I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Fun moment on the Canes board tho:

IMG_6652.jpeg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Right, that's the counter. And eh, the players don't give a shit. Most of them will probably be happy for the Rags guys actually, these guys don't hold the rivalry like the fans do unless it's players who grew up in it from childhood. The management will 100% be irate if NYR wins it especially after just beating them last year in the playoffs and the supposed trajectory of the two teams that was being spouted. I still think we'll be fine. I know we're both NY Jets fans so we dealt with the Patriots so maybe we're more used to with our rivals winning but it would still suck for sure after the year we had lol
And the Mets with the Braves/Phillies/Yankees lolz, I’m getting too used to this shit

Tbh though I do think there’s more of a rivalry now with the players than there was in the days where Dano was Messier’s best man (or the other way around) and Driver/Mac went there…this group of players got indoctrinated into a playoff war at a young age, you had the Rempe shit this year, Trouba/Timo last year, etc.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Right, that's the counter. And eh, the players don't give a shit. Most of them will probably be happy for the Rags guys actually, these guys don't hold the rivalry like the fans do unless it's players who grew up in it from childhood. The management will 100% be irate if NYR wins it especially after just beating them last year in the playoffs and the supposed trajectory of the two teams that was being spouted. I still think we'll be fine. I know we're both NY Jets fans so we dealt with the Patriots so maybe we're more used to with our rivals winning but it would still suck for sure after the year we had lol
When our arena is half empty on a Tuesday night, or even worse, half filled with Rag fans, the players give a shit.

I mean fack, we can't even get our games on the radio anymore.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
And the Mets with the Braves/Phillies/Yankees lolz, I’m getting too used to this shit

Tbh though I do think there’s more of a rivalry now with the players than there was in the days where Dano was Messier’s best man (or the other way around) and Driver/Mac went there…this group of players got indoctrinated into a playoff war at a young age, you had the Rempe shit this year, Trouba/Timo last year, etc.

Ya man, I feel you. I don't want to be this board's therapist ( :laugh: )but can't take sports seriously or care when our rivals do something this big. I'm honestly more mad at NJD than I could be at NYR for fielding a good team. And yeah that's also fair, I think Nico probably despises them but I don't think someone like Jack does.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
A big part of what made Marty great was his puck handling.

I thought Hasek was the better save maker.

I think Hank was a level below those guys.

Don't think Shesterkin has earned his way in yet, but he could.
Problem is goaltending is so watered down now it’s equivalent to how the nfl uses running backs now

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Or make them do desperate things to stay relevant.

Tbh though this is one of the rare seasons where the Rangers winning wouldn’t bother me TOO much, out of pure spite for the crap the Devils put out there this season on and off ice, if there’s ever one season where they deserved the embarrassment of the Rangers winning a Cup while their asses were at home…
Exactly. I hate everything about the NYR franchise...it's all fake glitz and glamour, from the front office to the players on the ice...there's nothing authentic or likeable about them...and they get rewarded for this with baseless enthusiasm from pundits and observers every year. f*** them, I'm a firm believer that franchises like that are simply not fated to be handed the ultimate reward in a championship, at least not often. There's a reason those losers have just one in like a century.

That being said...if the fates have other ideas for whatever reason and they do win it all while our sorry ass team is golfing...that's a bad reflection on the NJD organization and it will be well deserved considering where this team has been for a decade now. This franchise either gets its shit back in order to ascend again past that craptastic franchise across the river like the last time this happened, or we simply won't have an argument for believing ourselves superior anymore.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
When our arena is half empty on a Tuesday night, or even worse, half filled with Rag fans, the players give a shit.

That'll always be a thing in our lifetime, man. They have 80 years of history and have generations of fans grandfathering in their Rangers fandom. We'll get that eventually, lol.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ya man, I feel you. I don't want to be this board's therapist ( :laugh: )but can't take sports seriously or care when our rivals do something this big. I'm honestly more mad at NJD than I could be at NYR for fielding a good team. And yeah that's also fair, I think Nico probably despises them but I don't think someone like Jack does.
Ranger players maybe not, but Jack definitely loves sticking it to the Ranger fans and their ‘Kakko’s better’ post draft nonsense and overrated chants more recently

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Problem is goaltending is so watered down now it’s equivalent to how the nfl uses running backs now
I can kind of see the comparison, but on the other hand, the goalie can still be the most important player on the ice.

I also think shooters and scoring ops are just much better then they once were. Stick technology but also the increase of speed and skill in the game.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ranger players maybe not, but Jack definitely loves sticking it to the Ranger fans and their ‘Kakko’s better’ post draft nonsense and overrated chants more recently

oh yeah, he despises their fans. Mocking them with 1000 yard stares after his playoff goals last year solidified that. Shaking his jersey in front of Rags fans when he tied the game last year in our biggest game of the year in 22-23 also did lol.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That'll always be a thing in our lifetime, man. They have 80 years of history and have generations of fans grandfathering in their Rangers fandom. We'll get that eventually, lol.
It’s definitely better crowd wise when we’re winning though…Games 5 and 7 last year were almost as Devils centric as Game 6 in 2012. Of course if things go to shit that’s when you get home ‘crowds’ like this season, or 2008 Game 5

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm getting old though.

I did feel some comfort in Knick fans invading Philly during that series.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Stars are such a disgusting team, hopefully they aren't kicking themselves for that game 1 loss later in the series

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Going back to Stanley Cup fates and who deserves it...a coach like PDB and a player like Pavelski are great at what they do and have more than paid their dues to finally win a championship. The idea that a hardass dinosaur like Laviolette (who already has a cup) or a worthless scumbag like Trouba would get the trophy over them sickens me, and I refuse to believe it will happen.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It’s definitely better crowd wise when we’re winning though…Games 5 and 7 last year were almost as Devils centric as Game 6 in 2012. Of course if things go to shit that’s when you get home ‘crowds’ like this season, or 2008 Game 5

That was my first playoff series, the 2008 one. I think a lot happened in that series to happen for it to get that way, down 3-1 and the Devils were getting trolled by a mutant of a man in Sean Avery. They also got absurdly f***ed by the Zach Parise no call getting his teeth slashed or whatever it was in Game 2. Oh yeah and Gomez deciding to have a revenge series and smiling like a toothy f*** whenever he did something. I don't blame Devils fans for not going lol

I'm getting old though.

I did feel some comfort in Knick fans invading Philly during that series.

Yeah NYC has some of the biggest casual bandwagoners, it is what it is. It's happened during the Giants Super Bowl runs too

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Carolina does this legit every year though. Their ownership constantly refusing to go out and pay for that big piece is killing them.

It amazes me they didn't go harder after Timo
Canes had $506K od cap space available this year. Last year they were an LTIR team. What "big piece:" is available for $506K?

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I’m not sure if Rod is making this otherwise mid team look like a (regular season) juggernaut or if he’s sandbagging them.

Either way, this is not a contender or serious cup threat until I see otherwise. They never get to the finals, they can’t win a single game in the conference finals when they get there. They (probably) can’t even win a single game in the second round this year.
The regular season is a pretty large "sample size" as compared to the playoffs. They are good over the "large sample size".

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

sure, there's no radio but devils radio network had every game to stream for free with matt and chico. New Jersey Devils Radio

era gone by ... ...oh the satisfaction of tuning an AM dial through the white noise and squelch to find a distant radio band.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not sure if Rod is making this otherwise mid team look like a (regular season) juggernaut or if he’s sandbagging them.

Either way, this is not a contender or serious cup threat until I see otherwise. They never get to the finals, they can’t win a single game in the conference finals when they get there. They (probably) can’t even win a single game in the second round this year.
I guess we’ll find out at his next job

I didn’t even get into this series, I knew the Rangers would punk them again…but I didn’t think it’d be in 4 or 5 games ffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad