NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_5370.jpeg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Vancouver might be the most overrated team of the playoffs.
Nashville in six might have been the surest prediction I had in any of the series other than Rangers in 3.5 over the Corpses, they got fortunate with the draw avoiding the rest of their murderous division and not playing Edmonton in the first round either. And it would just be our luck to have Brunette go on a deep playoff run now to top off this season

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Nashville in six might have been the surest prediction I had in any of the series other than Rangers in 3.5 over the Corpses, they got fortunate with the draw avoiding the rest of their murderous division and not playing Edmonton in the first round either. And it would just be our luck to have Brunette go on a deep playoff run now to top off this season
I hope Brunette gets his run.

He was top notch for us, can't hate him

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hope Brunette gets his run.

He was top notch for us, can't hate him
Oh I don't have anything against him for sure or even Nashville as a whole, I'd probably root for them all things being equal...but reading the whine-fest for another five hundred days how he was the only reason for our good season two years ago and how Fitz made a fatal franchise-altering error will be annoying as ****.

Camille the Eel

Nashville certainly is playing a good, sound team game where everyone knows where to be and does what they are supposed to. Strong on the back line. Jossi and McDonough and they are getting mileage out of Lauzon too (damn him for dislocating Jack’e shoulder the first time three years back).

Not generating a lot of shots on goal tonight but holding the opposition in the same range.

Vancouver is going to have to make some adjustments but this may still turn out to be a long series, as even with De Smith in goal they should well be able to at least win one game in Nashville and come home with the series tied. They are still a very deep and talented club.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vancouver might be the most overrated team of the playoffs.
They might be.

I kind of think Winnipeg is too. This series should probably be 2-0 Colorado. People call them a contender and they’re really not. If Georgiev is just okay from here then I think Colorado can potentially win out this series in 5. Unless the Jets can seriously be better.

Dallas is also overrated, as I think they’re a very old team, with a lot of important players who are up there in age.

Dallas is much better than Vancouver and Winnipeg though. I just wonder if they can sustain a cup finals run with how old a lot of those guys are.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Dallas is also overrated, as I think they’re a very old team, with a lot of important players who are up there in age.
They have few older guys, but their best players are still young. I mean Robertson, Hintz, Heiskanen, Oettinger, Johnston, Stankoven and Harley are well under 30. Yeah, Benn, Pavelski and Tanev are above 30 or even 35, but they are mostly complementary players (though really good ones) that one can replace via trade or with UFA signing. Bourque and Bichsel are also interesting prospects, so their prospects pool isn't empty.

I think the Stars have a bright future.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They have few older guys, but their best players are still young. I mean Robertson, Hintz, Heiskanen, Oettinger, Johnston, Stankoven and Harley are well under 30. Yeah, Benn, Pavelski and Tanev are above 30 or even 35, but they are mostly complementary players (though really good ones) that one can replace via trade or with UFA signing. Bourque and Bichsel are also interesting prospects, so their prospects pool isn't empty.

I think the Stars have a bright future.
I don’t know much about their prospects, so maybe so. But they have a decent amount of guys over 30. I was just going over them yesterday. There’s also Suter, Duchene, Dadonov, Seguin and Craig Smith. Smith is definitely a role player. Everyone else plays a significant role though.

I do think it’s fair to call them a cup contender, unlike Winnipeg (and Vancouver, who I don’t think many have called a contender) who could have easily finished in wild card 2 like they did last year or even outside the playoffs.

I’m not saying Dallas isn’t a cup contender, just that they’re old and I question whether that many old guys can hold up for an entire run to the cup.

Oettinger is also a huge question mark. He was hot to end the season, but it wasn’t too long ago that he was playing particularly bad and his playoffs last year left a lot to be desired.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
HelleSUCK
He was an absolute trainwreck. By far the worst of any goalie that played last night.

Two bad goals, one of them a giveaway.

If he's not gonna raise his game and this is all the rest of the team has, and Georgiev just plays like he did last night, Colorado could easily take this in 5.

Winnipeg beat Vegas in game one last year, then proceeded to lose the next 4 straight.

Winnipeg has badly been outplayed both games. And that was at home in a pretty tough (DeBoer joke not intended) building for the opposition.

I picked Winnipeg in 7, only because of the goalie disparity. If things don't change for both Winnipeg and Hellebuyck starting immediately, it's probably Colorado in 5 or 6. Colorado is the superior team by quite a bit. If not for Georgiev's implosion late in the season (one of which happened in a game against Winnipeg) then these teams easily swap seedings and we're now going to Winnipeg for games 3 and 4.

Reactions: Dialamo

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Bruins crying about the schedule. Typical of the organization. They've never actually lost a game in their history. Always, in this order, Refs, Injuries, Schedule.

So predictable.

I can't stand anything about that organization except Pat Maroon.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Leafs are playing a strong game tonight imo. Nothing flashy, but they're playing efficiently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad