GDT: Old School GDT: Oilers @ Stars 1 PM Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m not even sure what it is. I thought he lost a step because until this season he seemed to get crazy chances regularly due to his speed. But then he showed he can skate like a demon still at the ASG.

It’s years of getting clobbered by the opposition physically as the refs in this league ignore it

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Unpopular opinion but if EDM traded him away I wouldn't even bat an eyelash. He's so slow and lazy most games, he forces passes etc. I don't want him eating up like 15 million a year. lol
many on this board would be behind trading Leon and spending that money elsewhere

Reactions: rec28 and Duke74

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
When Knob and Coffey came it seemed like they took the tooth outta VDs game. Maybe in an effort to concentrate on other things. Seems to be coming back now but possibly at some expense
Focus on positioning versus chasing hits. Using his wingspan and limit getting caught out of position. Has been back to more physical game lately.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
It’s years of getting clobbered by the opposition physically as the refs in this league ignore it
Yeah that’s honestly my fear. It’s an accumulation of minor injuries over the years, especially in the playoffs when teams try to murder him and Drai.

Like even just having lingering issues with one wrist can slow a guy like mcdavid down when he’s so used to beating guys with his crazy skill

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah that’s honestly my fear. It’s an accumulation of minor injuries over the years, especially in the playoffs when teams try to murder him and Drai.

Like even just having lingering issues with one wrist can slow a guy like mcdavid down when he’s so used to beating guys with his crazy skill

Yeh I hate to say it. But that’s probably what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad