OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Should root for the Islanders winning the cup.

Means early exits for Carolina and NYR.
Palmieri is on the team. Lou is there.
2 teams completely ignoring prospects and draft picks winning the cup back to back would lead to some interesting copycats
Absolute meltdown of leafs fans here with Lou winning a cup.

• Wow
Reactions: Dialamo

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
I probably won't watch much, but I'm on team Rico!

IMG_3249.gif

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY

2 teams completely ignoring prospects and draft picks winning the cup back to back would lead to some interesting copycats
I'll root for the Isles to make the final, because that would be funny, but the Cup should go out west again. No east team deserves it.

Though I'd be fine with another Ovechkin cup because he rules and also it'd be so f***ing funny to have a -37 G/D champ

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

This isn't the positive you think it is, the Devils threads on this board would be pining for Lou's teams all over again

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Dallas, Colorado, Edmonton would be the teams I'm fine seeing win. I don't think Colorado gets past Winnipeg though so that'll probably be short lived. Vegas winning would be funny to me just from a "some men like to watch the world burn" perspective. The East can go f*** itself this year.

Camille the Eel

Well let’s not award them any laurels yet, and for getting a whole bunch of loser points to out pace us by the equivalent of a handful of games, but:

They haven’t ignored prospects and picks. The key pieces on the back end - Pelech, Pullock, other defensemen were inherited by Lou from the Garth Snow development teams in Bridgeport and the Isles when Lou got there. The Isles back line is mostly home grown. Romanov was a good signing too. Dobson may be home developed.

Barzal, the key guy, was a draft pick and developed there. Nelson and Lee were their picks, spent their whole time there, I believe.

Then too they have a surprising group of young and speedier (for the Isles) forwards who have emerged this year to add some youth and talent. I don’t know where they came from but some likely are home team developed. Engval (forgive the spelling), Holmstrom, young McLean (undrafted free agent, right?) . . . We can maybe consider some of these guys home grown (though I think Engval came as a deadline deal last year).

If Lou has been shrewd it’s the deal for Horvat late last year that stands out most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I guess I'm team Rico too. Keep the Cup out of the East too. Wouldnt mind Dallas either I guess. Or Winnipeg cause NHL would hate that and I have nothing against them.

Panthers in 6
Bruins in 7
Rags in 5
Hurricanes in 5

Stars in 7
Jets in 6
Predators in 6
Oilers in 4

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Camille the Eel

I guess I'm team Rico too. Keep the Cup out of the East too. Wouldnt mind Dallas either I guess. Or Winnipeg cause NHL would hate that and I have nothing against them.

Panthers in 6
Bruins in 7
Rags in 5
Hurricanes in 5

Stars in 7
Jets in 6
Predators in 6
Oilers in 4
Maybe we need a new thread for this. Here goes all the same:

Washington beats the Rags in 7
Carolina over the Isles in 5
Boston over Toronto in 5
Florida over Tampa in 7
Dallas over VGN in 4
Colorado over Winnipeg in 6
Edmonton over LA in 5
Vancouver over Nashville in 6

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Maybe we need a new thread for this. Here goes all the same:

Washington beats the Rags in 7
Carolina over the Isles in 5
Boston over Toronto in 5
Florida over Tampa in 7
Dallas over VGN in 4
Colorado over Winnipeg in 6
Edmonton over LA in 5
Vancouver over Nashville in 6

This caught me more off guard than the Washington over NYR pick lmao

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Rooting for McDavid and the west as a whole. Rooting against pretty much every eastern team though I admit I have a soft spot for Toronto.

Camille the Eel

This caught me more off guard than the Washington over NYR pick lmao
I do think Dallas will dominate the series. Whether Vegas will win a game or two, that’s always very hard to split hairs on. But I don’t think Vegas is very good right now and don’t expect a close series.

As to the Rangers there’s definitely some wishful thinking on my part. But I have a hunch all the same. Washington has been in games they’ve had to win for the last two weeks. They’ve been winning low scoring ones (maybe they scored like 15 goals in winning their last 7 or 8?) and have a no name goalie who’s been playing unexpectedly well. They got the dregs of their old cup winning club - Carlson, Ovi, Wilson, Oshie . . . They are a heavy team. There’s a Laviolette nemesis factor as he faces his old club.

Meanwhile the Rangers have not faced a pressure game they have had to win all season. Not a single one. And they have played poorly the final couple of weeks too, sort of backing in to the playoffs. The refs put their whistles away . . . And for the Rangers their power play is 3/4s of their strength. Or more.

At the very least I expect a close series here. This one goes seven.

But yeah I have less confidence about this than about Dallas dominating Vegas.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As to the Rangers there’s definitely some wishful thinking on my part. But I have a hunch all the same. Washington has been in games they’ve had to win for the last two weeks. They’ve been winning low scoring ones (maybe they scored like 15 goals in winning their last 7 or 8?) and have a no name goalie who’s been playing unexpectedly well. They got the dregs of their old cup winning club - Carlson, Ovi, Wilson, Oshie . . . They are a heavy team. There’s a Laviolette nemesis factor as he faces his old club.
Eh, I don't see it with Washington. They're very slow, they lack skill. I'm not even sure if Carlson is or isn't good anymore. He's probably not bad.

Ovechkin is hot right now, but certainly not what he was.

Oshie is pretty close to a roasted marshmallow at this point.

The whole ''Heart of a champion'' or ''Winning factor'' doesn't mean much when the players that wre champions/winners are old and just not good anymore.

As far as Dallas goes, they could go either way, but they're a very old team. Outside of the obvious Washington and maybe the Islanders, I'm pretty sure they've gotta be the oldest team in these playoffs. Winnipeg probably isn't too young either. They're much better than those teams, but I could see them running out of gas before getting to the finish line. They had too many impact players in their 30s, though Robertson, Heiskanen, Johnston, Hintz and Oettinger are all pretty young to fairly young. Stankoven has been good since he came up.

They wouldn't be the biggest shocker to come out of the West either. I would be much more shocked if several other teams came out of the West over them, including Vegas. Though I wouldn't be shocked if Vegas upsets them in round one. If they get a competent Oettinger in round one they should be okay. Especially if Vegas are dumb enough to keep running Adin Jag Hill out there because of the cup last year.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could see the Capitals winning game 1 and people being like ''SEE! TOLD YOU! The Rangers aren't that good! They can't win when their power play is cold!'' or something like that, before proceeding to win out the remainder of the series in 5

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I could see the Capitals winning game 1 and people being like ''SEE! TOLD YOU! The Rangers aren't that good! They can't win when their power play is cold!'' or something like that, before proceeding to win out the remainder of the series in 5
1be8e2ad-3073-45fd-993a-8d8775e42c81-jpeg.671030

Well said brother. I expect nothing less than total Rags domination from the start. Ever since that lucky Devils game 7 win the Rangers have been on a another level. Presidents Trophy already in the back while Devils are golfing. Igor will be the MVP while Devils goalies cant catch a beach ball and Kakko will be the superior Cup winner while Jack is rehabbing yet another injury. Only one standing in their way will be Lou and the NYb. Fire Fitz already.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Ill be rooting for Lou. Though admittedly thats sets the Rags up for a cake walk straight to the ecf.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I don't have any good options in this series. On the one hand, f*** the former Whalers.

On the other hand, I really don't want to see the loser point merchants rewarded for sneaking into the playoffs on the back of 989836525 OT losses.

indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad