Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Prince - Zibanejad - Ryan
Puempel - Pageau - Lazar
MacArthur - Smith - Michalek

I could get behind that

A little better with the wings.

I think Ottawa was at its best when it could roll all 4 lines. I have no issue with any of those lines being on the ice at any given time.

What this tells me is what I think of Chiasson and Neil at this stage.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
A little better with the wings.

I think Ottawa was at its best when it could roll all 4 lines. I have no issue with any of those lines being on the ice at any given time.

What this tells me is what I think of Chiasson and Neil at this stage.

i agree we need to be a 4 line team like the pizza line days. you could count on guys like fisher, kelly, vermette, eaves, comrie, neil ect ect all chipping in once and awhile. there really was no dead weight

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
i agree we need to be a 4 line team like the pizza line days. you could count on guys like fisher, kelly, vermette, eaves, comrie, neil ect ect all chipping in once and awhile. there really was no dead weight

We weren't a 4 line team during the pizza line days lol.

That's why we didn't win the Cup.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

In the playoffs guys dried up but the team as a whole all put up good number aside from Mcrgratten and a few other guys

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

The series against Pittsburgh was a real team effort.

Alfredsson 3-3-6
Spezza 2-3-5
Kelly 3-1-4
Corvo 0-4-4
Heatley 2-2-4
Volchenkov 1-3-4
Schaefer 0-3-3
Neil 1-2-3
Preissing 1-2-3
Redden 0-3-3
Comrie 2-1-3
McAmmond 1-2-3
Meszaros 1-1-2
Fisher 0-2-2
Vermette 1-1-2
Eaves 0-1-1
Emery 0-1-1

I can still remember how shocked we were at how every line was playing so well.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I don't know why they aren't trying prince with zibby and Ryan.

Seems like a match made in heaven. Ryan gets to play RW, and he and Zibby can focus on shooting. Lazar and Pageau get reunited, and they get MacArthur when he's healthy (or hoffman).

Bet he finds his way there at some point this season. Our team would be pretty sick if Prince turns out to be legit.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I don't know why they aren't trying prince with zibby and Ryan.

Seems like a match made in heaven. Ryan gets to play RW, and he and Zibby can focus on shooting. Lazar and Pageau get reunited, and they get MacArthur when he's healthy (or hoffman).

Bet he finds his way there at some point this season. Our team would be pretty sick if Prince turns out to be legit.

I dont know why they are putting Zibby and Ryan together. Both have looked lackluster. Bad combination.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Do you guys see the sens making the playoffs with the current lineup?

Only if their is not many injuries(especially no key players) and they are consistent throughout the entire season.

Sens don't have a lot of top end talent and are pretty average with depth. The defense's depth is lacking. Karlsson and Methot being the only sure fire top 4 dmen.

They have a legit shot at a wild card spot but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they miss the playoffs.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Only if their is not many injuries(especially no key players) and they are consistent throughout the entire season.

Sens don't have a lot of top end talent and are pretty average with depth. The defense's depth is lacking. Karlsson and Methot being the only sure fire top 4 dmen.

They have a legit shot at a wild card spot but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they miss the playoffs.

Do you think, even with a healthy lineup, if Hoffman, Stone and Hammond have sophomore slumps then that can cost the sens the playoffs.

Stone and Hoffman were beasts last year, they put up almost 55 goals together last year.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Do you guys see the sens making the playoffs with the current lineup?

Unlikely

Still well within the realm of the possible however

If injuries can derail our season so can they derail someone else's

For example if Price gets hurt for a prolonged period of time Montreal is going nowhere

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I dont know why they are putting Zibby and Ryan together. Both have looked lackluster. Bad combination.

They looked downright dominant at times last season together.

Zibby put up 46pts as a 21 year old with Ryan as his winger.

Yes they looked equally as bad at times with zibbys start and Ryans finish, but that to me says it's more a problem with the players, and not the chemistry between said players.

Besides, Stone and Turris are money in the bank. Can't split them up, so Zibby and Ryan it is.

As a few people have said, the Sens success this year is going to be highly dependant on how well that second line plays.

Of course there are many other factors at play, but I see that as the most important one.

If they can get it going, the Sens could be a very good team this year. If they don't, the Sens are a bubble team in the best case scenario.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Do you think, even with a healthy lineup, if Hoffman, Stone and Hammond have sophomore slumps then that can cost the sens the playoffs.

Stone and Hoffman were beasts last year, they put up almost 55 goals together last year.

hammond isn't going to be seeing more than 25 games unless anderson gets injured again. andy is extremely underrated and can carry this team into the playoffs

stone doesn't look like he'll have a sophomore slump. sophmore slumps are usually caused by players doing extremely well in a lesser role moving up the line-up. it's not so much everyone "figuring out" a player as much as them just facing more top defenses. while stone won't likely be the ppg player he was down the stretch (unless something happens to league-wide scoring), he has unbelievable hockey iq that should help him avoid a big slump. a lot of us believe he'll be a 60-75 point guy next season, and hey, hfsens has never been wrong before, so i'd jump on the hype train if i were you :sarcasm:

hoffman is someone to look to for a sophomore slump. i have been hyping hoffman since we drafted him, but even i need to see him do it again before i believe. the guy beats a lot of goalies with straight shots. that's hard to do consistently. he looks like he's going to be starting the season with stone and turris. if he does, that's a lot of help. as i said in my paragraph about stone though, sophomore slumps happen when a player moves up in the line-up and that is what hoffman is going to be doing.

do i think we'll make the playoffs? i can't answer that. i think we're still in that bubble. we have a good shot, as do a lot of other teams. i'm excited to see how the season plays out :yo:

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

Then no. We won't make it. Unless Ryan and Karlsson go beast mode, if Hoffman and Stone both have sophomore slumps then it's GG for playoff hopes IMO.

Hammond having a slump is OK, since Andy would be healthy.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
This pre-season, Hoffman looked like he picked up right where he left off. He's not going to have a sophomore slump.

BigBush*

Im not to worried about sophomore slumps from Hoffman and Stone. Im far more worried that the secondary scorers dont produce (Ryan, MacArthur, Michalek, Zibanejad, Pageau, Lazar)

I think the Sens should be a bubble team and i'd slightly favor them to make the playoffs

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
They looked downright dominant at times last season together.

Zibby put up 46pts as a 21 year old with Ryan as his winger.

Yes they looked equally as bad at times with zibbys start and Ryans finish, but that to me says it's more a problem with the players, and not the chemistry between said players.

Besides, Stone and Turris are money in the bank. Can't split them up, so Zibby and Ryan it is.

As a few people have said, the Sens success this year is going to be highly dependant on how well that second line plays.

Of course there are many other factors at play, but I see that as the most important one.

If they can get it going, the Sens could be a very good team this year. If they don't, the Sens are a bubble team in the best case scenario.

I liked them together, too, but we can't afford two slumping players on the 2nd line.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'd really like to see MacA play on the 2nd/3rd line with Pageau when he's back, which could be opening night.

I see those two gelling quickly if they get enough toi together.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Yes I think they are that close to the line. They don't have enough scoring depth to live without Stone and Hoffman producing good numbers.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
All of Michalek, Chiasson, Smith, Neil in bottom 6 is no no. All 4 dont have high IQ, 3 are not fast, and dont have much grit. Maybe Michalek, Smith and Chiasson.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Ryan - Zibanejad- Prince
Lazar- Pageau -Puempel
Michalek - Smith - MacArthur

These lines here are essentially excellent just some minor tweaks:

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Prince-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Pageau-Lazar
Puempel-Smith-Michalek

Those lines all contribute something important and can score.

I have absolutely no ****ing idea why Neil is in the top 12. Zero idea why BOTH Chiasson and Neil in top 12. ABSOLUTELY zero reason why Michalek, Chiasson and Neil playing in bottom 6. ZEROOOOOOOOOOO reason why we wanna ruin Smith again with Neil.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Bit of a loaded question, no? Would the Habs make the play-offs if their top goal scorer, top scoring forward and star goalie all don't produce?

I think the Senators can have a bit of regression from those guys and still compete thanks to Andy but I don't see any reason that Hoffman and Stone won't at least match last years numbers.

The D should be slightly better with Methot here to start the season and Wierchioch/Ceci a year more mature and I expect Lazar/JGP to produce more plus I think Prince might give a boost we didn't have last season.

If we look like a tire fire in our own end again all season then all bets are off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad