I don't get why you watch the games. It doesn't seem like you enjoy it. And you're certainly not bringing any enjoyment to this board.

Honestly it is tough to enjoy these games. There hasn't been a solid win since that Buffalo game, which I was lucky to attend in person.
I'm also extremely happy when they win but to the win the way they have lately makes me want to hurl. Tonight was better but it just is never in the bag until the final horn sounds.
It would be nice to win a game 5-2 for once and not have to depend on our defense in the final moments when the oppositions goalie is pulled.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Guys do you think the Hall hit was ok? I hope he doesn't get suspended..

He kept his arms down, and Larsen was leaning into the hit with his head down. If he wasn't it would've been full body contact. Don't think he'll get suspended.

Edit: Looking at it again, Larsen turns his head into the hit, and based on Hall's body language after it he tried to stop.

MissMyDevs*

Mar 14, 2016
What were they able to do last year exactly? Get a 45 save shutout from a backup goalie and giving a legit scare to a team that's notorious for playoff disappointments?

Florida isn't a bad team, but Reimer is not a good NHL goaltender, at least not consistently from year to year. He's not their starter of course, but he hasn't given them much of a chance to win in any of the games he's played this year. He has good seasons sometimes, like last year. I had to argue with the Sharks fans who all were convinced that Toronto was the reason for his failures and inconsistencies. Never mind the fact that he actually did have good seasons in Toronto and was their best goaltender last year by quite a bit.

He just isn't good enough from year to year and he has no business being Luongo's heir apparent. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Bishop if he makes it to UFA. The only reason I think Bishop would shy away would be because he might not wanna share time with Luongo for another year or maybe even more. Luongo looks like he can keep playing for a couple more years.

Well the flyers pretty much seemed out of it last year and then out of no where they claimed that last spot. They have good offensive talent, but obviously and hopefully the Devils continue to have their number.
I guess in reality most teams scare me in the division at this point. It's pretty crazy how everyone is capable of beating everyone now a days.
Tonight was nice because Vancouver definitely sucks but we thought the same thing about Winnipeg /:

DevilWithin

Feb 24, 2015
New Jersey
He kept his arms down, and Larsen was leaning into the hit with his head down. If he wasn't it would've been full body contact. Don't think he'll get suspended.

Edit: Looking at it again, Larsen turns his head into the hit, and based on Hall's body language after it he tried to stop.

Yeah I mean the hit looked good by Hall. I'm surprised he's even capable of doing that haha Larsen just wasn't ready for it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well the flyers pretty much seemed out of it last year and then out of no where they claimed that last spot. They have good offensive talent, but obviously and hopefully the Devils continue to have their number.
I guess in reality most teams scare me in the division at this point. It's pretty crazy how everyone is capable of beating everyone now a days.
Tonight was nice because Vancouver definitely sucks but we thought the same thing about Winnipeg /:

I still think Winnipeg is better than Vancouver by a little bit.

Vancouver is one of the worst teams we've played. Only a team like the Yotes are losing on purpose, or so I'm very convinced.

Vancouver actually isn't tanking, they're just pretty much directionless right now.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Optimism works :D

4cgeSL4.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We have at least a game in hand on the 4 closest teams behind us.

We also have 3 games in hand on the Flyers and 2 on the Rags.

We are in control of our destiny right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad