Trade: [OKC/ATL/PHI] Melo, J. Anderson and 2022 1st to ATL, Shroder, Luwawu-Cabarrot to OKC, Muscala to PHI

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't want any part of Melo at this point. I feel like he could be a decent role player if he would change his game, but he has showed zero inclination to do that. I think Houston is making a mistake if they bring him in. Fools gold.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I like it for OKC.

Schroder is an odd fit on a team with Russ one would think but he should still have growth left in his game.

Carmelo is an anchor at this point. A protected 1st rounder should not haunt them.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
You have to tear it down before you can rebuild. Love the deal for the Hawks. Schroeder was redundant. Freed up a spot, money, and gained a 1st.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Was trying to find the reasoning for Atlanta to do this. No problem with them waiving Melo as he's toxic by now.

But they traded away two other pieces for a first in 4 years? Are they going all in on another FA this off season or is that it?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Was trying to find the reasoning for Atlanta to do this. No problem with them waiving Melo as he's toxic by now.

But they traded away two other pieces for a first in 4 years? Are they going all in on another FA this off season or is that it?

They wanted Schroder out of there. He's decent on the court but apparently pretty bad off of it. A few weeks back one of Lowe or Windhorst said there's no market for him and they might have to attach a pick just to dump him. So moving him in this deal and getting a pick out of it seems pretty good if they really wanted him gone that badly. They also just drafted Trae Young and acquired Jeremy Lin so now there's really no need for Schroder on the team.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

They moved a bad contract that had 3 years left on it. The goal in a rebuild is to have cap flexibility and acquire draft assests. They just accomplished both with this move.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Melo has made two huge mistakes in his career.

1) Signing a 5 year contract in 2006 when LBJ/CB/Wade signed 3 year contracts, eliminating the chance of him teaming up with James & Wade in their primes. AKA the summer of 2010 - he could have been the third wheel instead of Bosh.

2) Making the Knicks gut their roster when they traded for him. He could have waited until free agency since his #1 desire was to play for the Knicks but the lack of communication forced NY's hand.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Melo has made two huge mistakes in his career.

1) Signing a 5 year contract in 2006 when LBJ/CB/Wade signed 3 year contracts, eliminating the chance of him teaming up with James & Wade in their primes. AKA the summer of 2010 - he could have been the third wheel instead of Bosh.

2) Making the Knicks gut their roster when they traded for him. He could have waited until free agency since his #1 desire was to play for the Knicks but the lack of communication forced NY's hand.

I agree with you but those are only mistakes when talking about winning/legacy. He's going to move into the top five all-time in career earnings after this upcoming season so he may not see those decisions as mistakes.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I agree with you but those are only mistakes when talking about winning/legacy. He's going to move into the top five all-time in career earnings after this upcoming season so he may not see those decisions as mistakes.

Fair point, at the end of the day money trumps all as it can do a lot more for you than legacy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad