GDT: Oily Ducks. Ducks @ Edmonton 7 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
They're not even playing physical hockey. Just dull up-and-down stuff. Even the guys who are known for their physicality (Wagner, Ritchie, Boll) have stopped hitting.

That's not true.

Hits PPG forwards leaders, regardless of time played:

1-Ritchie 3.3
T-2-Cramarossa and Wagner 2.2
4-Garbutt 2.0
T-12-Boll and Shaw .8

The 4th line typically plays 6 minutes a night, with about a minute on the PK. Garbutt had 3 hits last night in very limited ice. With regards to Ritchie, his line has been controlling the puck quite a bit, less opportunities to hit. I also feel that Ritchie has been on a line where he's asked to do more offensively than with Perry and Getzlaf where he as asked to be the physical presence.

Last edited:

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Yes it's worth it, plenty of soft teams and anti fighting coaches around to watch

Makes perfect sense. Watch Boll fight for 30 seconds, then stand in his own end and watch the puck go around the zone, and lose the game. I'm sure the other "soft" coaches are trying to figure out how they can work that strategy into their line ups.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
That's not true.

Hits PPG forwards leaders, regardless of time played:

1-Ritchie 3.3
T-2-Cramarossa and Wagner 2.2
4-Garbutt 2.0
T-12-Boll and Shaw .8

The 4th line typically plays 6 minutes a night, with about a minute on the PK. Garbutt had 3 hits last night in very limited ice. With regards to Ritchie, his line has been controlling the puck quite a bit, less opportunities to hit. I also feel that Ritchie has been on a line where he's asked to do more offensively than with Perry and Getzlaf where he as asked to be the physical presence.

I'm not talking about the NHL's definition of a hit.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I watched this game through a haze of NyQuil. During OT I was so out of it. I was telling myself, "I don't care who wins as long as it ends." My anxiety about OT was amplified by the NyQuil.

Glad to get a point out of this game though.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Yawn if Boll was European and didn't fight he wouldn't be mentioned. He leads the team in fights and that is what the image Carlyle wants for this team. Most Duck fans who love corsi hate fighting knew that and were going crazy because of it. Good why watch a Carlyle coached team when ther are plenty of soft skill teams to watch.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Makes perfect sense. Watch Boll fight for 30 seconds, then stand in his own end and watch the puck go around the zone, and lose the game. I'm sure the other "soft" coaches are trying to figure out how they can work that strategy into their line ups.

Yeah because that's exactly what's happening

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
They're not even playing physical hockey. Just dull up-and-down stuff. Even the guys who are known for their physicality (Wagner, Ritchie, Boll) have stopped hitting.
They still are playing more physical than their opponents for the most part but the hard hitting has gone down the last few games agreed

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
4th should be Garbutt Wagner Noesen or swap Noesen and Wagner since Noesen has looked good at center lately.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yawn if Boll was European and didn't fight he wouldn't be mentioned. He leads the team in fights and that is what the image Carlyle wants for this team. Most Duck fans who love corsi hate fighting knew that and were going crazy because of it. Good why watch a Carlyle coached team when ther are plenty of soft skill teams to watch.

Sorry Dirk, I don't love corsi and I don't love Boll. I like physical hockey and I like fighting. But it has to be spontaneous fighting, not the staged **** that Boll now partakes in. I'd rather watch an organ grinder's monkey that a ****ing staged fight.

Staged fights aren't a team image, they're a reason people are clamoring to remove fighting from the game. For a guy as one dimensional as you, you should know guys like Boll are going to be the cause of getting fighting banned completely. Guys like Maroon, Wagner, Crammer and Manson are what physical hockey needs to be about.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Sorry Dirk, I don't love corsi and I don't love Boll. I like physical hockey and I like fighting. But it has to be spontaneous fighting, not the staged **** that Boll now partakes in. I'd rather watch an organ grinder's monkey that a ****ing staged fight.

Staged fights aren't a team image, they're a reason people are clamoring to remove fighting from the game. For a guy as one dimensional as you, you should know guys like Boll are going to be the cause of getting fighting banned completely. Guys like Maroon, Wagner, Crammer and Manson are what physical hockey needs to be about.

Exactly. Boll has 2 fights that were worth having this year, the rest are garbage. Full credit for dragging Lucic off the ice yesterday, and tuning up Nolan for sucker punching Getzlaf in the previous game are why he's here. Getting into a random fight which he loses, usually badly, or attacking the wrong guy after a teammate just got run does nothing to protect your team. It just gets some other right wing double shifted so the 4th liners who actually CAN play get some ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad