Post-Game Talk: Operation 10 BOOMs in Tampa falls short but FLA score 9 times?!? Niinnne times!! FLA 9 - TB 2

How many points do the Panthers end up with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It certainly looks like nhl.com is also avoiding talking about the Panthers’ success. For evidence, here are today's headlines:
IMG_9158.jpeg

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
It certainly looks like nhl.com is also avoiding talking about the Panthers’ success. For evidence, here are today's headlines:
View attachment 821804
Attachment didn't show so I went to nhl.com. No mention of the Panthers on the home page at all.

The lack of respect for the Panthers is evident. not just from nhl.com but from national media. Watch the commercials from nhl shop or fanatics. Nothing shown for the Panthers. This is a team that won the Presidents Trophy two seasons ago, was in the finals last season, and is one of the favorites this season.

I hope the team sees this and uses it as some motivation.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
National hockey media will always, by necessity, be tailored to the people who consume most of it. That's going to be Canadian fans and people in the northeast (and to some degree, the upper midwest) by a wide margin.

I don't think Canadian/traditional hockey media attention on the Panthers or Lightning will grow the fanbases here. What's grown the fanbases here is the Lightning being really good for an extended period of time (3 cups in the last 20 years is pretty f***ing impressive) and the Panthers finally getting their act together and putting together this really nice run they're going on now. Also, Matthew Tkachuk.

You can say #19 is overrated, you can say he's a rat, but you've also got to concede that he's the best thing that's happened to South Florida hockey in 30 years. We're a celebrity town (always have been, unfortunately), and we finally found a hockey celebrity who resonates here.

Anyway, I'm not broken up about lack of media attention. We'll get plenty of that on Tuesday night vs Ottawa, probably. :laugh:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
So, what exactly was Tampa thinking going into this? They looked completely disinterested in actually playing the game. What a weird result...

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
So, what exactly was Tampa thinking going into this? They looked completely disinterested in actually playing the game. What a weird result...
i think its a bit different if they didnt score that quick one first, felt like they relaxed too much after that, but were keeping out shots limited until montours wide right shot went in and then were shellshocked when we scored 3 more to end the period, then one to start the 2nd off that challenge pp.
Crazy is that they had an 8 game home winning streak before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad