Prospect Info: Oliver Kylington (2nd round 2015, 60th pick overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't think he should play in Sweden at all. From my understanding, their sole focus is to win games. It's a professional league, not a developmental league. Kylington should be playing in a system where the focus of the coaching staff is his development and to work on his deficiencies, he should absolutely get over here ASAP. I think the AHL is ideal for him, he's a special talent and I'd get him acclimatized to the pro game. With his speed, he would keep up to the tempo just fine.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I don't think he should play in Sweden at all. From my understanding, their sole focus is to win games. It's a professional league, not a developmental league. Kylington should be playing in a system where the focus of the coaching staff is his development and to work on his deficiencies, he should absolutely get over here ASAP. I think the AHL is ideal for him, he's a special talent and I'd get him acclimatized to the pro game. With his speed, he would keep up to the tempo just fine.

Where would he fit in though? Between,

Wotherspoon - Culkin
Sieloff - Morrison
Kanzig - Kulak

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Best thing would be to play in the dub this season. Put up some sick numbers and abuse some kids.

But it's fine whatever they decide to do with him. I have confidence they'll get him in Flames red sooner rather than later.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
This is a really interesting prospect we have here. After his injury and bouncing from team to team, I can see why people were skeptical about the kid. It takes time for a player to adapt to his role on a team and the overall situation he is in. That is why I think he will be a steal for us in the long run. Once he can actually get comfortable playing somewhere, I truly believe he will break through and become a solid addition to the Flames. Sky is the limit with him.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd prefer to see him on The Heat, just because of the attention the Flames can give him, but the WHL would be solid as well. Just get him out of Sweden.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd prefer to see him on The Heat, just because of the attention the Flames can give him, but the WHL would be solid as well. Just get him out of Sweden.
I want him playing top 4 minutes somewhere, but I can't see it in the AHL. I am actually leaning towards the ECHL, it's a higher level than most give credit for (it's not far behind the AHL), we provide direction for the club so we should be able to get him top 4 minutes, maybe top 2. Then when injuries do happen, because they do always happen, we can test him in the AHL

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I want him playing top 4 minutes somewhere, but I can't see it in the AHL. I am actually leaning towards the ECHL, it's a higher level than most give credit for (it's not far behind the AHL), we provide direction for the club so we should be able to get him top 4 minutes, maybe top 2. Then when injuries do happen, because they do always happen, we can test him in the AHL

That would be just fine as well, as long as the focus is on his development. His upside is so high, that has to be the focus with him. But I agree, playing top minutes is vital.

Deleted member 250185

If he signs an ELC and ends up in the ECHL, would he make the same as in the AHL?

Aug 21, 2014
I'm leaning on 1 year in the Dub, and then AHL. The Dub would get him acclimated to N.A hockey + allow him to gain some much needed muscle mass. Then the AHL too continue to work on his defense.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I'm leaning on 1 year in the Dub, and then AHL. The Dub would get him acclimated to N.A hockey + allow him to gain some much needed muscle mass. Then the AHL too continue to work on his defense.

That sounds like a good plan I'd support assuming he needs development as evaluated from the current camp going on.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
The ECHL is a step down from playing in the Allsvenksan, and I simply don't agree that it is anywhere near the level of competition as the AHL.

I personally don't see anything wrong with him staying with AIK. He will without a doubt get top paring minutes and responsibilities there.

AHL or AIK. Either one is fine with me.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The ECHL is a step down from playing in the Allsvenksan, and I simply don't agree that it is anywhere near the level of competition as the AHL.

I personally don't see anything wrong with him staying with AIK. He will without a doubt get top paring minutes and responsibilities there.

AHL or AIK. Either one is fine with me.

My honest preference order would be:
WHL
AIK
AHL
ECHL

It'd be stupid even to even think of sending him down there.

I'd like to see what he could do in the WHL. I mean, he'd be going to a good team, he'd definitely be able to show off that skill level. My second option would be for him just to go back to Sweden for a year. Get bigger, play lots of minutes. If he doesn't like his coach, etc, use some NHL pull and get him to team that would give him a ton of minutes. The good thing with European prospects, is you can stash them in Europe (like the NBA) and get them over here when they're nice and ready.

AHL would be a valid option, but it looks like we'll have a glut of talent there, that are further ahead on their development curves and need to be playing there. I mean, guys like Sieloff are nearing that make or break period, they need to be playing actual minutes (and not forward) and getting some reps.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
Oh god.... Watching him today.... His defensive game is honestly so bad, he has wheels and can stick handle and shoot but it's like the forwards would easily get by him and he wouldn't do much about it. Another thin I noticed was that all the passes he did would flutter in the air. In my opinion, we should move him up to forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad