Half-Assed GDT: One more time

Mar 6, 2012
So I can't even watch it on Bally Sports streaming... awesome.

Maybe when the NHL decides to make watching their games not be completely frustrating and confusing I will give them money again. Until then, I think I'm done paying for streaming. Won't do it next year either.

I've watched 95% of Blues games over the last 25 years or so, but trying to do it without cable has made my viewership go off a cliff. The league makes it so annoying I don't even want to watch anymore.

Most years I go to about 10 games live and watch about 70 on TV. I usually only miss 2 or 3 games. This year I still went to about 10 games but I probably only watched about 15-20 on TV. The complete crap Bally Sports UI makes time-shifted viewing super frustrating, coupled with the team being pretty lackluster... and with some changes in my available free time makes for a much less engaged customer for the NHL.

If they don't want my money I won't give it to them. If they don't want my attention, I won't give it to them. Done and done.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Since there’s nothing else to talk about in games like this, I like to look further into lineups and try to draw conclusions from them.

A bit interesting that Alexandrov finishes the season healthy scratched in the last couple games. Every other young guy has stayed in (Dean, Bolduc, Tucker, Kessel and Perunovich). Even guys who are sure to walk in UFA like Blais and Kapanen are in over him.

I have to imagine the Blues must be pretty unhappy with him. And his season sucked, so unless he has a monster summer of training, Dean is probably taking his spot and Dylan Peterson may even have a shot to pass him up on the depth chart too.

Reactions: The Electrician

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
At least games are on ESPN, that's better than ..... oh, wait, this one isn't.

Well at least it's on ESPN+. Which, as long as your feed doesn't skip around until it finally errors out and you have to go out and come back into the broadcast, you can get a seamless experience of ...

... you know what, maybe it's for the best everyone's made this game tough to watch.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If we lose, will we improve our draft position?

If not, I hope Cryrou gets a hat trick so he ups his trade value before we sent him packing this summer.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If we lose, will we improve our draft position?

If not, I hope Cryrou gets a hat trick so he ups his trade value before we sent him packing this summer.
But according to you he is terrible, so who would want him? He shouldn’t be worth anything if we believe your analysis to be “right”. We would have to add assets to him for someone to be willing to take him off our hands if all the things you say about him are true. So what value would scoring three meaningless goals mean to his value if he is terrible anyway?

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
No matter what Kyrou does the vocal part of this fanbase will NEVER be happy. If he gets traded I hope he goes the f*** off offensively. And leads whatever team he goes to to multiple Stanley cups.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I hope Cryrou gets a hat trick so he ups his trade value before we sent him packing this summer.

OIP (5).jpg

Dizee, stop making me dizzy lol.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
But according to you he is terrible, so who would want him? He shouldn’t be worth anything if we believe your analysis to be “right”. We would have to add assets to him for someone to be willing to take him off our hands if all the things you say about him are true. So what value would scoring three meaningless goals mean to his value if he is terrible anyway?

I'm pretty sure he also thought Kyrou was worth M. Tkachuk and more recently B. Tkachuk. If he sucks so bad how is he puling the Tkachuks in a trade? lol

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I'm pretty sure he also thought Kyrou was worth M. Tkachuk and more recently B. Tkachuk. If he sucks so bad how is he puling the Tkachuks in a trade? lol
To be fair, I'd trade him for either Tkachuk, and my opinion of Kyrou is pretty high this year. Kid's come a long way and he deserves some recognition for that.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
No matter what Kyrou does the vocal part of this fanbase will NEVER be happy. If he gets traded I hope he goes the f*** off offensively. And leads whatever team he goes to to multiple Stanley cups.

What are you talking about? I see a few people criticizing him, including one guy whose only purpose on this forum is to get a rise out of people, and everyone else rushing to defend Kyrou no matter what. Y'all know you don't have to respond to this guy, right? Anyone who's objective should be able to admit Kyrou has a lot of room for improvement, which doesn't mean he's terrible either.

But I notice the same thing about Krug. He's had stretches where he has played really well this year but people keep going on about how he's the problem and we need to get rid of him at all costs. I guess everyone needs a scapegoat. The fact is it's a team sport and our team wasn't good enough this year.

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
he couldnt lead his way out of a wet paper bag. he needs other people to do the trenchwork for him to even have a inch of success.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
he couldnt lead his way out of a wet paper bag. he needs other people to do the trenchwork for him to even have a inch of success.
even if that is true, he has gamebreaking offensive talent. he is the only guy on team who can consistently create chances all by himself. that is an incredibly valuable skill to any team. not everyone is gonna be patrice bergeron; you need to build your team to with mix of imperfect players.

Last edited:

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
What are you talking about? I see a few people criticizing him, including one guy whose only purpose on this forum is to get a rise out of people, and everyone else rushing to defend Kyrou no matter what. Y'all know you don't have to respond to this guy, right? Anyone who's objective should be able to admit Kyrou has a lot of room for improvement, which doesn't mean he's terrible either.

But I notice the same thing about Krug. He's had stretches where he has played really well this year but people keep going on about how he's the problem and we need to get rid of him at all costs. I guess everyone needs a scapegoat. The fact is it's a team sport and our team wasn't good enough this year.
If we can get Krug the right kind of partner on the blueline, that could help open him up to do what he does best - post points.

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
even if that is true, he has gamebreaking offensive talent. they only guy on team who can consistently create chances all by himself. that is an incredibly valuable skill to any team. not everyone is gonna be patrice bergeron; you need to build your team to with mix of imperfect players.
hes not a gamebreaker. hes not even a PPG player in the current era which has seen massive bloated scoring totals now.

tarasenko pre injury was a gamebreaker AND was not a nightmare defensively like kyrou is and forever will be.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
if we lose in regulation, does detroit pass us in the draft order since they beat our asses twice?

we need to lose if so

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
this game, somewhat surprisingly, actually matters to dallas. they need a point to clinch top seed in west.
hes not a gamebreaker. hes not even a PPG player in the current era which has seen massive bloated scoring totals now.

tarasenko pre injury was a gamebreaker AND was not a nightmare defensively like kyrou is and forever will be.
i'm not saying he's pasta or kuch, but he's somewhere between forsberg and fiala as a player. tarasenko at his peak was better, yes. and not good defensively. but none of that changes that kyrou is asset.

Reactions: Xerloris

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Kyrou is a total shit player.

Also: Kyrou will get us Brady Tkachuk, who is an absolute stud premier player.

Some things never get old.

if we lose in regulation, does detroit pass us in the draft order since they beat our asses twice?

we need to lose if so
We're locked into 16th even if we lose this game 75-3.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou is a total shit player.

Also: Kyrou will get us Brady Tkachuk, who is an absolute stud premier player.

Some things never get old.

We're locked into 16th even if we lose this game 75-3.
hope he scores atleast 3 goals tonight then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad