Okposo or Tlusty

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
flip a coin honestly...

I've seen a lot of okpso, i'm from mn...

anyways, I hear tlusty is great also...

people here will say both players.

In the end it will be a toss up.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I am saying Okposo, because of his frame. He's got grit, and is a great scorer with a two-way game. He plays the same type of game of Tlusty, but, in my opinion, Okposo is a much safer bet to be a star in the NHL than Tlusty is because of his size, and the fact that European players are much bigger risks.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
clay said:
I am saying Tlusty, because of his frame. He's got grit, and is a great scorer with a two-way game. He plays the same type of game of Okposo, but, in my opinion, Tlusty is a much safer bet to be a star in the NHL than Okposo is because of his size, and the fact that USHL players are much bigger risks.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Sorry, what? Okposo is shorter than Tlusty and maybe 10 lbs. heavier. A power forward with Okposo's size (or lack thereof) is possible, but rare. Not only does Tlusty have a similar chippiness to his game, he seems to just be better in almost all facets. I take Tlusty, and I never regret it.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Okposo may not have the weight that other true power forwards do. But he is pure muscle. He is right around the size of guys like Iginla and Deadmarsh. And thats the way he plays. Much bigger and stronger than his stats would show.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
But Tlusty plays just as big, and has a bigger frame to grow into. For physical play only, I'd take Tlusty over Okposo.

KH1

PhoPhan said:
Sorry, what? Okposo is shorter than Tlusty and maybe 10 lbs. heavier. A power forward with Okposo's size (or lack thereof) is possible, but rare. Not only does Tlusty have a similar chippiness to his game, he seems to just be better in almost all facets. I take Tlusty, and I never regret it.
PhoPhan speaks the truth. People hear Okposo's name tossed around as a power forward and assume he's a beast, when in fact he is not that big at all.

I would take him over Tlusty though because the Isles have several prospects similar to Tlusty in their system already. I would not, however, be surprised if Tony Feltrin has to make this exact same choice on draft day.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
PhoPhan said:
But Tlusty plays just as big, and has a bigger frame to grow into. For physical play only, I'd take Tlusty over Okposo.

He does? I haven't seen too many direct comparisons between the two players, but I everything I've read and seen indicates Okposo is the more physical player. What the future holds is anyone's guess, but you'll be hard-pressed to find a a player with more grit than Okposo.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
From the pictures I've seen of Okposo, he's pretty damn big. He may not be the tallest guy in the world, but he looks pretty stacked. Tlusty may have a bigger frame but who knows what is natural weight will be. He may always be lanky.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I always see Okposo at 6' and 195, and I've seen Tlusty listed from 6' to 6'1" and from 185 to 195. The point is, if there is a size difference at all, it's negligible.

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
yea Ive seen Tlusty 6'1" 185 and Okposo 6' 195 so unless there body frames are very different size is too similar to say one way or the other. I like Okposo more but Tlusty is still a top 12 player in the draft IMO

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
What frame does Tlusty have. Not fighting but i might want this guy for the Wild. Okposo is filled out. Cannot see him adding much of anything anywhere. His best hope is late growth spurt and add 5-10 pounds after that.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Tlusty is not built as solidly as Okposo and certainly has some room to fill out, but he isn't lanky by any means. As I keep saying (and as has been said by a whole lot of other people) Tlusty plays a very "North American" game, which basically means he's just as chippy and gritty and physical as anyone else in this draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad