OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Capitals are nothing but a bunch of washed up, has-been, never was, slow, skill deprived trash.

I'm beyond embarrassed that we went 1-3-0 against them this year. Fluky things happen when you only play a team twice a year and lose to them, like much of those other COC teams we lost to, but going 1-3-0 against them in 4 tries is truly something special.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Go Jets Go

IMG_5415.jpeg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Predators growling noise sound effect sounds way too much like the Panthers growling noise sound effect.

It almost sounds like it's the same exact clip lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just looked at the scores and thought "finally, Rangers eliminate the Capitals so we don't have to see that team anymore".

Then I realized they are still playing game 3.

Why the hell does it take the Rangers so long to eliminate this Capitals team.
I know. I've been thinking the same exact thing the entire series. I'm always one game ahead of where we really are in my mind. It's the same thing with goals. When it was 2-1 Rangers I kept thinking it was already 3-1 Rangers, because the Capitals are so bad they always feel like they're down at least another goal more than they really are and it always feels like it's one game ahead of where we are.

I went through the whole last few days thinking the Rangers were up 3 games to 0. Like when the Panthers and Hurricanes both went up 3-0 in their series, I was thinking ''Well, the Rangers are also up 3 games to 0. Oh wait, no they're not, they've only played two games so far''.

A lot of it also probably has to do with the Capitals being such a boring drain and chore to watch, that it goes by so slow that you always think you're a game ahead of where we really are.

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
Gawd the choreographed Gretzky pandering apropos of absolutely nothing to do with the game just so The Great One doesn't fall asleep is tedious.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Winnipeg quickly became my one regret pick of the first round. There always seems to be one.

The Avalanche have been by far the better team here every single game in this series. I mean HEAVILY have been the better team. It isn’t even close.

I picked Winnipeg in 7 for the Hellebuyck vs Georgiev factor. Only game 1 demonstrated that.

I’ve been thinking since game 2 that this might be Colorado in 5.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Winnipeg quickly became my one regret pick of the first round. There always seems to be one.

The Avalanche have been by far the better team here every single game in this series. I mean HEAVILY have been the better team. It isn’t even close.

I picked Winnipeg in 7 for the Hellebuyck vs Georgiev factor. Only game 1 demonstrated that.

I’ve been thinking since game 2 that this might be Colorado in 5.
I think Peg would have done very well against the heavier slower teams. Preds, Vegas, Kings.

But they just can’t keep up with the quicker teams. Avs just the worst possible matchup but thats how it goes sometimes

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the one on Shesterkin was much worse. I see goals like that Toffoli one almost every night around the league. Maybe every other night at most. Cam Talbot also had one just like that against Draisaitl last night.

I think they’re bad goals, but they’re a lot more common than I would have ever thought. Especially with goalies doing the reverse VH.
Hellebuyck with an .871 save percentage this series
That’s still pretth bad, but what’s really hilarious is that right now the average save percentage for this playoffs is below .900%. Vasilevskiy having a .904% to Bobrovsky’s .901% and still being down 3 games to 0 is one of the weirdest stats of playoffs so far. That’s how incredibly outplayed the Lightning have been by the Panthers.

Camille the Eel

Pacioretty .... that was a worthless pick-up🤣
He can’t skate any more. The two Achilles tendon tears to the same tendon. When you can’t skate you can’t play the game.

The same thing is happening to Ovi. He skates hardly more or hardly better than Pacioretty. He scored 30 goals because he still stands around and rips the occasional shot. But it’s amazing how little effect he’s having on this series. Like he’s not really a factor at all and not even requiring the Rags to pay much attention to him to render him ineffective.

Time and tide have accomplished that by themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad