GDT: One and only game 12/21 before covid Christmas pause 7pm vs Tampa Bay

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Two VGK players added to protocols today.

But for a number of reasons, league and teams would prefer to see game played.

Will be great to see one more before christ(mas) :clap: GREAT! Clappin and standing up here. A real challenge for the golden knights also, without the key players. Tampa is missing some, but they got the talent and power. Lets see what happens, only 1 hour to go :clap: Happy christ(mas) time also to y'all and holidays!

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Who would have thought when we traded Haula for Nic Roy he would be a key contributor for this team? :shrug:
I had the benefit if watching Roy in the Q and he was a player that you knew would need some time to bake in the AHL and then time to adjust to the NHL but once he got his bearings... look out. very versatile and talented player.. There were some things he did in junior that reminded me of Mario...

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Deserved better but still 8-3 in this run and deserved to win this even without Pietrangelo, Martinez, Hague, Lehner, Dadonov and technically Eichel. Plus Stone missing half the game. I know they don't have Kucherov, Cernak and Point but we ended up more depleted this game and still controlled large portions.

We've stolen a few ourselves in this run, move on and have a good break. We're still right there at the top of the division, conference and league.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team is not winning jack shit with either Lehner or Broissant.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Deserved better but still 8-3 in this run and deserved to win this even without Pietrangelo, Martinez, Hague, Lehner, Dadonov and technically Eichel. Plus Stone missing half the game. I know they don't have Kucherov, Cernak and Point but we ended up more depleted this game and still controlled large portions.

We've stolen a few ourselves in this run, move on and have a good break. We're still right there at the top of the division, conference and league.

I cannot move on cause games like this show how terrible our goaltending really is.

Vas heavily showed what a good goaltender can do.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I cannot move on cause games like this show how terrible our goaltending really is.

Vas heavily showed what a good goaltender can do.

None of the goals were bad and he even made two saves he probably shouldn't have. Their third goal was luck that ping ponged right to the stick of the player they needed it to with an open net and he didn't fail to lift the puck.

Vasilevskiy showed what the best player of their generation can do in a position. It isn't fair to put anyone in comparison to him.

But you don't need that to win. Binnington and the Blues proved that, even Quick in the Kings second cup run wasn't great.

Our team is as good as those teams and I'm confident Lehner can be better than Binnington and Quick were in those runs. He's done so in every playoff run he's had so far apart from last year when he only played 3 games and one was Colorado game one when we had a tired team that played atrocious and were just throwing him to the wolves. His other two games were very good against the Canadiens later in that run.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
This team is not winning jack shit with either Lehner or Broissant.
Exactly - I was there. Totally dominated game until Stone left and even then should've won. Three of four Tampa goals should've been stopped, Vasilevskiy stopped four breakaways. Switch goalies this was a 6-1 game. Goaltending excepted, we look like the best team in the league, not even close with Eichel.
TBH, we're going as far as Lehner takes us.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Exactly - I was there. Totally dominated game until Stone left and even then should've won. Three of four Tampa goals should've been stopped, Vasilevskiy stopped four breakaways. Switch goalies this was a 6-1 game. Goaltending excepted, we look like the best team in the league, not even close with Eichel.
TBH, we're going as far as Lehner takes us.

Do you watch the other teams? VGK playing great and good reason to be excited about Eichel but best team in the league material? I'm pumping the brakes on that. Lot of fantastic teams out there, as always winning the Cup will be a combination of health, puck luck and how the matchups fall into place.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Do you watch the other teams? VGK playing great and good reason to be excited about Eichel but best team in the league material? I'm pumping the brakes on that. Lot of fantastic teams out there, as always winning the Cup will be a combination of health, puck luck and how the matchups fall into place.

As a matter of fact, when able I do - obviously health and puck luck play into it, as well as matchups, that's the same for all teams. My point was that I do believe we are absolutely a tremendous team with Eichel (assuming we don't have to shed other players in the playoffs), and we'll likely be going as far as our goaltending takes us, which does have me worried. And last night was a case in point. Tampa goalie absolutely stole the game and Broissoit was shaky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad