Post-Game Talk: OPENING NIGHT! October 8th - VAN @ CGY - 8:00MT (Sportsnet)

ReNeGaDe87

Comfortably Numb
Jun 10, 2012
Burkeville AB
from flames website

lines_giordano.jpg

" WTF why no C on my jersey?"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 45s44 seconds ago
#Flames lines today: Glencross-Colborne-Hudler; Raymond-Backlund-Bouma; Gaudreau-Byron-Jones; Bollig-Stajan-McGrattan

Gonna have to throw a Jones avatar into the GDT!

jones.jpg

EDIT: Of course, Monahan might be healthy in time...
I will wait unti game time. I think Money will be ready

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
By the way, Hartley has officially named the Gaudreau-Colborne-Byron line "the tower and the two Timbits."

You know like.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Backlund is better. He really should be on the top line.

Just the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Backlund is better. He really should be on the top line.

Just the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Most helpful post I've ever read. I felt like I was reading a Darryl interview. :laugh:

I think Hartley is looking for chemistry, and he's also looking to balance lines.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Really don't understand why Colborne would be slotted as a top line center tonight. Is Backlund not your best Center?
Monahan is slotted as the top line centre. Backlund #2 and Colborne #3. But Monahan has the flu, so if he is unable to dress instead of screwing with 3 lines, they will move Colborne up, Byron over to centre and slot in Jones.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Monahan is slotted as the top line centre. Backlund #2 and Colborne #3. But Monahan has the flu, so if he is unable to dress instead of screwing with 3 lines, they will move Colborne up, Byron over to centre and slot in Jones.

I am kinda surprised they have moved Colborne back to C. Are they maybe hoping to spread our size throughout the lineup? Did Colborne work on his draws in the offseason?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I am kinda surprised they have moved Colborne back to C. Are they maybe hoping to spread our size throughout the lineup? Did Colborne work on his draws in the offseason?

They've always wanted Colborne as a centre because they believe in big bodies in the centre position, and speedier guys on the wing. That's what I've been able to discern from interviews, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad