Speculation: Ondrej Kase Attempting NHL Comeback

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Dude took a lot of big hits when he was on the B's.

I get the want, but not sure it's in his best interest to live a nice life when he hangs them up.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Dude took a lot of big hits when he was on the B's.

I get the want, but not sure it's in his best interest to live a nice life when he hangs them up.
He took a lot of big ones on the Ducks too.

Passion for something is one thing. Being forced to spend the rest of your days sitting in a quiet, dark room is another though. If he 'must' play hockey for his mental well being (it's something that just drives him), go find a no contact beer league. Concussions are cumulative. If the treatment in Carolina lets you live a 'normal' life now, take that gift and go live one.

Coming back to the physicality of the NHL most likely won't end well.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The fact he's been cleared to play hockey again makes me happy.

But like others, I am still concerned that the more physical NHL is a terrible idea for Kase.

Reactions: DaveG

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Feel like Euro hockey would be better option for him personally.

He's a speedy skilled player who would be electric there, but he's another unfortunate hit away from significant life altering head injuries.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s his choice so I wish him all the best. I’m sure he’s not making this decision on a whim and has evaluated everything with his family and doctors. To be fair the key word is “attempting” and we don’t even know if he’s an NHL caliber player after the time missed. Good luck though, Ondrej! :thumbu:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm a huge Kase fan and extremely split on this. He's clearly an NHL calibre player but man is this risky. I'd suggest NLA and become a Euro star personally. Less games, less travel. Obviously, I'd love if he came back to NHL.

Someone will offer him 1 mill x 1 and have a steal if he can make it to Xmas.

Reactions: DaveG

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s a really good hockey player who can absolutely play in the NHL. Good for him if he gets another deal.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
E7l4EUwXoAMDHlg.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad