Opening day give away

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I was hoping the same for the Kings fans in Canada. I missed who will get the replica rings, but I'd love one too. Somehow I doubt anyone will part with theses, but the banners someone in attendance might be able to snag for me. I'd also love a program from the first game. I'm sure there will be a commemorative one for opening night.

However, if nothing else I sure hope I am able to actually see the game and ceremony. If NHL Centre Ice is cheap (and it should be considering that it will only be showing half the games it normally does), I may consider getting it, just so I can see the season opener.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Anyone else curious how they're going to make all those replica rings? I'm thinking they'll have to be plastic, maybe with that shiny fake chrome plating. Unless there's some super cheap way to make it out of pewter. Either way, it's kind of a cool promotion. Has any other team done this for their fans?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Anyone else curious how they're going to make all those replica rings? I'm thinking they'll have to be plastic, maybe with that shiny fake chrome plating. Unless there's some super cheap way to make it out of pewter. Either way, it's kind of a cool promotion. Has any other team done this for their fans?

The Angels did something like this after the '02 season, I only know because one of my best friends went to the game where they gave them away.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
So is it the ring and the banner on opening day? Also, when are tickets going on sale???

Just the banner, ring at a later date.

No word on when tickets go on sale, have to imagine no later than monday or tuesday. Bob mentioned the schedule could come out tomorrow, so tickets could go on sale this weekend.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
So is it the ring and the banner on opening day? Also, when are tickets going on sale???

Minnesota Wild emailed people saying their single game tickets go on sale on the 16th, first game is on 19th, so not sure if Kings will do same. Barrys tickets already has tickets for the 19th with a TBD, but starting price is 190.00 for 300 section... :(

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Minnesota Wild emailed people saying their single game tickets go on sale on the 16th, first game is on 19th, so not sure if Kings will do same. Barrys tickets already has tickets for the 19th with a TBD, but starting price is 190.00 for 300 section... :(

Talked to my contact in the Wild ticket office, she made it sound like the 16th was the on sale date league wide. Also confirmed that the schedule should be released either Saturday afternoon/evening depending on when the NHLPA announces the ratification of the CBA.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
My season seat rep told me today that the home opener is already sold out.

You wonder how can it be sold out if the game has not even been officially announced yet? I don't think the every seat is a season ticket holder seat.

I was hoping they would give season ticket holders a chance to buy a couple of extra pairs on opening day.. (Give we will play Saturday at noon)

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
You wonder how can it be sold out if the game has not even been officially announced yet? I don't think the every seat is a season ticket holder seat.

I was hoping they would give season ticket holders a chance to buy a couple of extra pairs on opening day.. (Give we will play Saturday at noon)

Factor in how many of the extra tickets likely are going to friends and family of Kings staff/players, then add on the season ticket holders. Not a lot of room left for anyone else...

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Is Barrys' safe to buy from?

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005

People who bought tickets for the original opening night and didn't demand a refund still have the right to those seats. That's why it is sold out.

If any of those people (or STHs) decide not to use their tickets, those seats will be made available, presumably to STH first.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I'll be going...still trying to get tickets. Hopefully this Sunday they will be able to list them on stubhub.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Is Barrys' safe to buy from?

Yes, never had an issue, you can pick up the tickets from the hotel right next to staples center in the lobby. Their tickets are usually priced pretty well but I can't afford 190.00 for one ticket that's non-playoff even if banner raising :(

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012

Since i'm not a season ticket holder I was hoping to get tickets for me and my brother, but if it's already sold out that sucks :( especially since I don't have HD tv at my house, obviously happy to have hockey, but non HD is brutal...

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Add me to the list as well. If there's an extra floating around after those before me, I'd love to get one. I can pay for shipping :)

northernKing

Jul 15, 2004

TB lightning gave away replica rings the yr after they won

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad