OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never realized Parise and Suter were such boys before they talked about signing together. I think we all figured they knew each other because they were the same age and they both played on the same Team USA hockey teams over the years. I think it leaked at some point in the 2012 playoffs that they were to be a package deal. Most wrote it off as some kind of Eklund BS (it wasn't Eklund who said it) then it turned out to be true.

I vaguely remember Zach Parise being asked about a year earlier or possibly sometime in the 2011-2012 season to name one player not on the Devils that he would love to play with I do remember him saying not Ryan Suter, another defenseman who was Suter's teammate at the time. Shea Weber.

He could have played with both of them if he went to Nashville lol.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I never realized Parise and Suter were such boys before they talked about signing together. I think we all figured they knew each other because they were the same age and they both played on the same Team USA hockey teams over the years. I think it leaked at some point in the 2012 playoffs that they were to be a package deal. Most wrote it off as some kind of Eklund BS (it wasn't Eklund who said it) then it turned out to be true.

I vaguely remember Zach Parise being asked about a year earlier or possibly sometime in the 2011-2012 season to name one player not on the Devils that he would love to play with I do remember him saying not Ryan Suter, another defenseman who was Suter's teammate at the time. Shea Weber.

He could have played with both of them if he went to Nashville lol.

Suter left the team and Weber tried to sign with Philly and leave Nashville. I don't think either of them wanted to stay in Nashville long term.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Suter left the team and Weber tried to sign with Philly and leave Nashville. I don't think either of them wanted to stay in Nashville long term.
That was the offer sheet, which came about a week or so (maybe two?) after Suter and Parise signed with Nashville.

I'm not sure if Weber didn't wanna stay in Nashville long term. Not many players are gonna turn down that deal that Philly threw to him that Nashville had to match. I think he would have left if Poile didn't match it. I'm not sure he didn't wanna be there though. He still stayed another 4 years before they traded him to Montreal for Subban.

Reactions: My3Sons

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
That was the offer sheet, which came about a week or so (maybe two?) after Suter and Parise signed with Nashville.

I'm not sure if Weber didn't wanna stay in Nashville long term. Not many players are gonna turn down that deal that Philly threw to him that Nashville had to match. I think he would have left if Poile didn't match it. I'm not sure he didn't wanna be there though. He still stayed another 4 years before they traded him to Montreal for Subban.

Probably misspoke with the not wanting to stay. Clearly Philly was a priority over Nashville but since he signed a long term deal that could be picked up by nashville, he was fine with the chance it got matched.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Probably misspoke with the not wanting to stay. Clearly Philly was a priority over Nashville but since he signed a long term deal that could be picked up by nashville, he was fine with the chance it got matched.
I think the contract/money was a priority, no matter which one of the two teams wanted to give it at that time.

He got the same contract that Suter and Parise did. I think it was slightly higher in AAV and one more year in term.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Parise wasn’t as weirdly obsessed with Kovy as you.

He wanted to play with Suter and Suter didn’t want to come to NJ. Parise didn’t want to go to Nashville.

Minny was a destination that worked for both of them.
Sorry for the late replies to this but I’m catching up.

It’s funny hockey every player talks about winning a cup and how it’s everything to them. Then when they try and team up they leave “contenders” and don’t leave a nickel left on their contracts to help bring in talent

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
WNBA regular season takes precedent over the NHL playoffs. Bettman's Place.
I f***ing hate basketball so much for the exact reason of what you're seeing right here.

I used to like it, but I can't stand the last 28 seconds taking 10 minutes in real time.

Or another 30 minutes if it goes to overtime.

This is what turned me off of basketball about 30 years ago. I know many basketball fans find this exciting, but it was the opposite for me. Momentum killing.

it’s crazy that a regular season wnba game is blacking out the start of game 7 of an nhl playoff series what in the world
I think they would have had it on one of the other ESPN channels if the basketball game was still going on past puck drop. Thankfully it's over now and the puck is dropping.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vancouver will be a real punching bag next round without Boeser. Dallas in 5.

If Edmonton gets in then I'm not sure who I'd pick to win that series.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have zero confidence in Skinner right now.

They'll need to keep the shots to an extreme low once again to get through this one.

And like 0 breakaways against.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How many chances are Edmonton gonna blow before Skinner gives one up on the third or fourth shot he faces?

This could be game

What a snoozer the WCF will be if it is. Dallas crushing a shorthanded Vancouver.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Why do we need to know where everyone is from?

This is such a hockey thing, I never hear this in other sports. Country, college, town, junior team...

I do not care at all.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is gonna be a CHOKE from Edmonton/Skinner if they don't win this.

No excuse at this point.

They'll be another team in the market for a goalie if Skinner botches this one. I think they're gonna buyout Campbell. He wasn't even an option in this series, if that tells you what they think of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad