OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This series looks like it just might go the way most of us thought it was going to go before it started. With Dallas winning it.

Vegas looking about out of gas again, which is what they looked like for a while down the stretch of the season.

They're probably not doing much damage with either goalie right now, they just look about ready for the offseason. But I'm not sure why they went back to Hill. He's looked bad for a while now. Probably since after the first time he got one of his patented injuries. His first of several times out of the lineup due to injury, which is the usual for him.

Reactions: Dialamo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Yeah. I don't even hate them that much, but I'm pretty over them.

It's kind of annoying that they even got a 2-0 lead in the series, only to lose 3 straight.

Vegas was never doing anything without getting the horseshoe goaltending they got last year, the Stars are a far superior roster. Took them a bit to get rolling but they're finally here. Avs/Stars will be f***ing tremendous if it happens

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yeah. I don't even hate them that much, but I'm pretty over them.

It's kind of annoying that they even got a 2-0 lead in the series, only to lose 3 straight.

I hate the Vegas "fans". I so want to see them lose the series at home. Their team makes the playoffs each of the first 4 years, then when they miss in year 5, they're booed by those same "fans". They can all f*** off.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I hate the Vegas "fans". I so want to see them lose the series at home. Their team makes the playoffs each of the first 4 years, then when they miss in year 5, they're booed by those same "fans". They can all f*** off.
Vegas was booed by fans? Shameful for fans. Even if they would missed the playoff over winning the cup last year.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Home team loses first 4, home team wins game 5. Took the higher seed a couple of games get their legs under them + the goalie to settle in.

Eh, that's stretching it a bit. Devils would've lost that series if they stuck to Vanacek. That series had a couple blowouts. This series doesn't. /shrug

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Mc
Home team loses first 4, home team wins game 5. Took the higher seed a couple of games get their legs under them + the goalie to settle in.

Greatest player ever I don't care what people say lol

He should have won the 21-22 and the 17-18 Hart trophies. Was the best player in 19-20 but missed some games.

His injured rookie season and the Kucherov Hart are the only 2 times in his career he wasn't the best player in that season.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Mc

He should have won the 21-22 and the 17-18 Hart trophies. Was the best player in 19-20 but missed some games.

His injured rookie season and the Kucherov Hart are the only 2 times in his career he wasn't the best player in that season.

Nah Hall deserved 17-18, still in favor of the argument that the MVP of the league has to make the playoffs. Pretty sure he won the Ted Lindsay that year which still shows how highly respected he was in a missed playoff year.

Reactions: Bleedred

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Kings recent playoff history
21-22 Lose to Edmonton in 7
22-23 Lose to Edmonton in 6
23-24 Lose to Edmonton in 5

24-25 Get swept by Edmonton???

They have way more talent but I feel like they're the next Minnesota in terms of making the playoffs but never making deep runs
Some of those Minnesota teams were pretty damn good. I think LA's problem is not having top tier goaltending and the fact that PLD didn't fit in his first season there. He's really a really good 2nd line center/low end 1st line center. Having Kopitar , Dubois , Dannault & PLD as your 4 centers is probably the best depth in the NHL. I think Byfield has been shifted to the wing at times but that's still a solid 4.

Dubois wanted his payday and to play for a big market team. He got it but being a half a point per game player in your prime isn't cutting it. Maybe next season he will bounce back but if he doesn't than it's going to be a long season in LA.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The LA-Minny comparison is spot on.

They don't have scorers of the magnitude to break through in games like this. As much as people love to talk about how the game changes in the playoffs and depth is needed, if you don't have a Draisaitl / McDavid, Mackinnon, Kucherov, P. Kane, Crosby / Malkin, etc. it's just so much harder to make it happen.

It's just way too easy to dismiss elite scoring but it buys you time on every length - periods, games, series. The only other way is a goaltending performance for the history books, which happens less and less.

It's why I can never get behind what WPG, CGY, NSH, BOS, etc. do. Showing up isn't vindication. Winning is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad