OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
But we have an absurd situation right now where everyone in the world except the referees (including the fans with their cell phones and the arena Jumbotron) sees the replay. That situation can’t persist if the game is to be credible. At least let the guy who called the penalty see it again in slow mo’ or from a different angle.

And when you are standing next to someone and shoving them with your stick as the two players lean on each other, I would argue that’s not a cross check. As I think of it, a “check” like a body check or cross check requires an element of striking with force instead of merely leveraging..

The purpose of sports isn't to crown a rightful winner, it's entertainment. It sucks that officials have all sorts of biases and miss calls constantly, but the alternative of endless review is already a path that the NBA has gone down and that the NHL appears like they might join them. Reviews should be extremely quick to correct egregious mistakes, not to determine the 'correct' call after several freeze-frames and slow motion replays.

Camille the Eel

The purpose of sports isn't to crown a rightful winner, it's entertainment. It sucks that officials have all sorts of biases and miss calls constantly, but the alternative of endless review is already a path that the NBA has gone down and that the NHL appears like they might join them. Reviews should be extremely quick to correct egregious mistakes, not to determine the 'correct' call after several freeze-frames and slow motion replays.
Granted but you could do something like MLB does where a team gets a challenge for their back pocket to request a replay when it’s important. You can time limit the reviews too. Again the fact that everyone sees the replay within seconds except the refs - who are not allowed to see it - compromises the credibility of the game. I would argue that the delay involved is less harmful than the abiding sense that games have been decided by egregious mistakes in officiating,

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Listening to Boston sports radio (Felger & Mazz) right now and the "Zacha is not a playoff performer" is starting to become a talking point up there.
Poor Zacha, people look at his big frame and skills and expect so much more. They just can't see his barely half full give a shit meter.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Listening to Boston sports radio (Felger & Mazz) right now and the "Zacha is not a playoff performer" is starting to become a talking point up there.
Listening to the FAN today and clueless Rag fans saying Quick should start tonight and Rempe should be in even if Chytil can play. It really shows just how moronic the average Rag fan is.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Listening to the FAN today and clueless Rag fans saying Quick should start tonight and Rempe should be in even if Chytil can play. It really shows just how moronic the average Rag fan is.
Plenty of Rempe fans and given the usage of a fourth liner, who cares. But Quick? Why? For a participation trophy?

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
This is the best! We're coming up to my favorite holiday: "Bruins Elimination Day".

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the Bruins have never lost a game according to their fans. It's always been the refs, injuries, the schedule.

Yesterday was all 3! The goalie interference, no Marchand, and they were forced to play on Mother's Day.

Yeah, the call was bad, but so was only getting 2 shots in the 3rd period when you're supposed to be fighting for your life. It was a matter of time.

They are a much, much, much, much worse team than Florida and that's the bottom line. A fraud team carried by a great goalie, an elite scorer and a bunch of Zacha's. That might work in the regular season against the Devils and Columbus, or in the playoffs against a similarly fraudulent Toronto team but eventually they would come up against a real team. Here we are.

The only bad thing about this is that they will probably lose on the road and I won't get the joy of seeing their fans in tears. I typically record the last 10 minute of their season and re-watch it throughout the the year whenever I'm feeling down. Only one year in the last 50+ that they let me down. LOVE IT!!!!

Go B's!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad