One More Match For Ric Flair

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I've never liked Conrad. Something to Wrestle is only interesting as a podcast if you're trying to figure out how Vince's mind works. I always disliked Conrad's poor attempts to "challenge" Prichard when picking the wrong things to challenge over. Lobbing Prichard soft-balls. Their nothing fight over Hogan being on a European Tour after Mania 9 or KOTR 94 was beyond cringey.

83 Weeks is only interesting if you...I don't know, want to live in Bischoff's fantasy world haha.

His podcast with JR was always confusing for me because I often couldn't tell their voices apart.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I've never liked Conrad. Something to Wrestle is only interesting as a podcast if you're trying to figure out how Vince's mind works. I always disliked Conrad's poor attempts to "challenge" Prichard when picking the wrong things to challenge over. Lobbing Prichard soft-balls. Their nothing fight over Hogan being on a European Tour after Mania 9 or KOTR 94 was beyond cringey.

83 Weeks is only interesting if you...I don't know, want to live in Bischoff's fantasy world haha.

His podcast with JR was always confusing for me because I often couldn't tell their voices apart.
JR is literally going senile. Nothing he says makes much sense and he would get hot about some stupid stuff. I stopped listening to that podcast very early in its run.

The Kurt Angle one is boring as hell.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
JR is literally going senile. Nothing he says makes much sense and he would get hot about some stupid stuff. I stopped listening to that podcast very early in its run.

Kurt Angle has one with him now? I like Kurt but he's never struck me as a great shoot storyteller.

Not everyone needs a podcast.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Kurt Angle has one with him now? I like Kurt but he's never struck me as a great shoot storyteller.

Not everyone needs a podcast.

Apparently Kevin Nash is starting one. Regardless of what people think of Nash as a wrestler, that guy is a good story-teller and I always found interesting to listen talk pro wrestling.

I'm not surprised Angle's isn't great.

Like you said, not everyone needs a podcast.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Conrad is a vile human.
Guy's entire persona gives me the creeps.
There is something about him that gives me a bad feeling. ILet's just say that if I had kids he wouldn't be my first choice as a babysitter. :amazed:

Anyway - he was recently on Jeff Jarrett's podcast and had these comments about Flair's match:

"I'm sad that Jim Crockett Jr. won't be here to see it. But David Crockett and as many of the Crocketts that we can get will be there on hand to celebrate one last run, one last match, not just for the Nature Boy, but for Jim Crockett promotions. We've licensed the music. It's going to look and feel just like it did way back when in the mid '80s.

"The Nature Boy is going to walk that aisle one last time. I know there's been some pushback and people who were all of a sudden are very concerned about Ric Flair's well-being. I wonder if those are the same folks who are clamoring for Undertaker to have one more match, or what they felt about Vince McMahon wrestling at WrestleMania, or Jerry Lawler wrestling every other weekend?" he continued. "It's not uncommon in Tennessee for these Tennessee boys to strut around, and by the way, Tennessee is the birthplace of Ric Flair. How fun is it that it's come full circle with Jim Crockett promotions and him and one more match? Let me just say that I'm smarter than I look. We got some fun ideas for the show and I think some naysayers are going to come around and they're going to like this idea."

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
*wet fart noises*
Hmmmm.......that can't be good.

d524a73a-472f-426f-83f8-9322bf7c2984_text.gif

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Updated card:

* Impact World Championship Match: Josh Alexander vs. Jacob Fatu
* Impact Knockouts Championship Match: Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Rachael Ellering
* The Wolves vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
* Killer Kross vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
* Clark Connors vs. Ren Narita
* Laredo Kid vs. Bandido vs. Taurus vs. Rey Fenix
* The Von Erichs vs. The Briscoes
* Ric Flair vs. TBA

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
His opponent will be announced later today. Supposedly it is a Raw roster member according to rumours. Rollins, Styles or Miz would make the most sense to me. They have all been around for a long time and can put on a good match. Owens I love but I can’t see them putting Owens with Stone Cold and with Flair. Theory or Riddle make sense too if you want to make a new star.

Who do you pick?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That's actually a really fun card. But if there is no Lethal/Flair "woo-off" promo then they have failed.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Conrad Thompson was on the Busted Open radio show this morning and I gotta say he comes across as a total weasel slash douchebag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad