OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Duchene ending the Avs season has gotta be a kick in the balls. It’s been some time though, but the way he left wasn’t good. They got good the same year he left, while he rotted on Ottawa for over a year until he became a rental.

I just now noticed Zach’s beard. He didn’t have much of one here in the 2012 playoffs from what I remember.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
1716012258767.png

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damn that DeBoer/Parise handshake talk hit different :(
I was just thinking back in the 3rd period and first OT about their history and how Pete has a chance at ending Zach’s career tonight.

I’ve also been thinking about the Parise/Suter thing and them ending the other’s career, but I think Suter is signed next year. Zach isn’t.

I don’t hate Zach. I’m over it. But I don’t care much either.

If he really wants to play, he can probably get a one year deal on some halfway decent team. Lou would probably take him back over there again lol.

But he’s gonna have to start the season out of camp. It’s gotta be hard training an entire summer, fall and half the winter at 40 years old before debuting in February two years in a row.

I suspect this is it for him though.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do think Zach is a phony, or he certainly was when he was departing here. He could be a much more mature and genuine guy at 40 years old, but I never trusted him when he was blowing smoke up our asses in 2011 and 2012.

It’s definitely something that he never even did make a conference final after the cup finals he made here.

The amount of times he’s went out in the first and second round in his career is pretty astonishing, considering he made the playoffs almost every year of his career.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s been around a long time now. I think he might be due a cup.

I’m not counting out Edmonton yet, but if they don’t survive Vancouver I’d have to think Dallas wins the West. They’re just the better team.

Even though I’ve constantly talked about how old some of them are, their younger stars are really carrying them right now.

And I’d like to see Pavelski get a cup. One of the more underrated careers and has aged remarkably well. I always thought he should have been the USA hockey poster boy of that period/draft year over Zach.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Parise lasted a lot longer than expected, given his back issues.
He’s fine by me. He’s probably a decent guy. I do think he played a phony when he was departing here.

And I was always puzzled by him supposedly being pissed they gave Kovalchuk the big deal before they offered him one, which there’s always been a ton of smoke over him feeling slighted by that.

When the 2010 season ended he was basically pitching for us/Lou to re-sign him because he said he thought he could help us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad