Post-Game Talk: Oilers with the reverse orca card

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yep. The best player in the world has to be more than one PP assist in the biggest game of the season. C'mon. He even had a lot of wide open looks and could've broke free on multiple plays. One play in 2nd period we have a potential break and he doesn't even nab the pass. Its an icing instead; Just not sharp. Normally I don't ride him but he has to be more in these critical games. We need him to be.

1715748880159.gif

Reactions: TB12 and McDoused

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Knoblach is a hero. Full credit for putting Pickard in net, also for putting Holloway in the top six. Finally a coach who has a clue!
Agree imo only mistake was trying McDrai a second time after it worked in game 2. Drai was injured so made sense.

Tocchet was ready for it. Need more adjustments for game 5.

Reactions: McDoused

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Crybaby rick going after half his roster, that’ll go well in the locker room

That being said, we need our bottom 6 going
JT Miller screaming at Bozo becuase he didn't come into the scrum and help was classic. Reminds you that the Nucks can unravel quick and have before. That was the play where Perry barred entry with his stick and Bozo just stood there. Miller was incensed, at his own player. lol

Miller is a good player but shortcircuits when he gets too much adrenaline flowing. You have a guy like that on the bench and you want to tell to f*** himself.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
The bottom 6 has been less than mediocre. I think it's time to switch up a couple of players.

Janmark Carrick Gagner

Also; I thought Desharnais was pretty damn good playing with Nurse. I'd keep that pairing together.

Ceci made a few bad mistakes and missed a tap-in. I'd try Stecher over Ceci.

Start Picks for game 4 as well.

Last edited:

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
The Nucks are getting on my nerves, they do just enough defensively and solid goaltending to keep them in games they have no business being a part of and then put a few good plays together and a bit of puck luck and they are right back in it. I think the hockey gods owe us one game where we blow them out by a decent margin.

In terms of changes I'm ok with a Gagner for Perry swap, while Gagner's career is no where near that of Perry's I think at this point of their career they are fairly similar players, but Perry comes with more edge and net front presence and Gagner is a better playmaker, a touch more nimble, and I think he's developed really good offensive timing in his later years. Perry while close to getting some offense hasn't pissed a drop so a swap for the sake of swap doesn't seem like the worst idea.

The Ryan for Carrick swap, I'm indifferent on, I generally like Ryan better, but not a good night for his line 5 on 5.

Ceci, absolutely positively without question needs to come out, to me he is a Pez dispenser for the opposition just overload his side, apply a bit of pressure and he's handing out candy every single time. While it is admittedly hard to make a play when you got 2 players contesting you, he just never rushes the play enough to get it away before they are upon him and when he is feeling the pressure he continually makes sub-optimal, soft plays.

An obviously small sample size, but 5 on 5 in this series:

Nurse with Ceci SCF%= 30 (9 SCF 21 SCA)
Nurse without Ceci SCF%= 70 (7 SCF 3 SCA)
Kulak with Ceci SCF%= 16.7 (1 SCF 5 SCA)
Kulak without Ceci SCF%= 53.9 (21 SCF 18 SCA)

Ceci against fast teams that have a good scouting report on him is just straight up dead weight, coaches seem to give him leash cause he is a vet and he isn't making colossally bad decisions, its just consistent ineffective hockey and an inability to handle heavy pressure.

I know a lot of coaches don't like switching things up after a big win, but if Ceci starts next game I will personally lose a huge amount of faith in Knoblauch being the kind of coach that can get us to a Stanley Cup.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Zadorov chirped the Oilers bench in G2.
Bouchard wins it in OT while Zadorov is on the ice.

Zadorov shit talks pre game saying "They have to protect their investment.. that's my understanding."
Bouchard scores with 40 secs left to win the game 3-2 for the Oilers in the 3rd with Zadorov once again on the ice.

_WIWmo.gif

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Even the broadcast mentioned Nurse was so much better not having to babysit Ceci. not for the first time. Ceci is the shortstick assignment but why even play him? Put Stecher in.
Ceci kept losing puck battles and giving the puck to the Canucks. Something needs to be done about that. Stetcher might not be looking sharp in practice. There's no excuse to keep Ceci in.

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
I don't watch Canuck games but not sure why everyone is so high on Quinn Hughes. I agree he's got amazing skating ability but that seems about it.

I have no idea why more of our forwards haven't pasted him. He was basically crying after the mcdavid high stick while mcdavid after his cross check was joking it's part of the game.

Bouchard has completely outplayed him these playoffs. Anyone who watch more Nuck games full me in on what's all the hype?

The hype is...he's a Canuck. That's it, that's all

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
JT Miller screaming at Bozo becuase he didn't come into the scrum and help was classic. Reminds you that the Nucks can unravel quick and have before. That was the play where Perry barred entry with his stick and Bozo just stood there. Miller was incensed, at his own player. lol

Miller is a good player but shortcircuits when he gets too much adrenaline flowing. You have a guy like that on the bench and you want to tell to f*** himself.
Miller looked like a broken man in the presser too. With his personality it won’t take much for him to flip his lid and go full stupid.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I would like to see Gagner get in the rotation next game

But only for the one game

Because he can be a difference maker for one game

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Tocchet craping all over a bunch of his.lineup. Can't wait for the canucks luck to run out next year and they can realize this grumpy guy yelling at them all the time doesn't just automatically translate to wins without the luck. Seems like a short shelf life kinda coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad