OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Soft players aren't useless....but one team can't dress 18 of them like we do.
No but more guys in the game today try to avoid playing with physicality. I generally agree you need some guys that do that but they supplement your core most of the time. NJ could easily add two in thr top six but that’s true of most teams.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
No but more guys in the game today try to avoid playing with physicality. I generally agree you need some guys that do that but they supplement your core most of the time. NJ could easily add two in thr top six but that’s true of most teams.
I think there are degrees here. Not all soft is equal....it's like cheese there's Brie/Camembert soft and there's Jarlsberg soft and there's Fortina soft.

Ours is a giant pot of fondue.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Still a goose egg for our friend

IMG_5390.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m not sure if Vegas is channeling those Kings teams that seemed to be able to turn it on in the playoffs even after average seasons. Dallas just struggles with them or if Dallas is a gigantic bust.

I keep saying…….Dallas is an old team. Its hard to see guys not running out of gas before the finish line.

Still, they should be able to beat Vegas this year.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I’m not sure if Vegas is channeling those Kings teams that seemed to be able to turn it on in the playoffs even after average seasons. Dallas just struggles with them or if Dallas is a gigantic bust.

I keep saying…….Dallas is an old team. Its hard to see guys not running out of gas before the finish line.

Dallas playing fine. Both games could have went either way. Two strong teams playoff each other. Simple as that

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dallas playing fine. Both games could have went either way. Two strong teams playoff each other. Simple as that
They should have won game one

But the league’s most overrated goalie struck.

And then he struck again tonight on a weak game winner.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
They should have won game one

But the league’s most overrated goalie struck.
Vegas healthy, with Stone, and all of their over the cap additions makes them a wagon again. They just have that extra level. And when needed, they can shut it down as good as anyone when they take the lead.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Exact same thought I had, Pavelski/Robertson look like statues come playoffs. That play on the board where Robertson got bodied before the Eichel ENG can't happen in the playoffs and it consistently happens to their guys. I mean it's also Vegas too, the most committed team to their system in the whole league so I don't know how much I can't fault Dallas here.

Vegas healthy, with Stone, and all of their over the cap additions makes them a wagon again. They just have that extra level. And when needed, they can shut it down as good as anyone when they take the lead.

I agree but I feel like Logan Thompson is gonna come back and bite them eventually. I can see the Avs/Edmonton expose him badly if they face off.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Exact same thought I had, Pavelski/Robertson look like statues come playoffs. That play on the board where Robertson got bodied before the Eichel ENG can't happen in the playoffs and it consistently happens to their guys. I mean it's also Vegas too, the most committed team to their system in the whole league so I don't know how much I can't fault Dallas here.

I agree but I feel like Logan Thompson is gonna come back and bite them eventually. I can see the Avs/Edmonton expose him badly if they face off.
I actually trust Thompson much more than Hill right now.

For all the “Any goalie can get hot in the playoffs” stuff which is true, how many goalies like Hill (nobody goalies) get hot twice like that in the playoffs to have two runs? When a no name goalie has that hot run, it usually doesn’t happen again. At least not in another cup finals run. Thompson is also a no name goalie, but he hasn’t had this run before. So I think there’s a greater chance of him catching fire than Hill again.

I can’t remember the last JAG goalie to have more than one hot playoff to the cup finals/cup wins. Matt Murray shouldn’t count, as he was probably gonna be good, he’s just made of glass.

Not to mention that his second run was only the last two rounds. He was injured the first two rounds of that second run.

Camille the Eel

What a player Kopitar remains. It’s amazing how formidable he continues to be despite age and mileage.

That OT winner last night is a beauty. But I can’t figure out, on the stretch pass that sprung him, did Byfield intentionally touch that puck, or did it just deflect off him, or did he not touch it at all? I know they gave him an assist but, try as I may, I can’t actually see it.

Edit - Byfield evidently acknowledged that he was just trying to touch the puck to prevent an icing. Bingo it’s a bank pass right on Kopitar’s stick with him in full stride.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Wow reading the first two pages of the leafs post game thread reads a lot like NJD gdt after a typical game this season... particularly during our bad stretches.

Same highlights...

Shit PP. Shit PK when needed. Goalie giving up shit goals, and getting out coached at home. D not great. Medical staff /coaching decision woes that lead to nylander overplaying in reg season and injured unable to play on serie.

The only difference is the stars not showing up when it matters. Which was only a problem in the beginning of season with Timo. They showed up down the stretch (Jack Nico Timo Bratt)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We should have never let go of Kulikov, IMO. He was one of those sneakily productive players that could eat minutes and be relied upon for lineup stability.
I thought I remember him wanting to leave? But I agree he was good here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad