Player Discussion Ondřej Kaše Appreciation Thread

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Big Sexy was just all speed and luck. Focaccia isn't super speedy or anything, but he's in the right places. So far anyway, he's shown two things you really need to actually be a player, bravery and instincts. He's obviously too weak right now for that to matter, but there's reason to be hopeful about him.

He still reminds me more of Perreault than some of the other smaller players over the years. Granted he's not as polished as Perreault was when he was here, and there's no guarantee that everything will come together, but that's what I see.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Big Sexy was just all speed and luck. Focaccia isn't super speedy or anything, but he's in the right places. So far anyway, he's shown two things you really need to actually be a player, bravery and instincts. He's obviously too weak right now for that to matter, but there's reason to be hopeful about him.
Agreed. Bravery and instincts are two of my favorite indicators for predicting sleepers. They're more like prerequisites than predictors, but you'd best to make sure they're there before getting your hopes up.

Oct 18, 2011
Kase's first NHL goal was a bank shot from behind the net

You know who else had a bank shot goal thursday? Crosby

Kase=Next Crosby

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In the night full of games NHL Twitter had 1 tweet about Kase goal, they retweeted Ducks tweet about it and also put Kase gif in the final game score tweet of theirs. Basically 3 tweets - must be the biggest Ducks exposure on NHL twitter history :laugh:

Oh and this also catched my eye:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`ve been pronouncing it Kashe (or Kashei) in my head but Hazy pronounce it Kasha it seems. I honestly have no idea what is right here

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I`ve been pronouncing it Kashe (or Kashei) in my head but Hazy pronounce it Kasha it seems. I honestly have no idea what is right here

Bolded is the right pronunciation.

Happy to see him doing well, 7th round... that's value.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kid could put in 15 goals this year if he keeps getting the chances he has been.

To be honest I kind of want him to be sent to San Diego where there are more days free and he can work on his strenght and physical atributes. Let`s see who we can put in his spot on the 3d line... oh well, nevermind then.
Although Crammer qould be an option but then that 3d line is left without any skill whatsoever. Maybe shift Garbutt to 3LW and Ritchie to 3RW

PS
On average lately on our team 2014th 6th to last pick in the draft has been averaging more ice time and looking better than the drafts 10th overall pick. I`m confused if I should be happy or dissapointed in that.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
To be honest I kind of want him to be sent to San Diego where there are more days free and he can work on his strenght and physical atributes. Let`s see who we can put in his spot on the 3d line... oh well, nevermind then.
Although Crammer qould be an option but then that 3d line is left without any skill whatsoever. Maybe shift Garbutt to 3LW and Ritchie to 3RW

PS
On average lately on our team 2014th 6th to last pick in the draft has been averaging more ice time and looking better than the drafts 10th overall pick. I`m confused if I should be happy or dissapointed in that.
Cramaross Vermette Rakkel line was doing just as good if not better. So I assume Ritchie comes back to the top line

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Cramaross Vermette Rakkel line was doing just as good if not better. So I assume Ritchie comes back to the top line

After a good start Ritchie has been quite dissapointing. Maybe time with G&P would do good again. I guess I`m not against it.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

I don't like taking away Getzlaf's one good winger. Perry needs to get out of whatever funk he's in before I'd want to move Rakell away from him. Ideally Carlyle would play the 4th line more, I think Garbutt-Wagner/Shaw-Crammer could be a pretty solid 4th line.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Cram hits better... That's about it thus far kase is all over the puck and does things cram hasn't shown. Cram should take Wagner or bolls spot. He's a 4th line grinder.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm looking forward to seeing Kase play when he's bulked up a bit, looks like he has the makings of a good middle 6 forward.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Cram hits better... That's about it thus far kase is all over the puck and does things cram hasn't shown. Cram should take Wagner or bolls spot. He's a 4th line grinder.

For sure. The fear at least in my mind is that this could rush Kase with stopping his development process as there are very few free days in the NHL. Of course, it`s not like players stop developing in the NHL but Kase is not so skilled to offset his strenght issue yet so I think he`d be better off in AHL where they usually have 5 days in a row without games.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
For sure. The fear at least in my mind is that this could rush Kase with stopping his development process as there are very few free days in the NHL. Of course, it`s not like players stop developing in the NHL but Kase is not so skilled to offset his strenght issue yet so I think he`d be better off in AHL where they usually have 5 days in a row without games.

Yes I can agree with that, but there is also cases where players play their best in the nhl for whatever reason and get better in the nhl for whatever reason, the kid seems highly motivated and highly enthusiastic. His motor is real, he had a lot of issues getting injured from huge hits in the AHL thus far he has had his head up well see how long that lasts.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
The announcers started calling him Ka-say and recently changed it Ka-sha like foccacia.

Anyways, the kid has been legit and is outclassing Ritchie. I wouldnt mind seeing Ritchie drop to the Gulls and putting Garbutt up on that third line so you have two hungy and aggressive wingers with speed that can score. A poor man's version of Pitt's 3rd line last year.

If he can keep this up then I really feel we are 1 winger away from a legit cup contender. I love our defense, our top two lines, our pp and pk, we just need to round out that 3rd line and Ritchie aint cutting it. At this point I wouldn't mind packaging Ritchie and a defensive prospect for a really strong winger (they wouldnt ever do that, I know).

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The announcers started calling him Ka-say and recently changed it Ka-sha like foccacia.

Anyways, the kid has been legit and is outclassing Ritchie. I wouldnt mind seeing Ritchie drop to the Gulls and putting Garbutt up on that third line so you have two hungy and aggressive wingers with speed that can score. A poor man's version of Pitt's 3rd line last year.

If he can keep this up then I really feel we are 1 winger away from a legit cup contender. I love our defense, our top two lines, our pp and pk, we just need to round out that 3rd line and Ritchie aint cutting it. At this point I wouldn't mind packaging Ritchie and a defensive prospect for a really strong winger (they wouldnt ever do that, I know).

I think Perry is more of an issue than Ritchie at the moment who I'm fairly comfortable with on the 3rd line. Perry is an anchor at the moment, the only reason he's putting up any points is because he's coincidentally touching the puck before Getzlaf/Rakell/someone on the PP make a good play.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think Perry is more of an issue than Ritchie at the moment who I'm fairly comfortable with on the 3rd line. Perry is an anchor at the moment, the only reason he's putting up any points is because he's coincidentally touching the puck before Getzlaf/Rakell/someone on the PP make a good play.

This. Trade him. I do expect him to pick it up, but he can't dissapear like he does with that salary. Trade him before his value plummets further.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00