Prospect Info: Oliver Kylington (2nd round 2015, 60th pick overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Oh god.... Watching him today.... His defensive game is honestly so bad, he has wheels and can stick handle and shoot but it's like the forwards would easily get by him and he wouldn't do much about it. Another thin I noticed was that all the passes he did would flutter in the air. In my opinion, we should move him up to forward.

Or... ya know...

develop him.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I have read and heard good things about Kylington's performance today.

You can't please everybody. His struggles in one on one drills can likely be attributed to being an 18 year old kid in his first NHL camp. He lacks the strength and size when put up head to head against the older, more experienced players at camp.

That's not what his game is about anyways. Karlsson get's walked around on and out muscled on a fairly consistent basis as well. Defending at 6'0' 180 is not an easy thing to do, especially in drills specifically designed to exploit and improve upon a players flaws.

I will be there for the scrimmage on Thursday, and likely for the final skill development on Friday. Kylington will definitely be one of my main focuses.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The fact Kylington is not NHL ready on day 1 of training camp is extremely disappointing to me. When we took him at 60th overall I had assumed we were getting a polished offensive D who would be ready to step into the NHL right away. Now I see however, that picking him was an utter waste of time. We should of drafted that Guillaume Brisebois guy instead.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The fact Kylington is not NHL ready on day 1 of training camp is extremely disappointing to me. When we took him at 60th overall I had assumed we were getting a polished offensive D who would be ready to step into the NHL right away. Now I see however, that picking him was an utter waste of time. We should of drafted that Guillaume Brisebois guy instead.
He will be so great that if he retires after his first NHL (at age 18) they will induct him into not only the hockey hall of fame but pro football and baseball too. In honor of his greatness all sports worldwide will retire the number 60 as a tribute to the draft position of the greatest player ever born.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Briseboise vs Kylington: the new Poirier vs Shinkaruk? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad