OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’m painting a wall in my attic tomorrow at 5 pm. I’m not sure what will be more exciting. Staring at that after I’ve finished or watching Clutterbuck and Noesen cross check each other over and over against the boards while the puck just sits there for 20 minutes. And then of course Staal and Nelson engage in Greco-Roman wrestling on every faceoff the way hockey was intended to be played. Should be riveting.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
On the East side. Would like to see Carolina and Toronto lose for the continued lulz. Same for NYR obviously. Tampa/Florida, I do not really care.

On the West. Would like to see Edmonton and Colorado lose for sure. Go Dallas and Nashville for my boys DeBoer and Brunette.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
On the East side. Would like to see Carolina and Toronto lose for the continued lulz. Same for NYR obviously. Tampa/Florida, I do not really care.

On the West. Would like to see Edmonton and Colorado lose for sure. Go Dallas and Nashville for my boys DeBoer and Brunette.

Realistically, best case scenario is they win the Cup and Dundon pushes Brindamour like how Trotz left Washington after 2018 or they lose to the Isles first round and we steal RBA from them

Reactions: Mgd31

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Curious to hear who other Devils fans are rooting for this postseason.

I think there's really only 3 teams I'm actively rooting for in the playoffs:

1. Oilers - Not a team that I've rooted for much in the past, but at some point I want to see great players like McDavid & Draisaitl rewarded with a Cup...along with Devils legend Henrique. Think his acquisition puts them over the top for me. They completely lucked out in how last night's games played out and face the Kings first round instead of Vegas.
2. Carolina - Yeah, I know this makes zero sense given the rivalry and playoff history between these two teams...but I have family in North Carolina that are Hurricane fans (I originally got my brother-in-law into hockey by taking him to a Devils game), so it would be cool to see them enjoy a Cup after being a top team in the league for a long time. Also helps that they most likely face the Rangers in round 2.
3. Florida - Can't help but root for a franchise that got a ton of shit for their fanbase for a long time and paid their dues.

Beyond that, I don't really care too much as long as the Rangers don't win it all.

Was generally a fan of Winnipeg in the past, but a couple of complete douchebag fans on this site during the Hellebuyck trade threads really soured me on them - hope they get swept. Generally like Nashville, but still stings seeing Brunette do so well there, so guess I'm pulling for Vancouver in that series...though Canucks fans on this site get annoying. Starting to almost feel sorry for Toronto fans, but it's still hilarious to see them implode in the playoffs so I'll be rooting for that. Don't really have anything against Dallas, so if they do well that's fine too.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Curious to hear who other Devils fans are rooting for this postseason.

I think there's really only 3 teams I'm actively rooting for in the playoffs:

1. Oilers - Not a team that I've rooted for much in the past, but at some point I want to see great players like McDavid & Draisaitl rewarded with a Cup...along with Devils legend Henrique. Think his acquisition puts them over the top for me. They completely lucked out in how last night's games played out and face the Kings first round instead of Vegas.
2. Carolina - Yeah, I know this makes zero sense given the rivalry and playoff history between these two teams...but I have family in North Carolina that are Hurricane fans (I originally got my brother-in-law into hockey by taking him to a Devils game), so it would be cool to see them enjoy a Cup after being a top team in the league for a long time. Also helps that they most likely face the Rangers in round 2.
3. Florida - Can't help but root for a franchise that got a ton of shit for their fanbase for a long time and paid their dues.

Beyond that, I don't really care too much as long as the Rangers don't win it all.

Was generally a fan of Winnipeg in the past, but a couple of complete douchebag fans on this site during the Hellebuyck trade threads really soured me on them - hope they get swept. Generally like Nashville, but still stings seeing Brunette do so well there, so guess I'm pulling for Vancouver in that series...though Canucks fans on this site get annoying. Starting to almost feel sorry for Toronto fans, but it's still hilarious to see them implode in the playoffs so I'll be rooting for that. Don't really have anything against Dallas, so if they do well that's fine too.

Always liked Joe Pavelski so wouldn't mind seeing him finally winning a cup but not actively rooting for anyone, more like rooting against teams. I want Rangers, Islanders, Carolina, Colorado and Los Angeles out. Other than that I don't really care who wins.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Toronto yes, Carolina will annoy me when they lose to the Rangers in Round Two again.

Reactions: Mgd31

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Rd 1 rooting interests, each conference listed in order of how much I care.

EDM vs LAK Go Oil
DAL vs VGK obvious
COL vs WPG No cookie for Parise
VAN vs NSH Might even flip flop here, who knows (or cares)

NYR vs WSH obvious
CAR vs NYI A first round loss might somehow possibly mean Brind’Amour isn’t re-signed, but f*** the Fishsticks.
FLA vs TBL forgive me @njdevils1982
BOS vs TOR Someone has to win

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hill with yet another pathetic game. Every goal was bad. I’m pretty sure he’s never winning another cup as the starter for the duration of the playoffs again, so they need to go with Thompson.

I can’t think of the bummiest, no name starting goalie to win two different cups or even make multiple finals. We’ve seen quite a few win cups and make the finals, but it was never repeated when it comes to no name Adin Hill types.

Some might say Matt Murray, but he didn’t play the duration of the second cup run, and he actually had a pretty fantastic start to his career. He could have been one of the better goalies of the generation, but he got injured too much.

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Rd 1 rooting interests, each conference listed in order of how much I care.

EDM vs LAK Go Oil
DAL vs VGK obvious
COL vs WPG No cookie for Parise
VAN vs NSH Might even flip flop here, who knows (or cares)

NYR vs WSH obvious
CAR vs NYI A first round loss might somehow possibly mean Brind’Amour isn’t re-signed, but f*** the Fishsticks.
FLA vs TBL forgive me @njdevils1982
BOS vs TOR Someone has to win

All good except for the FLA one, but i dislike TB equally as much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I need to sleep on it some more to give official picks, but the only one I feel REALLY comfortable with right now is the Rangers over the Capitals. I don't even have to think about that one.

If the Capitals make it 6 games then their absurd luck is just continuing. They're one of the worst playoff teams I can remember since the league added the last 6 or 8 teams. There's probably been a few worse ones, but they really stick out for me. Detroit wouldn't have been much better. If the Rangers beat the Capitals in 4, they probably beat Detroit in 4.5 or 5.

I'm pretty damn sure Dallas is beating Vegas. Vegas did win a few in a row again recently. All Vegas had to do was beat the Ducks last night and they could have finished 3rd, which almost looked impossible a week or two ago.

I'm high on Edmonton, I think they're beating LA. Skinner is the most underrated goalie in these playoffs, if not the entire league. Not because he's really good, but because people talk about him like he's Samsonov or Raanta. If Adin Hill can win a cup without McDavid, Skinner can win a cup with McDavid.

Colorado and Winnipeg is a toss up. One goalie is MUCH better, one team is better. The one team that's better isn't the one with the goalie that's MUCH better.

Vancouver and Nashville is also a toss up for me at the moment.

I'm pretty sure Carolina is beating the Islanders. The only more upsetting result out of the East, maybe out of the entire league would be the Capitals beating the Rangers. Though that would be MUCH more of a upset than the Islanders beating the Canes.

I'm not sold on Florida beating Tampa. Two years ago I picked Florida to beat Tampa in the second round before the series started and immediately regretted it by game 1. I think I immediately flip flopped on that one. I almost wanna say Tampa wins, but I may feel stupid for saying that by game 1 or 2. I'm not going official on that just yet.

Boston and Toronto is another toss up. Boston is the most low key mediocre team in the league. They're a wild card caliber team this year that masqueraded as a presidents trophy contender and nobody has been talking about it. Whereas wild card number 2 in the East was a battle between a bunch of bottom feeding caliber teams masquerading as wild card contenders. The Leafs have been a bit underwhelming lately and unlike Boston, the Leafs have BAD goaltending. Woll is the only goalie I'd maybe trust over there. Samsonov is easily the worst starting goalie in these playoffs.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I need to sleep on it some more to give official picks, but the only one I feel REALLY comfortable with right now is the Rangers over the Capitals. I don't even have to think about that one.

If the Capitals make it 6 games then their absurd luck is just continuing. They're one of the worst playoff teams I can remember since the league added the last 6 or 8 teams. There's probably been a few worse ones, but they really stick out for me. Detroit wouldn't have been much better. If the Rangers beat the Capitals in 4, they probably beat Detroit in 4.5 or 5.

I'm pretty damn sure Dallas is beating Vegas. Vegas did win a few in a row again recently. All Vegas had to do was beat the Ducks last night and they could have finished 3rd, which almost looked impossible a week or two ago.

I'm high on Edmonton, I think they're beating LA. Skinner is the most underrated goalie in these playoffs, if not the entire league. Not because he's really good, but because people talk about him like he's Samsonov or Raanta. If Adin Hill can win a cup without McDavid, Skinner can win a cup with McDavid.

Colorado and Winnipeg is a toss up. One goalie is MUCH better, one team is better. The one team that's better isn't the one with the goalie that's MUCH better.

Vancouver and Nashville is also a toss up for me at the moment.

I'm pretty sure Carolina is beating the Islanders. The only more upsetting result out of the East, maybe out of the entire league would be the Capitals beating the Rangers. Though that would be MUCH more of a upset than the Islanders beating the Canes.

I'm not sold on Florida beating Tampa. Two years ago I picked Florida to beat Tampa in the second round before the series started and immediately regretted it by game 1. I think I immediately flip flopped on that one. I almost wanna say Tampa wins, but I may feel stupid for saying that by game 1 or 2. I'm not going official on that just yet.

Boston and Toronto is another toss up. Boston is the most low key mediocre team in the league. They're a wild card caliber team this year that masqueraded as a presidents trophy contender and nobody has been talking about it. Whereas wild card number 2 in the East was a battle between a bunch of bottom feeding caliber teams masquerading as wild card contenders. The Leafs have been a bit underwhelming lately and unlike Boston, the Leafs have BAD goaltending. Woll is the only goalie I'd maybe trust over there. Samsonov is easily the worst starting goalie in these playoffs.

I agree with all of this. I am not so sure about Florida either. I think they will win, but you never know.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Edmonton/LA could be another quick one. Talbot/Rittich is potentially as bad as Samsonov, even though they've had a better season.

Vegas is probably too good to get swept by Dallas, but I could already see Hill tossing them a game or two if they think they're gonna start with him because he won a cup last year.

I think the Leafs are a dark horse to get swept because of Samsonov, but Boston is also not very good and Toronto could wind up beating them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad