Ontario Reign 22-23 thread. Nothin' lasts forever, even cold November Reign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Reign could potentially field a roster this season filled entirely with NHL contracts. First time I believe. Kings really loaded up on veteran players that have seen some NHL time to go with the younger prospects.
View attachment 725781
Englund and Bjornfot will be in the NHL. Mark my words. Spence or Clarke is 50/50 - one will be up and the other be in Ontario.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I am sad just because I don’t see Cameron Gaunce name on there. I honestly think that I will make an amazing coach one day

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Reign could potentially field a roster this season filled entirely with NHL contracts. First time I believe. Kings really loaded up on veteran players that have seen some NHL time to go with the younger prospects.
View attachment 725781
Is Thomas heathy? At this point he’s in the same boat as Turcotte to me. I’m hopeful they can have a career but TBD.

Also it seems like for many years the Kings went too light on vets in the AHL. Now they’re heavy on them. Better insulation for the kids maybe?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Is Thomas heathy? At this point he’s in the same boat as Turcotte to me. I’m hopeful they can have a career but TBD.

Also it seems like for many years the Kings went too light on vets in the AHL. Now they’re heavy on them. Better insulation for the kids maybe?
Yup, check the Ht & Wt of the guys being brought in… seems like they’re going to finally be protecting their own as you mentioned

Last edited:

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
View attachment 725781

You know the team better than everyone else here, do you believe this is a good idea?

Just genuinely wondering.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
I wonder how much our kids will get pp-time?

First pp-unit: Tynan, Hudon, Hicketts (Spence?), right shooting winger (Fagemo? Chromiak? Madden? Laferriere?), another right shooting player or Turcotte?

2nd pp-unit?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Englund and Bjornfot will be in the NHL. Mark my words. Spence or Clarke is 50/50 - one will be up and the other be in Ontario.
I agree it's Bjornfot's job to lose. That's the one player they fear losing to waivers (not Fagemo, Madden or Thomas) and young D men with 100 NHL games that are inexpensive are valued. Englund will be a victim of the 21 man roster. Also agree it will be Clarke or Spence, the other will be getting full-time minutes in ONT. Not sure how they will fluctuate the extra forward vs the extra D. That's where Englund most likely comes into play.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You know the team better than everyone else here, do you believe this is a good idea?

Just genuinely wondering.
Nothing wrong with it per se, however the Reign did sign an outstanding offensive forward (led the AHL in PP goals, two-time AHL all star) to a two-year AHL contract after my post, so he'll be in the line up. The issue is the CAP in LA, one or two roster spots that would be available to the players I posted will be in ONT instead of LA, that's part of the difference, the other, Kings have really gone out of their way to spend a ton of money this year on organizational depth. These will be a lot of salary in the AHL line up. On paper, this should be a very good ONT team if Sturm doesn't muck it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mattias

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I am sad just because I don’t see Cameron Gaunce name on there. I honestly think that I will make an amazing coach one day
Agree on his coaching potential. With the amount of D already with Kings contracts, may not see any AHL deals signed on the back end, hard to say. Fantastic leader, stick up for his teammates, drops the gloves more than you would expect. Well spoken, good hockey mind, just not the talent to take it to the next level. Would love to see him stay on as an assistant AHL coach or even a full-time Kings analyst in between periods with Stollie.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Solid take here. Reign felt the needed some bulk and toughness on the back end, and Hodgsen helps in that area at forward too. I didn't look it up, but it feels like Thomas has missed more time than Turcotte, it doesn't bode well. Key season for both players to make the next step towards their NHL dream, but they must stay in the line up. Both have skill, Thomas has bottom six potential, Turcotte middle six.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Just look at the ONT payroll for players with Kings contracts this year. Huge $$ for an AHL team.

Englund $1,000,000
Rittich $875,000
Hodgson $800,000
Tynan $787,500
Moverare $762,500
Maltsev $450,000
Connauton $450,000
Santini $275,000
Hicketts $275,000

Almost all of the younger players are between 70K and 95K, which is typical. And if at any point JAD is sent down (I don't expect it), another 775K.

It's not listed since it's an AHL deal, but Hudon is likely well north of 100K on his deal per year.

• Wow
Reactions: BigBrown

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Solid take here. Reign felt the needed some bulk and toughness on the back end, and Hodgsen helps in that area at forward too. I didn't look it up, but it feels like Thomas has missed more time than Turcotte, it doesn't bode well. Key season for both players to make the next step towards their NHL dream, but they must stay in the line up. Both have skill, Thomas has bottom six potential, Turcotte middle six.
It’s been a shame because both are key culture defining guys.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I agree it's Bjornfot's job to lose. That's the one player they fear losing to waivers (not Fagemo, Madden or Thomas) and young D men with 100 NHL games that are inexpensive are valued. Englund will be a victim of the 21 man roster. Also agree it will be Clarke or Spence, the other will be getting full-time minutes in ONT. Not sure how they will fluctuate the extra forward vs the extra D. That's where Englund most likely comes into play.
Ask yourself who would derive the most benefit from full time minutes in AHL?
Plus Spence needs to be evaluated and potentially shopped.
They will see how Clarke does in the AHL and he may come up if Blake makes moves corresponding pre deadline.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Clarke can play LHD so a Clarke-Roy pairing could be in the works

1688598626305.png

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Our D is the easiest part of the team to figure out:

44-DD
Gravi-Roy
Bjornfot-Clarke
Englund

Englund rotates with Bjornfot depending who we face. Any RHD is hurt, Spence comes in. I do like it.
That could be, but the Kings then signed JAD only to put him on waivers and send him to ONT, because they can only carry 21 to fit under the CAP.

Waiting for the Reign to sign an Enforcer - Gouldbourne or Doty….
Hodgson can handle the middleweight stuff, I agree they may sign a bigger body though.

Reactions: Johnny Utah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad