OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Literally exactly what happened last year too.

I hope Boston loses, just because 1) it’s a nice change of pace from the leafs always being the laughing stock and Boston is over-rated anyway, 2) Boston’s choke job history and playoff failures are way under the radar…they’ve blown numerous series in the last 15 years when they’ve been up 3-2, 3-1, and even one when they had 3-0 lead…they’ve managed three finals appearances but only won one 13 years ago now…they set regular season records then totally flamed out in the first round last year…etc etc. Losibg this series will be the icing on the cake and maybe shed this incorrect perception that they aren’t chokers.
Boston is basically the ‘90’s Atlanta Braves, consistently dominant in the regular season for a decade plus, only one title to show for it

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Glad BOS-TOR is going to game 7 - will be fun to see one of those franchises lose in heart-breaking fashion. I'm also rooting for Florida to destroy either one of them next round.

That being said...I think it's BS for the winner of the series to have to play less than 48 hours later in Florida - just as it was BS for the Devils to have the same quick turnaround time versus Carolina last year. There should always be at least two off days in between a series. Just too quick of a turnaround coming off a 7 game series to hop straight into another one like this.

Also seems odd to start round 2 the same day round 1 games could be wrapping up, though that's more understandable as the Knicks have home games on Monday & Wednesday.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Literally exactly what happened last year too.

I hope Boston loses, just because 1) it’s a nice change of pace from the leafs always being the laughing stock and Boston is over-rated anyway, 2) Boston’s choke job history and playoff failures are way under the radar…they’ve blown numerous series in the last 15 years when they’ve been up 3-2, 3-1, and even one when they had 3-0 lead…they’ve managed three finals appearances but only won one 13 years ago now…they set regular season records then totally flamed out in the first round last year…etc etc. Losibg this series will be the icing on the cake and maybe shed this incorrect perception that they aren’t chokers.

Their fans are well aware of the choking.

They’re like the Atlanta Braves in the 1990s, they only won that Cup by finally facing a more cursed franchise.

Boston is basically the ‘90’s Atlanta Braves, consistently dominant in the regular season for a decade plus, only one title to show for it

I posted before I saw this, “great minds” lol

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Looks like Boston fans are finally in their Zacha reckoning phase. Good for them, I’ll resist the urge to I told you so.
1714757729987.jpeg

1714757770882.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's really bad. There's not even been many scoring chances.

It looked like the Canucks had a sure goal and Saros was all out of the net in the 2nd period. Not sure how they didn't score on that.

And didn't someone even have a 4 minute power play in this game? Shows how into this game I am that I can't even remember what team had it. I think it was Nashville.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Dallas-Vegas waiting room

Is there precedence of broadcast switching to the 2nd game, even if the 1st isn't finished?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That'll probably do it.

There will be lots of Mexican lagers consumed tonight in Nashville.

Reactions: Dialamo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad