Okay, I've allowed this to marinate for too long. We are the #1 team in hockey.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Were you aware that our Vegas Golden Knights are the #1 team in ESPN and The Hockey News' NHL power rankings on this day?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/power-rankings-knights-sitting-at-the-head-of-the-table

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/21156425/nhl-2017-18-power-rankings-scary-good-player-team

I realize that this is likely unsustainable, and that they're likely pretty overrated at this point. However, moments like these don't come to teams very often and I don't feel like you all are not appreciating it as much as you should.

Therefore, this is a thread in which to appreciate that the Golden f***ing Knights are the #1 team in hockey right now.

At this moment, you are a fan of the #1 team in hockey, and you all need to appreciate it. Appreciate it in this thread right frickin' meow.

That is all.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
When they hired McPhee AND when Gallant was hired AND when they drafted Fleury and Neal (the two obvious stars from other franchises) I said each time I thought it could be a competitve team in the playoff hunt and each time the idea was poopoo'd around here. Then I predicted a 6-2-2 start in the first ten games and it was met by deaf ears here and outright ridicule on the main board. I also said I expect them to have a winning record at home at the end of the season even if they just fall short of a playoff berth down the stretch (after the deadline trade frenzy).

The writing was on the wall: This team was BUILT to compete now. The owner said as much and had to retract it because of McPhee (who knows how to manage expectations, after all, a GM's job depends on it! he cannot afford to get hopes up and have them dashed because guess whose head goes on the block for the angry masses).

I love the Knights. I pimped the 'Silver Knights' HARD in hopes of hoisting Lord Stanley's silver sooner rather than later. As I've mentioned twice already: the expansion St. Louis Blues went three times to the Stanley Cup Finals when they were a new franchise (with a young great coach - named Bowman - and a HHOF-bound old goalie).

Attention all Knights!
Prepare to battle for this: :stanley:
We may fall short but let's go down fightin'!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I love the Knights. I pimped the 'Silver Knights' HARD in hopes of hoisting Lord Stanley's silver sooner rather than later. As I've mentioned twice already: the expansion St. Louis Blues went three times to the Stanley Cup Finals when they were a new franchise (with a young great coach - named Bowman - and a HHOF-bound old goalie).

You know I LOVE your optimism - it's a great way to live, isn't it? - but you can't really use the Blues as an example without an asterisk (*). In those three years, the playoff format was set up so that the best of the Original 6 played the best of the 1967 Expansion teams in the Final.

But this Knights team is something else, aren't they? ;)

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think there's reason to be particularly optimistic about the future as well when you look at the 2017 draft and find that the Knights haven't even begun to benefit from any of those players yet.

Glass and Suzuki alone are off to MONSTER starts.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
This team just continues to blow my mind. I just can't believe how well they're playing, it's not like they're winning with luck they are playing good hockey with 4 lines rolling hard and not letting up and scoring with skill as well as good team hockey.

I assume that a normalization is coming and they'll settle in more in the middle of the pack, but at this point I am done underestimating them. And I'm enjoying this season immensely. This team is something special and the entire organization deserves credit from GM on down to the coach who so quickly got them all playing on one sheet of music.

Impressive stuff dudes. This org really looks like it's built well from top to bottom for the long haul. Couldn't be happier right now as a fan.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Yes, but now the casual fans are gonna be VERY upset when we end up trading away Neal and Perron. Hope they understand McPhee's vision, no matter how good the team is at the time of those trades..

Neal has expressed an interest in staying with franchise. If his performance stays up, and GMGM can see him in the franchise's future (IOW they can agree on $$/term) then I can see him remaining with the team.

Reactions: VanIslander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad