Olympic Pool - Drafting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
12# Peter Bondra said:
Cant we just now have a free for all? Like lets pick the remaining guys at once. There really aint that many good guys left.

Or there's 30 picks left, theres like 72 hours left = 3 hours per pick.

I'd like to get everyone opinion here. I'm for it.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
12# Peter Bondra said:
Cant we just now have a free for all? Like lets pick the remaining guys at once. There really aint that many good guys left.

Or there's 30 picks left, theres like 72 hours left = 3 hours per pick.

I don't know, it's insider's call. I would suggest to continue at this pace as long as possible - till' the 14th and then just ''grab'' for the remaining picks.

@ insider. You really had bad luck! I had no problems with injuries so far /knocks on the wood/

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
TORRUS said:
I don't know, it's insider's call. I would suggest to continue at this pace as long as possible - till' the 14th and then just ''grab'' for the remaining picks.

@ insider. You really had bad luck! I had no problems with injuries so far /knocks on the wood/
Not a bad idea either.

Too bad Niedermayer got injured from my squad :(.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
insider said:
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!

Now the sleeper I took to replace my injured sleeper pick is hurt!!

Ok. Replace Kevin Romy with Martin Pluss

Roster

Gagné-Jokinen-Bertuzzi
Sturm-Richards-Demitra
Pluss- ________ -Olesz

Boumeester-Blake
______-_____

Lasak

My IR
Sprukts-Romy-Naslund

Khabibulin
Lehtonen

hehehe

man, fate dealt u a bad hand :( and after the hard work u put into organizing this thing. i hope blake doesnt cost u another pick as well.

there is no "fair" way we can bring back the guy who quits players? there are some decent players there who would contributute to peoples teams. maybe for the last 2 rounds we can reverse the order so those who picked last get a shot at those palyers or something, or are really fair option would be the choice to sub in an injured player for one of his picks for a person who was drafted in the same round.

for example the guy who lost forsberg should be allowed to grab nash or lang instead of axellson.

what about this: the highest picked injured player gets 1st grab at one of his players(nash, lang etc.)

this is not to benefit me as i am one of the lucky ones, but to this a closer match for all involved and thus more fun.

with such good picks lost such as foppa, nieds, nagy etc. its only fair to compensate with an equal caliber player.

thoughts?

insider

Nov 14, 2003
DRL said:
man, fate dealt u a bad hand :( and after the hard work u put into organizing this thing. i hope blake doesnt cost u another pick as well.

there is no "fair" way we can bring back the guy who quits players? there are some decent players there who would contributute to peoples teams. maybe for the last 2 rounds we can reverse the order so those who picked last get a shot at those palyers or something, or are really fair option would be the choice to sub in an injured player for one of his picks for a person who was drafted in the same round.

for example the guy who lost forsberg should be allowed to grab nash or lang instead of axellson.

what about this: the highest picked injured player gets 1st grab at one of his players(nash, lang etc.)

this is not to benefit me as i am one of the lucky ones, but to this a closer match for all involved and thus more fun.

with such good picks lost such as foppa, nieds, nagy etc. its only fair to compensate with an equal caliber player.

thoughts?

As much as I like the idea (I lost my fifth Overall pick), I don't thint it's fair. It's not anyone's fault these guys missed. It just happens. Heck, it means we disadvantaged get more chances at sleepers...

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
12# Peter Bondra said:
I wouldnt like it if soembody has a good player lost and then he picks a guy from the other ones roster.

u lost nieds, others lost forsberg, naslund etc. u guys dont want a suitable replacement?

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
12# Peter Bondra said:
Insider loses yet another player.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

This is getting ridiculous! Poor insider! He deserves Rick Nash...

And I feel bad for team Germany. Without 2 top players they will have to work very hard to get to the quarters... :shakehead

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Getting rediculous here

My IR
Sprukts-Romy-Naslund
Sturm

Khabibulin
Lehtonen

Sturm's replacement: Patrick Della Rossa

What's the use I've lost this thing anyway :cry: .

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
You selected Axelsson instead of Forsberg so he can pick him.

I wasnt PM-ed but anyways, I select an offensive D, who I hope will produce:

Latvian D Sandis Ozolinsh.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
12# Peter Bondra said:

last i heard ozo wasnt going due to health issues should double check to see if he is or not. hope this helps.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
12# Peter Bondra said:

No, I picked Axelsson as Forsberg's replacement.

Forsberg isn't injured afterall, therefor nullyifying the Axelsson selection. Take Axelsson for I care, just don't turn this draft into bullsh!t. C'mon.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Danadiens said:
You could have taken the risk with Forsberg, you didn't. Not our problem sry.

I took Axelsson as a replacement for Forsberg's injury. Forsberg isn't missing the Olympics because of injury, so therefore the pick means nothing. At round 3 I can't say 'I'll take Teemu Selanne, but incase he gets injured I'll take Milan Hejduk.

How is this any different? Selanne isnt missing the Olympics, and neither is Forsberg.

We all know damn well I pick FOrsberg fair and square and you guys are obviously just scared of my roster since I already have Jagr, Koivu, Selanne, and the starting goalie of a top 5 team..

Let's make this fair. I get who I picked.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Forsberg is Bergeron_47's.

C'mon guys. Everyone was sure he wouldn't be going. If somehow Khabibulin returned, he would be mine. DRL, please re pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad