Only rookies can score, Habs lose 3-2 vs Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Shot totals mean nothing.
Ovechkin is 10x the player Max is. He may not be as good defensively, but he's not afraid to hit people or go into the corners. Also Alex, doesn't constantly shoot from the half wall.

Also don't compare a player that is over PPG, to someone who isn't.
Ovechkin is only 2.5x the player Pacioretty is but realistically it's closer to 1.3x.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We have been missing a top 6 for how long now?

MB gonna do something one day or another. He is not a rookie anymore. Byron, Flynn, Thomas, DSP, Youppie are 4th line players. Gonna stop with this musical chairs game. The musical chairs strategy is what i expect from bad DGs like Houle. Hope MB is better than that.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
We have been missing a top 6 for how long now?

MB gonna do something one day or another. He is not a rookie anymore. Byron, Flynn, Thomas, DSP, Youppie are 4th line players. Gonna stop with this musical chairs game. The musical chairs strategy is what i expect from bad DGs like Houle. Hope MB is better than that.
Bergy's best move is to do nothing until the team is whole again.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
The underlying stats say yes, however.

1.17 PPG vs 0.71 PPG.

6, 50+ goal seasons (may be another 50 this year)
vs
1, 39 goal season (0 season over 39 goals).

0.97 PPG Playoffs vs 0.56 PPG Playoffs.

Ya Ovechkin is SLIGHTLY better than Pacioretty...

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
1.17 PPG vs 0.71 PPG.

6, 50+ goal seasons (may be another 50 this year)
vs
1, 39 goal season (0 season over 39 goals).

0.97 PPG Playoffs vs 0.56 PPG Playoffs.

Ya Ovechkin is SLIGHTLY better than Pacioretty...
I didn't say he was slightly better, I said he's 1.3 times better as opposed to 10 times better.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Let's face it, we've been spoiled by Price. In our eyes, Condon looks worse than he actually is because we're so used to Price. I think we should cut him some slack, tbh... He's not great but he's far from bad. I think he's doing a fine job considering he was barely in the AHL last season.

Condon is a good backup but let's be honest .913% doesn't cut it at this level for a #1 goalie (specially not with the D in front of him). Pretty much all top #1 has better stats than that. And those who don't like Rask or Crawford well their team are not winning much the Hawks are playing for 500 if you count overtime lost as real lost. Nothing to do with Price. There's 16 goalies with a better save % (over 15 game played).

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just went through 8 pages of posts and have seen criticism and blame being assigned everywhere but to the soft play of our D as a whole.

On AC, they unanimously agreed that the Habs D was real soft tonight, on all 3 goals, including the one that was reversed, the D did a very poor job of clearing bodies away from the net. The Canes' game plan was to rattle the rookie goaltender and get into his space, and they succeeded. The lack of physicality was painfully obvious -- if anything, the D should be called to task and Pateryn and eventually Tinordi, should be be taking on a role in this regard.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Bergy's best move is to do nothing until the team is whole again.

The best move would be to try the talented kids instead of borderline AHLers. I know, i know we must let them in the AHL for 7 years before giving them their first game because of the wings. But the thing is while the wings wait 3-4 years before graduating a kid they give most of them around 10-20 NHL games of experience a season.

Nyquist played 18 NHL games his first season, 22 NHL games his second and 57 his 3rd.

I don't know what Hudon did. Is he having problem outside the ice. Dunno. But he has 1 year and almost an half of pro experience. It's time to give him a try. He is definitely more talented than Carr.

I have nothing against Carr but sadly for him Cendrillon is the exception and not the rule. The guy is undrafted and his AHL stats are nothing to write home about considering his age.

Patch-Plekanec-Hudon
Eller-AG-Ghetto
Margarin-DD-Weise

Let's see what Hudon and Ghetto can do. The others imo are a waste of time.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You dont need years of player development to be more physical in corner and/or front of the net. You dont need a natural talent to do that

I already saw Patches to be more physical in the past. It's maybe his history of injury I dont know.

Line any profession you can always learn and improve your skill
I'm pretty sure that any veteran NHL players will said that they always learning

You give two exemples of player adaptation with Eller and Galch that it's harder to acheive than to simply be more phisycal

They will not be more physical, it's not going to happen, and criticizing them for it is rather unfair.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Ya I'm done here, if you believe in the stupidity you wrote...
You win.

Your entire conversation was stupid albeit wildly entertaining. Comparing pacioretty to ovechkin to the decimal point. No winners here. Except for me for following the glorious exchange.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Bergy will make a move when the time is right. Team is on the right trajectory overall, I'm confident that he knows that and will act appropriately

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
DD => Still Cold | TOI: 17:27
Pacioretty => Flamed out | TOI: 18:42
Plekanec => Flamed out | TOI: 18:13
Galchenyuk => (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | TOI: 15:56

Therrien is the man!

XCY4n8t.gif

This is me, As soon that i saw Pacio with DD.

And that first wave of pp = Pacio - DD - Weise. For **** sakes Therrien...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
With how well the Wings, Bruins, and Sens are playing, Habs might not be able to hold on to division lead by the time Price returns.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
With how well the Wings, Bruins, and Sens are playing, Habs might not be able to hold on to division lead by the time Price returns.

They will not. Sens and Wings will have surpassed them. And, TBH, in what shape will he be back?

Until the GM finds a veteran alternative, this team will play .500 hockey. And the team's overall confidence with the puck will be shot. Offensively, it has started. They are already much more tentative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad