Line Combos: Opening night lineup / Line combinations - Discussions

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'd like to see Rielly play in a few games to start the season if he looks good in camp. Does anyone know with the new CBA how many games are prospects eligible to play before a year is burned on their contract? Is it still at 10?

I'd rather see Rielly get a shot if the Leafs are eliminated from playoffs with games remaining in the regular season. Shorter season means less room for error so you start out with your best chances. If the Leafs are eliminated, they could bring up the Marlies and Reading Royals players for all I care and just let the kids play.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'd rather see Rielly get a shot if the Leafs are eliminated from playoffs with games remaining in the regular season. Shorter season means less room for error so you start out with your best chances. If the Leafs are eliminated, they could bring up the Marlies and Reading Royals players for all I care and just let the kids play.

That is not allowed in Rielly's case as junior players are not treated the same as AHL/ECHL players in terms of recall rules..

Rielly is only allowed to make the team now, or get sent back to junior and once back in the WHL is not eligible for recall until his Moose Jaw teams season is completed.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
thats how I see it, but a lot of people think our lineup stinks...

Yea I dont get the hate personally.

I feel like people really think we are a bottom team. but I compare our roster to other bottom teams and we have far more talent IMO.

We're the early stages of a playoff team, missing one big piece, an actual #1 goalie.

People seem to forget almost every game us giving up at least one soft goal, I dont remember a single game where our goalie actually won the game for us!

scoring wise I think we're great, and defense wise we definitely have some skill+ a new system. But seriously, this goaltending situation needs to be fixed.(the #1 C as well but that can wait until the summer when we clear space.)

mikebel111*

thank you, atleast someone knows that we are a good team
we proved it first half, second half, just a callapse
I take the callapse as a positive, it just means, there are still a couple holes on our team

burke made a great move in trading our strength
dman for a big forward with elite skill, holzer can take place of schenn, holzer can actually handle the puck

if reimer returns to form, we are a playoff team IMO
no need for loungo, unless he comes cheap, like mid tier deal, plus after this CBA, his value just fell off big time
don't trade, players that are part of our future like, kadri, reilly, gardiner, colborne, and others
who knows, kadri can live up to hype, and become first line C, same with JVR
can't wait for the season
go leafs go

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
thank you, atleast someone knows that we are a good team
we proved it first half, second half, just a callapse
I take the callapse as a positive, it just means, there are still a couple holes on our team

They count all 82 games of a season for the standings.

Just like they did when we finished 9th last, 2nd last, and 5th last.

mikebel111*

Being 5th last, 9th last, 2nd last , 7th last, and 5th last over five years is not a good team.

That's a bad, bad team.

I am talking about last year, the callapse just means, there are holes on the team
did you even read my entire post

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I am talking about last year, the callapse just means, there are holes on the team

If I took away the callapse at the start of the 2010/2011 season, we'd look good too.

But we count all the games.

Not just the wins.

With all the games in mind, the Leafs have been a very bad team for years now.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

If I took away the callapse at the start of the 2010/2011 season, we'd look good too.

But we count all the games.

Not just the wins.

With all the games in mind, the Leafs have been a very bad team for years now.

The season is the season. Can't pick and chose to have a better result.

Carlyle told him to slim down to 230 pounds for the start of training camp, a loss of 10-15 pounds from where he concluded last season. Komisarek took the advice to heart, using the summer and subsequent locked-out months to shed the weight while targeting both his movement and athleticism. "We saw what happened with Nazem Kadri this summer," he grinned of Kadri, who arrived at Marlies training camp with undesirable body fat results and was subject to headlines for it. "He came into camp and there was sort of a rude awakening for him. I know guys sort of took that message and didn't want anyone coming to camp and having that happen to them. I took that message to heart."

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=413088

Everyone knows about Kadri. That's funny.

Anyway, if he's dropped 10-15 pounds to get down to 230? Let's see how that worked out.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Honestly, I don't even hate Komisarek anymore after this.

Mind you, that can change in about two games.

But right now, he has my respect and admiration.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
not many teams have the offensive forward depth to match the production of Grabo, Mac, JVR, Bozak, Kulemin, Connolly (kadri/frattin) behind their top-2 forwards.

Not many teams have given up as many goals as this team has the past 4 years.

Styles creates padded stats, at the result of having the 30th worst GA team 2 out of the last 4 years and 29th GA last year.

Don't let those stats fool you when these players played fast and loose padding goals and assists stats.

LA Kings won the cup last year, with only 3, 20 goal scorers. But if you looked at the Leafs stats, you would believe the Leafs were a better team.

Stats watching is very deceiving if one blindly interprets them.

songofwar

Sep 25, 2005
Yep. Heard hes getting a look by the big club again.

Colton Orr really worked hard with the marlies last year. Some nights he was their best player, believe it or not. Based on the style that burke and carlyle like to play i'd be surprised if he doesn't get a spot on the roster. A guy like Komarov won't make the team to play 6 minutes a night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad